Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA

Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

SD

Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.

I thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

2176 - 2200 of 2,245 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Alinait d J P L

Sep 7, 2020

Fue un curso muy interesante e ilustrativo que me permitió desarrollar nuevas habilidades gramaticales y verbales.

By Ana K

May 22, 2020

I found the course extremely helpful and look forward to applying the skill I have learnt when writing my thesis.

By Juan R

Apr 11, 2018

The course is great especially the first half. Great tips and practice to improve your scientific writing skills.

By Anna C

Nov 27, 2017

Very good introductory course on the different type of writing that scientists can face. I enjoyed it very much!

By Camila P S B

May 19, 2019

First lessons were very helpful and well taught. Last ones are a bit basic for those with academic background.

By Meriam A

May 30, 2022

very informative and helpful. There is a definite improvement in my writing skills observed by my colleagues.

By Sjoukje d L

Jun 2, 2020

Especially the first three weeks about how to write strong and concise sentences/paragraphs, was very useful!

By Ziad A

Aug 17, 2021

My writing has improved a lot after taking this course. I recommend it to everyone, not just to scientists.

By Kelly D

Jul 27, 2020

Some of the power points were redundant, but I enjoyed the narrative and how concise things were. thank you

By Mohamed S

Nov 28, 2017

It was very nice and easy. I think you may review some videos as the sound doesn't go wit the pic.

By Dian S

Nov 3, 2021

This is a great course. Covers from the basics to the more nitty gritty of academic writing in science.

By M K

Nov 29, 2018

Wonderful course. I enjoy the personality/humor of the professor. Reasonably difficult and fascinating.

By Julia P

Feb 18, 2018

The first few weeks are useful for not just scientific writers but also anyone who wants to write more

By Yevheniya D

Jun 9, 2021

I felt like the last chapters were not so relevant for the course, but overall It was very good!

By Tara S

Dec 3, 2019

Great in-depth review and explanation of writing in the sciences. This will be beneficial for my

By Ayush S

Apr 15, 2018

Could have been better if the instructor would have shared examples from other disciplines.

By Gitanjali V

Oct 12, 2018

Very sensible and practical. Esp the one on writing for lay audiences. Love the Nut Graf!

By himanshu r

Jul 19, 2021

very nice course for people who just started writing manuscripts and grant applications

By Sameh M A

Feb 7, 2021

good, but need to be more comprehensive and more professional editing skills than that.

By Nadia O

Jun 19, 2020

Really interesting course for every PhD student to write his first scientific article.

By Nancy A

Aug 12, 2019

There was a lot of helpful information that pertains to more than scientific writing.

By Avery B

Jul 25, 2020

I learned some helpful tips for writing and was able to practice my writing skills.

By Daphne d S

Jun 23, 2022

V​ery informative and educational. Easy to follow lectures and flexible platform.

By Saurabh A

May 13, 2018

Wonderful! Helped a lot in understanding the way of writing a scientific article.

By Abdel H K