Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

AL
Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

IA
Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

451 - 475 of 1,960 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Atiya M U

Aug 24, 2019

The teacher is awesome, her way of talking is very engaging. The practical editing exercises help to make your writing clear and concise. All in all, a comprehensive introduction to scientific/medical writing. Highly recommended!!!

By Nicole F

Sep 1, 2021

Excellent and engaging course. Recommending this to anyone in graduate school, or any level for that matter, before writing a paper. Straightforward teaching and applicable examples make this course so effective. Highly recommend!

By Eva G

Jul 6, 2021

The course covers a variety of aspects including basic grammar, elements of research, how to conduct interviews, and on social media. It is a great stepping stone to equip you with the knowledge and skill to write in the sciences!

By Maria R

One of the best courses I have taken. Well structured, clear, concise, but rich. Professor Sainani has a great experience and a very nice , strong voice. I really recommend it to everybody involved in writing or science. Thank you

By Grace M

Jul 29, 2020

The information presented in this course is useful for those in all scientific disciplines, and the instructor presents it in an engaging way. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to advance their communication skills!

By Zainab S

Jul 19, 2020

I'm a first Year IBDP student, which means that I'll be writing a lot! But this course has really helped me break down so much of my work into simpler, smaller parts that don't seem as daunting as a 4000 word research paper does.

By Natasha M

Feb 23, 2021

Great, easy to follow course which focuses on how to improve your writing style. I really like that the course includes writing both for the lay public and for the scientific community (like writing abstracts and introductions).

By Anam A

Jan 29, 2021

This is an excellent course; it is well structured and Dr. Sainani uses the best examples to explain a point. I can genuinely see a change in my writing. I highly recommend this course to everyone involved in scientific writing.

By Diane R

Dec 26, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The information was immediately useful, and I found my daily writing job went much much faster, and I am pleased with my improved writing skills. I didn't know how much I didn't know! Thank you!

By Santiago G

Oct 2, 2018

Very well structured course that goes through the most important aspects of writing in science. The course is suitable for you whether you work in academic science or in some sort of scientific writing context. Highly recommend!

By Nyima B

Aug 26, 2020

From the basic grammar skills to writing a sentence , this course has made me enjoy every bit of what I do in writing or reading or editing a scientific paper. The energy in Kristen's voice makes the course interesting to hear.

By Chao M

Jul 10, 2019

Wow, this is really an awesome course designed for all types of writing, focusing on academic papers, but also spread to social media. The teacher is great in explaining the materials. I would highly recommend this to everyone!

By Bhagyashree V

Sep 10, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this course. Prof. Sainani used a variety of interactive assignments and talks with experts in the field (editors, recently published, interviewed scientists) were the best parts of this course.

By Elena G

Sep 14, 2020

I really loved this course. Dr. Sainani is a great teacher. Before starting this course I totally hated writing for scientific purposes, but now many aspects are clearer and I now how to approach this field in the right way.

By Mohammed G E

Jul 27, 2020

Absolutely recommended for anyone who writes in science. Direct, simple, and clear advise that are very practical and useful. I really appreciate Dr. Sainani's big effort to make this course interactive with lots of examples.

By Bibek R S

Jul 20, 2020

For non-native English speakers like me, this course really gave an effective overview of how to write succinctly in Science and added confidence writing in the future. Thank you Kristin for designing such a beautiful course.

By Sandrine M

Jan 11, 2020

Excellent course. Dr. Sainani is a knowledgeable, inspiring, and effective teacher. Anyone serious about writing in the sciences should take this course. My one regret is the course does not offer a certificate of completion.

By Anjali V R

Jun 1, 2021

A very useful course for budding researchers and writers. This course improved my research manuscript first drafts and provided useful writing tips. Excellent instructor; demonstrates effective writing clearly with examples.

By Silvia C R R

This course has been AWESOME!!! I enjoyed it from the beginning. I thank the instructor and all those who made this course available online for opening my horizons on scientific writing. This is exactly the help I needed!!!!

By Reina S

Jun 8, 2020

This course definitely sharpens your writing skill. It gives you enough confidence to write a paper. Professor Dr.Kristin Sainani is an excellent teacher, She has made this wide n extensive subject very easy to comprehend.

By Lilla N

Apr 9, 2020

This course is very useful for those students who are new on the field of writing in the Science. It is the same for me, so I am glad for doing it. It gave me a lot of good advices. I recommend it to every young researches.

By RITIKA C

Apr 21, 2019

Wonderful Experience! Writing in Sciences is very Interesting course-well explained by Dr. Kristin Sainani. I learnt smart ways to put ideas into paper. I would suggest everyone to try this course to improve writing skills.

By Abhishek P S

Jan 22, 2018

It is a great course. I learned a lot form it. I would definitely recommend to all the science students, new scientists. I would like to thank Dr.Kristin Sainani very much. She made the complex stuff really simple and easy.

By Sudipta C

Aug 23, 2021

I​ found the course very helpful. The course is designed very medhodically. I have learned a lot from this course. I really liked the practice edits and the guest speakers sessions. I would recommend this course to others.

By Ayush A

May 16, 2020

Very helpful course for graduate students. I was struggling with writing, as most of the graduate students do at some stage of their career. This course helped me a lot to improve my skills as a writer. Highly recommended.