Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA

Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

AL

Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

2101 - 2125 of 2,190 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Uma M K

Jun 23, 2020

Thank you very much for this wonderful course

Well explained and structured .Assignments were really helpful

flexible enough to cater to the working folks.

Great

By Dr. N D D M M I

Nov 19, 2021

I​t is well design course with plenty of practice to improve manuscript writing. New and senior authors, both should take this course to improve writing.

By APARNA Y R

Jul 28, 2020

A very good course. I have learnt a lot from it and would recommend to anyone who want's to start learning from scratch.

Thank you for a good course.

By sophie T

Jul 26, 2019

Very well laid out. Examples provided for all explanations, even the interviews. Very useful for someone who needs to adapt to a new way of writing.

By Abubakr E

Jun 17, 2020

The presenter is well knowledgeable and almost his presentations are clear.

It is benefits for those who wants to learn writing in academic field.

By Dr. S A S

Apr 6, 2020

It is a beneficial course well prepared by the supervisor Dr Sainani

I recommend this course to whom willing to be an excellent scientific writer

By Jacob B

Mar 18, 2019

This course was extremely informative, but a tad boring. It also needs a little updating, especially because social media has become so pervasive

By Colin S

Jun 9, 2022

This course was highly informative and well constructed. I will definitely recommend it to others who are pursuing a career in science writing.

By Victor C P

Sep 8, 2020

Excellent courso. I learned a lot. If i can do a suggestion, i would suggest a little bit more of grammar and less about talking to the media.

By Manar H

Jun 12, 2019

I got a great experience from this course, but it may be better if we have a direct discussion with the instructor though e-mail or messages

By ANGELIQUE M S

Jan 28, 2022

It is a very insightful and useful course, esp the practice edits. Thank you for sharing your expertise, Dr. Sainani. You are my idol!

By Daniela M R

Jun 14, 2020

Excelente curso, el material fue muy bueno y las pláticas extraordinarias. Solo me gustaría que fuera un poco menos de tiempo por semana

By Luca L

May 8, 2020

Very good introductory course. Not much interactive but quite engaging also in this format. I'll recommend it to colleagues and friends.

By Daniela S

May 21, 2018

Very interesting and helpful course not only for those who are starting to write scientific documents, but to improve writing skills.

By Sara A

Nov 13, 2020

This course is great and easy to understand but, the last 2 weeks are not important for someone caring now about scientific writing.

By Anushree D

Jul 22, 2020

This course was lovely and beautiful; however, I feel some of the modules were too detailed and some topics could have been omitted.

By Scott K

May 7, 2020

Great course to learn the foundation of medical writing. Videos got a little tedious toward the end, but otherwise very educational.

By Suheyla Y

Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course but assignments and examples in this course should be versatile - contents should not be only medicine or related.

By Dr A K

Feb 8, 2018

Thanks Dr. Kristin Sainani for this amazing course and providing an in-depth account of effective and engaging scientific writing!

By Uzman K

Jan 2, 2021

The course is amazing for beginners in scientific writing. Highly grateful to the course instructor Dr. Kristin Sainani.

By Wanesa R L

Apr 22, 2021

This was an extremely enlightening course. I learned a lot and I know I will utilize all that I learn in the future.

By Bassem

Aug 8, 2020

It is strong course. Really, it gave me new information and knowledge about different topics of scientific writing.

By Alinait d J P L

Sep 7, 2020

Fue un curso muy interesante e ilustrativo que me permitió desarrollar nuevas habilidades gramaticales y verbales.

By Ana K

May 22, 2020

I found the course extremely helpful and look forward to applying the skill I have learnt when writing my thesis.

By Juan R

Apr 11, 2018

The course is great especially the first half. Great tips and practice to improve your scientific writing skills.