Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

AL

Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

KK

Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

426 - 450 of 2,139 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Noelie C

Feb 20, 2018

This class has a very adaptable pace. It is also very complete, with relevant instances from Nature papers, but also from The NY Times for lay summaries. It has been particularly useful to me as a non-native english speaker.

I definitely recommend it.

By Rebeca M

Apr 12, 2021

A highly recommended course for all those who are starting to write scientific texts but also for those who have already published papers. The course is very useful because it teaches how to correct the writing errors that scientists frequently made.

By João T V

Jul 2, 2021

The course is excellent. I learned a lot of techniques to write more efficiently and more clearly.

The teacher, Dr. Kristin Sainani, is an amazing communicator and prepared a great course.

I especially enjoyed the demo edits, at the end of each week.

By Christian K

Mar 21, 2021

I learned a lot about writing. Most interestingly, I realized, that actually scientific writing is all about regular good writing. But Dr. Sainani boiled it down to very basic and helpful principles! I am very well prepared to start writing my PhD.

By Yazan A

Mar 2, 2021

I really enjoyed taking this course and consider the information I learned to be valuable for my writing skills. The videos by Dr. Kristin Sainani were enjoyable, easy to understand, and very informative. I hope to find other courses taught by her!

By Makiko T

Dec 15, 2020

This is an excellent, practical course for anyone who writes. I would recommend it to all my colleagues. I also appreciated the amount of course work, it was enough to get practice but not overwhelming that it impedes with your daily work schedule.

By Serhii B

Mar 9, 2020

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn" - the approach Dr.

Kristin Sainani

chose in her "Writing in Sciences" course.

I cannot fully express how valuable is the knowledge I gained for my scientific career.

Thank you!

By Richard D V

Apr 17, 2018

This is one of the best course I have taken through Coursera. Learned a lot of things in scientific writing and editing my journals and manuscripts in class. Thanks Coursera and Stanford University for this great learning. More power and God bless.

By Federica M

Jan 30, 2018

Kristine is a great teacher and an awesome editor! I love her style in taking you through the main foundation of scientific writing. I also appreciated her commitment in supporting and maintaining a high level of ethics in the scientific community

By Nguyen T P T

Mar 28, 2022

Thank you so much for the course! Though I'm not a scientist, I've learnt a lot about punctuation, prewriting, writing, and editing. I'm reading the book The elements of style (recommended in the course); it is such an eye opener. Thank you again!

By Janice S

Mar 1, 2022

T​his is an excellent course about all kinds of scientific writing you may encounter in your scientific career. I loved the many exercises deepening your understanding of the methods taught and the tips given for writing and reviewing manuscripts.

By Juli S

May 17, 2021

This is a great course! The first few weeks have a lot of grammar, but the second half of the course is full of wonderful information that helped me start my business as a freelance science writer. Thank you Dr. Sainani & Coursera! You are great!

By Putri A

Sep 25, 2020

I really enjoy this course and gain so much insight to improve my writings! Though my experience in this field is still lacking, but I'm looking forward to fathom science writings in the near future. Thank you so much for the lecture, Dr. Kristin!

By Amitava D

Aug 23, 2020

Course is well designed. So many requirements of writing skill has been explained and demonstrated. Actual recorded interview of the guide level professors has been shown.

I am benefited through this course.

Thanks to Coursera & Stanford University.

By Atif S

Dec 16, 2021

One of the great course to understand the technical writing, how to write different technical papers and research thesis. Instructor guide different technical material very efficiently and in a good way. Thank you so much for such a great course.

By Mary L M P

Dec 6, 2021

Excellent course. Dr Sainani is a fantastic mentor, organized and clear, and she tackles all the relevant points in the academic writing process. I enjoyed it a lot, and I think this course might help many of us be more effective science writers.

By Nair T O A

Mar 15, 2019

Excellent! I love it! I have written several papers but I was never confident or satisfied with my writing. I am sure I will do better next time thanks to this course. The best thing about it is the teacher! She keeps you entertained and engaged!

By Karla M R

Jun 2, 2020

I'm a college student and despite having taken several academic writing courses before, none of them compare to this one since it is specifically tailored for the Sciences. It really is a must-take if you plan to become a professional scientist.

By Solveig C V

Dr. Sainani's course "Writing in the Sciences" is a pleasure. The materials are organised and clear, Dr. Sainani speaks clearly and slowly, and the assignments are interesting. I learned so much about writing; the process, structure and wording.

By Jingbo H

Apr 20, 2018

very good course for English writing beginners! easy to understand, lots of tips and examples.

the teaching style is perfect.

the voice of the teacher is beautiful.

I strongly advise you to choose this course to improve you English writing skills.

By İlke G

Oct 11, 2021

Dr. Kristin Sainani changed my view on scientific writing. Now, my writing is more interesting and I know where to pay attention. I highly recommend anyone in science to take this course. I wish I discovered it years ago. Thank you Dr. Sainani.

By Marta F R

Feb 14, 2021

A course considered "basic" yet very comprehensive about how to start, or how to improve, your skills on scientific writing. The teacher is really good at communication, and knows how to get your attention and interest. I strongly recommend it!

By 吕莹莹

Dec 20, 2018

I learned so much from this course! As a beginner for scientific writing, I am so luck that I chose this course to begin. It gave me a good start with right principles! The contents are wide also detailed and contains many exercises. Wonderful!

By Luisa A V d F

Jul 22, 2020

I loved this course. The first half was specially useful for me as a master's student. In the future, i believe the course could be split in two parts, so students can focus more and exercise each part (scicom + scientific writing for papers).

By Mingeum J

Jul 22, 2020

A helpful course to get an idea about different types of writing (academic writing, social media writing, interview and so on) and to learn useful tips of concise writing. Especially recommend for people who speak English as a second language.