Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA

Aug 26, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

SD

Feb 26, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

26 - 50 of 1,284 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Carol R

Jul 11, 2019

Excellent, comprehensive course even though it is ranked as beginner level. I definitely honed skills from it. The professor's lectures are excellent.

By Kristin W

Jun 19, 2018

While there were some helpful general tips, this course should really be called "Medical Journal Writing". With a course title like "Writing in the Sciences", you would expect it to apply to all (or a least a broad range of) branches of science. However, 99% of the examples were about medical science journal papers. This is not at all helpful to those of us who aren't doctors or medical researchers. It is very difficult to slog through when you can't understand the underlying examples. Either change the name of the course to Writing in the MEDICAL Sciences or broaden the scope of the examples. Because as is, this course was all but useless.

By M R P

The certificate has a bad quality. "Standford" sign just like a copy-paste name from the web. Not good

By Roxana K

Sep 15, 2020

The best online course I have ever taken. This course eased my way in writing. I can not believe how much I learned (and tried to unlearn!) during this 8 weeks. I am a postdoc with 22 peer reviewed publications, still some materials in this course were brand new for me. My first language is not English and I learned science writing here and there mimicking old style writers and picked up all those unnecessary sometimes incorrect ROLES of science writing. I have a much better feeling and confidence in my writing now.

Well done and thanks for making it available for free. My writing, or better to say my thinking process during writing, is now more organized and purposeful. Keep offering it so a greater number of students and professionals could benefit from it. I loved it too much!!!!

By Talita P

Jun 11, 2020

I took this course aiming to improve my writing skills focusing on papers and manuscripts. Turns out it showed me how to be a better science communicator for a general audience and that was fantastic! The strategies presented in the course are interesting and powerful, independently if you are a student or an expert. Professor Kristin Sainani has an excellent didatics, that engage you the course.

By Christina F

Jun 11, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course. The material was clear and organized in a logical manner. The segments were the perfect length. I have applied the lessons already in my professional and personal life. I would be happy to take another course from her or Coursera.

By Angela M D

Jun 13, 2020

This course is excellent! It is highly recommended for all those who want to write articles, present grants, clarify doubts about the researcher's career and learn all this from experts.

Congratulations to Stanford University. I really enjoyed the course!

By Prabhat J

Jun 12, 2020

It was insightful and interesting--the lectures were clear and well thought out. I also liked how the exercises were organised. I would highly recommend this course for anyone willing to improve their writing skills, whether or not in the field of science.

By Adriana P

Jun 12, 2020

The Writing in Science course was my "first time" with Coursera.

Great course, great professor. I loved suggestions and tricks to gets a more catchy text.

Although it's made by a medical expert, it's useful for all scientific subjects.

By ayrolles

Jun 10, 2020

Excellent course, which teaches not only a how to write but a how to reason in science and how to clarify ideas. Absolutely essential for anyone who wants to write scientific articles with or without any previous experience. Thank you

By Arafat M H

Jun 11, 2020

Great course. Very useful for those just setting out to write in medical journals. A lot of useful tips on basics of what must constitute a well written paper, many of those that one fails to pick up on just reading articles.

By Dr. T S

Jun 11, 2020

Insightful. Kudos to the instructor for compiling such a well-crafted course. Being in the science writing field for over two years, the course came as a refresher and helped me considerably improve my writing.

By Jibraillajane J a J

Jun 12, 2020

A good course for those wanting to know how to write scientific papers in a style that is understandable for readers. Also included tips about science communication and writing research proposals.

By Liza P P

Jun 10, 2020

It is a fantastic course! I learned a lot. I have written some publication during my PhD study, but this course "changed my life". Thank you for existing!

By Brendan P

Jun 12, 2020

Very thorough. Great tips for the scientific writing and revision process. Really learned a great skill in cutting clutter. Thank you:)

By CAROLINA R B

May 28, 2019

Very useful course. More than improved my writing skills, I have improved finding errors in other people's writings.

By brian b

Jun 13, 2020

The course greatly improved my writing skills. I would definitely advertise this course to my colleagues.

By Malay B

Jun 10, 2020

It was a great learning experience. Highly recommended for non-native English speakers

By SAMPADA P

Jul 07, 2019

EXCELLENT COURSE..I have learned so much..in these past 8 weeks. THANK YOU SO MUCH

By Christine G H

Jul 08, 2019

Very informative - a must for anyone embarking on an academic writing journey!

By Swati

Excellent course. Enjoyed it. Thanks to Coursera & Prof Kristine

By Gabriela M

Jun 11, 2020

I love the course. Yes it is long but it is also covering a lot.

By Zunaira A

Jun 10, 2020

It was an incredible course and improved my knowledge very well.

By Indira C P

Jul 09, 2019

excellent course for a beginner in scientific writing...

By Asmaa E

Jul 04, 2019

this course help me easing my fears about writing.