Back to Schizophrenia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Schizophrenia by Wesleyan University

The main goal of this class is to gain an introductory exposure to the nature of the psychiatric disorder known as schizophrenia as revealed by the scientific method. We will discuss a broad range of findings from the scientific investigation of biological and psychological factors related to schizophrenia and its treatment. More specifically we will learn about: (1) key symptomatic features through discussion and enactments of interviews with actors portraying many of the cardinal features of the illness, (2) what brain imaging studies (MRI and fMRI) and neurochemistry have taught us about the neuroscience of the disorder, (3) scientific psychological data and theories concerning cognition, emotion and behavior in schizophrenia, and (4) current, evidence-based somatic and psychosocial approaches to treatment. A brief historical overview of the recent emergence of the psychiatric category of schizophrenia will be presented as well....

CR
Feb 8, 2021

Information and learning was far more than I expected. The lectures were clear, crisp and the information provided was relevant. I enjoyed the course and learnt quite a lot about the subject matter.

EA
May 5, 2021

Given information is very clear and easy to understand.\n\nI really appreciate that it is just the most important parts and not the whole science or odd information.\n\nThank you, I learned so much.

126 - 150 of 295 Reviews for Schizophrenia

By Susan K

Mar 25, 2021

So interesting, I enjoyed seeing the actors portraying clients. The instructor is very easy to follow.

By Ana M R P

Feb 24, 2021

Thnaks a lot, I learned more about this disease and I hope to help my patients with this new knowledge

By Tatiana C

Nov 23, 2020

EXCELENTE CURSO, MUY CLARO. ME A DADO UN PANORAMA PARA SEGUIR ESTUDIANDO SOBRE ESTE TRASTORNO. GRACIAS

By D Y

Mar 25, 2021

Great introductory program to Schizophrenia with several takeaways to increase awareness and support.

By Каляткина А

Apr 4, 2020

interesting course, lots of new information for me, easy to remember. Mr Kurtz is an excellent lector

By ANJU. K

Jun 29, 2020

it was a nice experience for me to gain more knowledge about schizophrenia& its symptoms& curation.

By Jakub F

Jun 27, 2020

Very Interesting and carefully conceived course offers in-depth knowledge taught by professionals.

By Silvia F

Jul 22, 2019

Nice Course. I have learned a lot about schizoprenia and understand better persons who suffer it.

By Brian

Apr 15, 2018

Thorough, detailed and the instructor was very charismatic and clearly passionate about the topic

By Angelica R

Jun 2, 2020

Excellent course, I really enjoy every week with interesting lessons, examples and explanations.

By Julie K

Apr 26, 2020

Great course! Easy to understand difficult concepts about schizophrenia. Prof Kurtz was superb!

By Rebecca M

Dec 10, 2020

Very informative course and the professor made the course enjoyable !! I learnt a great deal .

By Silvia C

Very interesting and very good information on the subject !. glad to have found this course!!!

By Brandt v S

Nov 8, 2020

Excellent course and really informative - with references - for evidence-based interventions.

By Natalia H

Apr 13, 2020

LOVED THE COURSE AND THE PROFESSOR. HE WOULD EXPLAIN THE MATTER IN A CLEAR AND ENGAGING WAY.

By Prabhleen A

Aug 11, 2020

The course is planned perfectly and every aspect has been described in a well planned way

By Swavik D

Sep 16, 2020

An excellent, comprehensive course on schizophrenia with a great instructor. Five stars.

By Milagros S B G

Aug 13, 2020

It's a good course I learned a lot.The information is very clear and easy to understand.

By Jordan S

Jan 25, 2021

very helpful in terms of understanding Schizophrenia, not too in depth but still useful

By Kristy W

Apr 11, 2021

Please post more courses from this professor. I really enjoyed this and learned a lot.

By Ruken İ

May 17, 2018

Thank you so much for giving this brilliant course. I recommend everyone to take it!

By charmi

May 7, 2020

one of the best exposure to the concepts and terminology included in schizophrenia.

By Lenka P

Dec 28, 2017

Thanks for your effort. I got many pieces of information regaring schizophrenia...

By Lisha S

Jun 1, 2020

It was very informational course. Thank you for making my interest more valuable.