Back to Budgeting and Scheduling Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Budgeting and Scheduling Projects by University of California, Irvine

A good project schedule helps all team members’ work together to meet project objectives. A project budget with realistic cost constraints is also an essential bedrock of any project. In this course you’ll learn to plan and stick to time and cost constraints in order to ensure the success of your projects. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the resource needs of the project 2. Decompose work packages into activities 3. Define what is needed to estimate activity durations 4. Define milestones and create a milestone schedule 5. Determine the critical path and calculate float 6. Describe the purpose of using leads and lags in a project schedule 7. Estimate the quantities and costs of resources required to perform project activities 8. Select one of three common cost estimating techniques to determine a project budget 9. Use a responsibility assignment matrix to assign responsibilities 10. Recognize the components of a project’s quality management plan...

LM
Jan 20, 2017

As in the other UCI Extension courses, this one have a good structure and a complete set of information that makes its simple to understand the basics of Schedule and Estimating in project management.

MF
Oct 23, 2016

I enjoyed this course, the mix of the video presentations and the powerpoints are well done. The instructor does an excellent job. the 'bonus videos' and 'panelist interviews' are very good as well.

51 - 75 of 1,073 Reviews for Budgeting and Scheduling Projects

By Abdulaziz K A

Feb 23, 2021

the materials are really helpful. Also it's required to increase and sharpen

our knowledge in Project management subjects.

I hope if we can receive the reading/Video materials to be as a reference.

By Alicia C

Dec 21, 2020

The is well put together the lecturer are experienced . The course is very informative and work based experience was the best method used to explain the topic. Thank you for teaching this course.

By Paul B

Oct 6, 2015

Very interesting and insightful course, with practical information on projects scheduling. The instructor is increadibly engaging and cheerful making even the most hard things easy to understand.

By Турлыханов Е Д

Jan 12, 2021

I would like to thank UCI for delivering such an understandable and interesting course. I highly recommend even for those who already have an experience in budgeting and scheduling the projects.

By Konstantinos-Marios V

Jan 3, 2021

Amazing experience that I would propose to everyone independently of your background in project management! A real milestone for a continuous progress in budgeting and scheduling real projects!

By Randall G

Dec 15, 2017

Excellent practical advice given in the tutorials and videos that will help you avoid some of the common pitfalls of project management and make you look a true project management professional.

By Adnan A H

Dec 26, 2020

By Kelly F

Oct 28, 2020

Straightforward and easy to follow. Some good insights gained from this course. I would recommend this anyone wanting to learn more about best practices for budgeting and scheduling projects.

By Farhan H

Jul 22, 2017

This course has really helped me in understanding my work better from a project's perspective. It has also highlighted the pitfalls in project's planning and executions we face everyday.

By PUSHPA S

May 16, 2020

AMAZING EXPERIENCE TO LEARNING WITH COURSERA. THIS IS ONE OF BEST ONLINE STUDY SITE IN WORLD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS TYPE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARNING COURSES. KEEP IT UP....

By Ericson R

Apr 13, 2016

Budgeting and Scheduling helps you to attain the budget needed for the project itself. It also helps to monitor you cost versus your timelines in order to minimize the overtime and over

By ABHINAV K

May 5, 2020

A best-elaborated course and quality group discussion of the panelist in last, A lot of learning inbuilt with this course. Thank you for the quality of information and certificate

By G L

May 31, 2017

I like the Coursera way of teaching. Course content was right for me and the assessments were of a standard which meant I got the recognition I required to achieve my objectives.

By James G G

Dec 20, 2020

I have for a long duration desired to upgrade my skills. Thank you for this opportunity and intend to make a step forward at work and in continuous learning. Once more thank you.

By Bismi B k

Apr 15, 2020

It was a great experience. one thing i has to suggest is to check the answers of the quiz. a question about float. i thing i had marked the correct option.but it shows wrong

By Prateekshya A

Jul 17, 2019

Loved the course! Simply excellent professor! I've taken other courses as well but found this the most interesting. Recommend it to anyone interested in Project Management.

By Michael L

Sep 7, 2020

For me, a perfect mix of delivery, exercises and quizzes to give me valuable learning experience. I enjoy the combination video / reading format of the material delivery.

By Katie A

Aug 13, 2018

Very helpful big picture overview of critical competencies for budgeting and scheduling projects. Immediate application for numerous projects I'm managing or co-managing.

By Indranil C

Aug 4, 2020

The course was really helpful in understanding the importance of scheduling and estimating costs. The course also gave some good mathematical approaches to map the plan.

By Melissa S

Mar 4, 2017

Great tools to use in real life! Good depth over the different strategies for budgeting and scheduling projects. This course reminded me of why I am taking this course!

By Sebastian S

Jan 20, 2016

Great course as the others in the specialization. As mentioned before, the emphasis on having the PMBOK Guide available for the optional readings should be emphasized.

By Janel

Nov 4, 2020

Great information without wasting time, it kept me interested the whole time and jumped from video to reading to interactive charts and problems. I really enjoyed it!

By Waheed A S

Sep 2, 2017

It is a well thought and well understood that really threw more light into all the areas seems so difficult in my earlier earned master degree in Project management.

By Iris G C A

Dec 1, 2020

Excellent course, Professor explains the lecture very clear and she gives great advice, as well as the panel, gave hands on real examples of working in the industry.