Back to Budgeting and Scheduling Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Budgeting and Scheduling Projects by University of California, Irvine

A good project schedule helps all team members’ work together to meet project objectives. A project budget with realistic cost constraints is also an essential bedrock of any project. In this course you’ll learn to plan and stick to time and cost constraints in order to ensure the success of your projects. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the resource needs of the project 2. Decompose work packages into activities 3. Define what is needed to estimate activity durations 4. Define milestones and create a milestone schedule 5. Determine the critical path and calculate float 6. Describe the purpose of using leads and lags in a project schedule 7. Estimate the quantities and costs of resources required to perform project activities 8. Select one of three common cost estimating techniques to determine a project budget 9. Use a responsibility assignment matrix to assign responsibilities 10. Recognize the components of a project’s quality management plan...

MF
Oct 23, 2016

I enjoyed this course, the mix of the video presentations and the powerpoints are well done. The instructor does an excellent job. the 'bonus videos' and 'panelist interviews' are very good as well.

JR
Feb 5, 2017

Great course going into important details on cost and budgeting. I really like the video portion which gives real-world examples that help reinforce and bring the concepts to an everyday audience.

201 - 225 of 1,086 Reviews for Budgeting and Scheduling Projects

By Aleksandra B

Apr 23, 2017

Very good, very informative, you have to think (understand the lesson) to pass the quiz or the exam

By Damilola D

Nov 21, 2016

This course has made the entire idea of Project Management much more relate-able to the work place.

By Gifty B

Mar 30, 2021

This has been one of the helpful courses I've taken to help me in my new assignment. Thank you UCI

By Ksenia S

May 6, 2020

I like the course. It’s very structured with enough level of the theory and practical information.

By Jaypee B

Mar 25, 2021

Thank you so much for the opportunity. It helps a lot to me to developed my skills and knowledge.

By Ahmad A

Aug 9, 2018

it's good course and have a clean & important information for Budgeting and Scheduling Projects

By Omar A A

Mar 5, 2016

Easy learning and very helpful for an individual who are pursuing a career in project management.

By Pamela R

Jul 26, 2020

Excellent explanations - esp appreciate the bonus videos and the real-world panelist discussion.

By Chenar J M

Nov 12, 2017

Great course Margaret Malony ,Thank you...

Hoe you can provide us how to comprehend PMBOK as well

By Sahil M

Nov 5, 2017

Great learning experience on Coursera and thanks to all team of Coursera and offcourse Margeret

By Yohan S

Jun 7, 2016

Great introductory course on budgeting and scheduling. Very helpful video tip on critical path.

By Wenyu G

Feb 19, 2021

very practical methods. leave me a clear clue about the whole project management budgeting part

By Zainab A

Jan 2, 2021

thanks for this opportunity in order to learn interesting information and gain essential skills

By Jatin K N

Apr 25, 2020

An excellent course gives quick and to the point knowledge of projects budgeting and scheduling

By Meaad A A Z

Dec 25, 2018

It was very useful material, it helped me alot to improve my skills in project management

Thanks

By Mario J R M

Aug 4, 2016

It takes a score of 100%, not handed me the certificate, I request deliver me to prove my study

By Diego P

Sep 24, 2019

Great Course. Practical and valuable methodologies to learn if you are managing a new project.

By Marnie O

Sep 11, 2017

Always thorough, and I especially find the interview panel with real project managers helpful.

By Svetlana K

Oct 10, 2019

Very useful, for a short period of time it is manageble to embrace a big scope of information

By Sharawi A

Feb 15, 2019

Very excellent course enlightened me very much in terms of budgeting and scheduling projects.

By Adisa O L

Jul 31, 2018

This gives a good learning experience and i recommend this course for future project managers

By Christy K

Sep 19, 2017

This course provided valuable knowledge, useful immediately to projects that I am working on.

By Leire R S P

May 16, 2016

So many usefull things, right now at my work I'm applying what I have learned in this course.

By HIMANSHU M

Mar 17, 2016

Really good practical ideas and guidelines to work upon the Project Scheduling and Budgeting.

By Victoria L F G

May 14, 2020

Excellent course! The lessons are very detailed and the content and practices are the bests!