Back to Schizophrenia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Schizophrenia by Wesleyan University

The main goal of this class is to gain an introductory exposure to the nature of the psychiatric disorder known as schizophrenia as revealed by the scientific method. We will discuss a broad range of findings from the scientific investigation of biological and psychological factors related to schizophrenia and its treatment. More specifically we will learn about: (1) key symptomatic features through discussion and enactments of interviews with actors portraying many of the cardinal features of the illness, (2) what brain imaging studies (MRI and fMRI) and neurochemistry have taught us about the neuroscience of the disorder, (3) scientific psychological data and theories concerning cognition, emotion and behavior in schizophrenia, and (4) current, evidence-based somatic and psychosocial approaches to treatment. A brief historical overview of the recent emergence of the psychiatric category of schizophrenia will be presented as well....

CR
Feb 8, 2021

Information and learning was far more than I expected. The lectures were clear, crisp and the information provided was relevant. I enjoyed the course and learnt quite a lot about the subject matter.

AZ
Apr 7, 2021

hank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

251 - 275 of 295 Reviews for Schizophrenia

By Palomi K

Jan 4, 2020

The course was really helpful. It explained things in detail, more than what i could get from books. I liked the part where the course included various interviews of how schizophrenics behave. I would like it more if the course had more of these videos, and more hands-on experience.

By Maher K

Jun 2, 2020

I enjoyed the course and the learning experience .The professor Matthew Kurtz did a very good jobb explaining the material of the course .The whole setup was easy to use and comprehend . A big thank you for this effort!

By Libby S

Professor Kurtz's course is intensive, organized, and enlightening. I appreciated both his lectures and case study examples. In terms of feedback, I wish that he assigned readings for students to delve into.

By Edward K

Jun 30, 2018

Parts of this class were academic, but that's a good thing. I appreciated learning about the what happens in the brain with schizophrenia as well as identifying schizophrenic behaviors.

By Shruthi. G

Dec 23, 2019

was a great experience learning about the disorder. I have always been intrigued to understand the disorder and its causes. Was very informative and nice to understand.

By Shannyn F

Dec 6, 2017

I actually learn a lot about Schizophrenia. The course was helpful. But I would suggest a prior knowledge on parts of brain and neurotransmitters and what do they do.

By Nathaly A M P

Oct 11, 2020

I really liked it! Although I would have like a little bit more of dynamic material, maybe a little bit more of presentations or powerpoints. But it was really good!

By Aleksandra T

Oct 26, 2017

I have learned a lot of useful information that deepened my understanding of Schizophrenia which will be very useful when I go on to study Psychology at University

By GIULIA P

Jun 25, 2018

Nice overview of the disease. I found very helpful to also have actors to play the role of patients in order to better detect the symptoms of the disease.

By fede s

Feb 8, 2021

The instructor was outstanding, the information was professional and excellent, but the lack of tests and assignments difficulted learning and retention.

By Praisy P

Jul 16, 2019

Never thought I would learn so much about Schizophrenia. I thank Prof for making an excellent course which is easily accessible and understandable.

By AKHILA A

Jul 17, 2020

Very informative course covers all aspects of schizophrenia.I love the enacted session of different types of schizophrenic patients.

By Priyanka R

May 23, 2020

I loved to learn this course from course.It was an great opportunity to learn about this sever disorder from this great instructor.

By Vilma C

Jul 4, 2018

I loved the videos with actors showing the symptoms. It was really helpfull but i missed an oportunity to ask abut our doubts.

By Leung K W

Dec 14, 2020

maybe a little too much neuroscience for those who have no previous knowledge on such topic. overall very informative course.

By Justin Z

Jul 8, 2020

Overall, a very solid course. Matt explains things well and builds up knowledge throughout the course.

By Ifrad H

Jun 30, 2020

This is a nice course . I loved it. Helped me to learn about schizophrenia and other mental illness

By Maged R

Sep 19, 2020

The provision of written/ printable materials would be a great addition. Thank you ver much!

By Pal R

Apr 24, 2020

Very informative and interesting. Thank you Matthew Sir for providing an in-depth knowledge

By Piya G D

Nov 24, 2020

This is a very good course to have basic knowledge about schizophrenia.

By Adam K

Apr 22, 2020

Learnt a lot about Schizophrenia in a very comfortable and fun way.

By Dhinesh G

Sep 10, 2018

Got to know about general idea and its treatment of Schizophrenia.

By Zaryab M

Apr 2, 2019

It is a very extensive course about schizophrenia.

By Supantha R

Jul 29, 2020

It was quite good but could be more interesting

By Florencia R

Dec 16, 2020

Great as an introduction to the subject.