Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA
Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

SD
Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

351 - 375 of 2,014 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Auditya P S

Jul 14, 2020

I love this course very much, just a bit regret why I found it after I had completed my PhD :( Yet this course provides a great informative and useful resources to improve my writing skills... DEFINITELY!! I Thank you very much Dr Kristin Sainani and team, I love you all!!

By Anisha M

Jun 8, 2020

A great course. You can learn great tricks to improve your scientific writing. Those who are struggling to write a paper; this program is the key they teach about the outline and ways to deal with before starting to write your manuscript. I personally enjoyed this course.

By Tushar P

Thanks a lot, mam. This was one of the best courses I ever had on this platform. The amount of effort that the instructor put in, is really remarkable. I hope that the knowledge acquired from this course would help me reach millions of miles in science. Thanks a lot again.

By Bárbara P

Dec 23, 2020

This was the best writing course I've taken. The lectures are very engaging and cover several important topics in writing. Not only have my writing skills improved with this course, but also the structure of my texts and my writing process. I cannot recommend this enough!

By Damilola U K

Aug 12, 2020

I used to think I was good at writing until Dr. Krisitin showed me that I still had a long way to go! The title looks scientific, but don't be fooled, It is equally beneficial to those who are not into sciences. The course is what I will call "the ABC of science writing".

By Valentina S C E

Jul 8, 2020

It was a great course, one of the most complete I have done, and I know that in the future it will help a lot, very clear, with multiple examples and activities to apply the lesson. I loved the way Dr. Kristin Sainani used to teach, congratulations on this amazing course.

By mahnoor f

Apr 23, 2021

It is an amazing opportunity for those people who are struggling in research writing, especially novice researchers. A unique thing about this course is that it is comprehensive and it tells you those tips and tricks which you haven't probably learned in your undergrad.

By Hellen C

Sep 1, 2020

I found this course to be so eye-opening! The instructor is amazing. All my years of taking advanced science and medical coursework have led to all of the writing problems identified in this course. I have recommended this course to all of my fellow science braniacs.

By Jeanette C V

Aug 28, 2018

El curso está excelente. Las explicaciones, material y entrevistas con expertos en la materia son de gran ayuda para mejorar la manera en que escribimos la ciencia, y tener un mayor impacto sobre el público a través de nuestras investigaciones. Ampliamente recomendado.

By FRANCESCA C R B

May 18, 2021

Me encantó el curso, muchas gracias :) aprendí de escritura académica y además, cosas básicas de que debieron enseñarme en la universidad, por ejemplo, la entrevista a científicos, redes sociales para actividad científica, y los procesos editoriales. Muchas gracias :)

By Melvin J N G

Nov 12, 2018

What a wonderful course. It is the first time I have complete one at Coursera, and I must say it has set a high bar. I wish in the future, a longer version of Writing only is provided—the last modules, while very helpful, seem to be a bit more than I currently needed.

By Fereshteh Z

Nov 25, 2019

I did not expect an online course to contain such high level of efficiency. It was very well planned and I used a lot of the advices in my paper. I recommend people, who just want to start writing their paper, to take this course. It is very professional and helpful.

By Courtney W

Nov 30, 2020

This course has improved my writing immeasurably, and I believe it helped me gain a promotion earlier this year. There are only two changes I would make: including examples from different fields – not just medical research – and updating the section on social media.

By Barb M

Mar 14, 2021

This course helped me evaluate my own writing and apply the writing skills taught in this course, which greatly improved my scientific papers writing. It broke down each lesson with active learning assignments that allowed me to apply the writing principles taught.

By Aldo G H

Nov 4, 2021

I​ think this is a course that lets you see how scientific articles are made and published, but also gives you tips and tricks to make a text more understandable and easy to read. I would definitely recommend this to any person interested in scientific publishing

By Utkarsha S

Apr 21, 2021

The course was comprehensive with equal weightage given to the use of language and the manner of writing. This course explores manuscript, review and grant writing, as well as writing recommendations. I would recommend this course to all those who are in science.

By Kartik S

Sep 2, 2020

This course upscaled the conventional ways of gaining a quality education under the strong mentorship of a brilliant instructor. I recommend this course to those who find professional writing, challenging but are determined to re-work on their foundation. Cheers!

By Ziva A

Jun 26, 2020

Great course for writing in the sciences. This course does a great job of covering scientific writing for journal publications and beyond. Great presentations and great content! The forums are also very helpful for more helpful links and great ideas from peers.

By Midnite K T

May 24, 2021

A wonderful breakdown of how to get started writing and/or write better. I'm heading back to grad school this fall after completing my undergrad over 10 years ago. This course really helped me feel more prepared to get back into reading and writing academically!

By Sridhar B

Jul 30, 2020

This was my first online course ever and perhaps it will be one I enjoyed most. Dr. Kristin Sainani is a great teacher. Her lectures have created deep impact in my thought process. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn how to write science.

By Bo P

May 29, 2019

This course was fantastic. As a new entrant to the sciences and after struggling for a while with the switch from creative to scientific writing, this course was perfect. I would highly recommend this for everyone from undergrad to PhD and everything in between.

By Ana R A

Aug 23, 2021

Enjoyed every part of it! This course is extremely helpul for young investigators or recent graduate that are about to start the daunting task of writing a scientific article. For non-native speakers, it does requiere a good level of English but it is worth it.

By Katon K

Dec 12, 2018

This course can make any writer improve their writing. I enjoyed the edit demonstrations with the downloadable text samples. The exercises prepare you for the quiz and the peer-review assignments provide quality feedback. Overall tremendous learning experience.

By IGOR P

Mar 24, 2021

Excellent course, for beginners who need introduction to science, recent PhD's who need to develop some real life science skills, and even for seniors who need to revise some methods and improve skills in writing whether for science community or lay audience.

By Antonia P

Mar 2, 2021

This course was extremely helpful. Since I have prior experience writing manuscripts and grant proposals, my reason for taking this course was to improve my editing skills and streamline my writing process. Dr. Sainani most certainly helped me achieve that!