Back to Schizophrenia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Schizophrenia by Wesleyan University

The main goal of this class is to gain an introductory exposure to the nature of the psychiatric disorder known as schizophrenia as revealed by the scientific method. We will discuss a broad range of findings from the scientific investigation of biological and psychological factors related to schizophrenia and its treatment. More specifically we will learn about: (1) key symptomatic features through discussion and enactments of interviews with actors portraying many of the cardinal features of the illness, (2) what brain imaging studies (MRI and fMRI) and neurochemistry have taught us about the neuroscience of the disorder, (3) scientific psychological data and theories concerning cognition, emotion and behavior in schizophrenia, and (4) current, evidence-based somatic and psychosocial approaches to treatment. A brief historical overview of the recent emergence of the psychiatric category of schizophrenia will be presented as well....

EA
May 5, 2021

Given information is very clear and easy to understand.\n\nI really appreciate that it is just the most important parts and not the whole science or odd information.\n\nThank you, I learned so much.

CR
Feb 8, 2021

Information and learning was far more than I expected. The lectures were clear, crisp and the information provided was relevant. I enjoyed the course and learnt quite a lot about the subject matter.

151 - 175 of 317 Reviews for Schizophrenia

By Milagros S B G

Aug 13, 2020

It's a good course I learned a lot.The information is very clear and easy to understand.

By Jordan S

Jan 25, 2021

very helpful in terms of understanding Schizophrenia, not too in depth but still useful

By Kristy W

Apr 11, 2021

Please post more courses from this professor. I really enjoyed this and learned a lot.

By Ruken İ

May 17, 2018

Thank you so much for giving this brilliant course. I recommend everyone to take it!

By charmi

May 7, 2020

one of the best exposure to the concepts and terminology included in schizophrenia.

By Lenka P

Dec 28, 2017

Thanks for your effort. I got many pieces of information regaring schizophrenia...

By Rosita R

Jul 2, 2021

Excellent overview of schizophrenia! Great examples of therapeutic communication.

By Lisha S

Jun 1, 2020

It was very informational course. Thank you for making my interest more valuable.

By Melanie B

Apr 11, 2021

Amazing course. I learned A LOT! Grateful for the knowledge and understanding.

By Venkatachala S N

Feb 3, 2021

Very informative about this disorder. I have learned a lot. Thanks to Dr.Kurtz.

By Wickramaarachchi, P

Oct 28, 2020

Great course with a really nice lecturer. The information was given fabulously.

By Natalia B

Feb 2, 2021

Muy buen curso, aprendí un montón! Muy bien explicado, super claro. Excelente.

By susan c

Mar 27, 2020

excellent overview of condition. Prof is a very clear and concise presenter.

By Aankhi B

Mar 23, 2020

thank you for the wide knowledge and illustrations. you made my life so easy.

By Courtney S

Feb 14, 2021

Super easy to comprehend as well as being really insightful and interesting.

By Beirong L

Jul 19, 2019

I leant so many treatments for schizophrenia, very amazing course journey!

By Elaine M H

Oct 9, 2020

A very good explantions, knowledge, working with role play. Excelent!!!

By Prompiriya P

Sep 21, 2020

Very insightful course with interesting presentation. Thanks professor.

By Santiago A

Feb 16, 2021

a perfect space for learning; a great professional and an amazing work

By A Y G

May 22, 2020

Sufficent and suitable explanotry knowledge cluster for schizophrenia.

By Inés A R

Feb 26, 2019

Very intersting course to get to understand schizophrenia better! :)

By Amna I

Apr 28, 2020

amazing opportunity to learn valuable information about psychosis

By Haider A S

Oct 2, 2018

Amazing, I am learning so much. A big thank you to the professor.

By CLARE Y P Y

Jul 9, 2020

Excellent! A good insight of a topic that is hard to talk about.

By Dr S K D

Apr 14, 2020

Excellent contents of the course, truly I found that I improved.