Back to Schizophrenia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Schizophrenia by Wesleyan University

The main goal of this class is to gain an introductory exposure to the nature of the psychiatric disorder known as schizophrenia as revealed by the scientific method. We will discuss a broad range of findings from the scientific investigation of biological and psychological factors related to schizophrenia and its treatment. More specifically we will learn about: (1) key symptomatic features through discussion and enactments of interviews with actors portraying many of the cardinal features of the illness, (2) what brain imaging studies (MRI and fMRI) and neurochemistry have taught us about the neuroscience of the disorder, (3) scientific psychological data and theories concerning cognition, emotion and behavior in schizophrenia, and (4) current, evidence-based somatic and psychosocial approaches to treatment. A brief historical overview of the recent emergence of the psychiatric category of schizophrenia will be presented as well....

CR
Feb 8, 2021

Information and learning was far more than I expected. The lectures were clear, crisp and the information provided was relevant. I enjoyed the course and learnt quite a lot about the subject matter.

EA
May 5, 2021

Given information is very clear and easy to understand.\n\nI really appreciate that it is just the most important parts and not the whole science or odd information.\n\nThank you, I learned so much.

126 - 150 of 340 Reviews for Schizophrenia

By Ivan F

May 13, 2018

Un excelente curso agradezco mucho la oportunidad de participar en el.

An excelent course I’m trully grateful to have taken it.

By ツTiffany

Oct 2, 2020

An insightful course on Schizophrenia! I'm glad to have clicked on this course. Professor Kurtz is also a very good teacher.

By Kudymova K

Dec 11, 2019

This course was my first experiece of learning things at Coursera. I loved it very much. Very interesting and addictive. ))

By Bharathi S M

May 1, 2020

The course was really useful. It was easy to understand. The time span was really short which helped me to pay attention.

By Anthony E O

Jul 28, 2020

It was so amazing! It was superbly interesting. I learnt so so so so so much, and I can't thank you enough!

Thank you!!!

By Nataliya C

Jun 10, 2020

Very interesting! I realised I haven't known anything about schizophrenia before. Thank you very much for this course!

By Sharvaree D

Jan 25, 2020

excellent explanation .simple language with day to day experiences and examples,make it easy to relate.

thanks a lot.

By Melissa E

Dec 15, 2017

Very informative and the knowledge I've gained will help me in my practice. Thank you for sharing this information.

By Annie J

Jul 17, 2020

It was very interesting and informative. Definitely worth the time. The professor was amazing. Thanks a lot. :)

By Allison K S

Jun 3, 2018

Very informative. Brought clarity to questions I had regarding schizophrenia and the most recent developments.

By Rico C

Oct 22, 2020

This course, particularly those related treatments, provided better insights and updates with current trends.

By Rethabile t

Aug 27, 2020

very interesting as it goes hand in hand with my current studies and helped me know more about schizophrenia.

By anushkabhattacharya

Jul 20, 2020

Various aspects of Schizophrenia have been elaborated on and discussed in depth. Great learning experience.

By locille r

Jun 20, 2020

The lectures are thorough, interesting and informative that keeps you motivated to finish, no matter what.

By Vivek S

Jul 22, 2020

A VERY NICE SHORT COURSE ON SCHIZOPHRENIA WITH SOME FUNDAMENTALS ON NEUROSCIENCE AND BRAIN IN PARTICULAR!

By Gretchen J

May 1, 2018

Very easy to follow overview of the illness which will be helpful in my daily interactions with patients.

By Salman N

Mar 19, 2021

-Professor is really nice at explaining things.-

-Also, I loved the practical examples with the patients

By Laura B

May 6, 2021

It is great to be able to learn more about Schizophrenia to reduce the stigma related to this disease.

By Susan K

Mar 25, 2021

So interesting, I enjoyed seeing the actors portraying clients. The instructor is very easy to follow.

By Ana M R P

Feb 24, 2021

Thnaks a lot, I learned more about this disease and I hope to help my patients with this new knowledge

By Tatiana G C

Nov 23, 2020

EXCELENTE CURSO, MUY CLARO. ME A DADO UN PANORAMA PARA SEGUIR ESTUDIANDO SOBRE ESTE TRASTORNO. GRACIAS

By Dushiyanthan Y

Mar 25, 2021

Great introductory program to Schizophrenia with several takeaways to increase awareness and support.

By Каляткина А

Apr 4, 2020

interesting course, lots of new information for me, easy to remember. Mr Kurtz is an excellent lector

By ANJU. K

Jun 29, 2020

it was a nice experience for me to gain more knowledge about schizophrenia& its symptoms& curation.

By Jakub F

Jun 27, 2020

Very Interesting and carefully conceived course offers in-depth knowledge taught by professionals.