Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

SD

Feb 26, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

SO

Jun 23, 2019

Great course. Learned so much that will help me be a better writer and editor, not only in the sciences, but in other areas. A fantastic professor, clear thinking, speaking, writing. an inspiration.

201 - 225 of 1,021 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Andrew C

Aug 16, 2019

Excellent course! The professor does a great job explaining concepts and providing examples to demonstrate skills and techniques. I learned a lot in this course about writing and I have a new way of thinking about writing and reading in general, not just medical literature.

By Anisha

Jun 08, 2020

A great course. You can learn great tricks to improve your scientific writing. Those who are struggling to write a paper; this program is the key they teach about the outline and ways to deal with before starting to write your manuscript. I personally enjoyed this course.

By Tushar P

Thanks a lot, mam. This was one of the best courses I ever had on this platform. The amount of effort that the instructor put in, is really remarkable. I hope that the knowledge acquired from this course would help me reach millions of miles in science. Thanks a lot again.

By Jeanette C V

Aug 28, 2018

El curso está excelente. Las explicaciones, material y entrevistas con expertos en la materia son de gran ayuda para mejorar la manera en que escribimos la ciencia, y tener un mayor impacto sobre el público a través de nuestras investigaciones. Ampliamente recomendado.

By Melvin J N G

Nov 12, 2018

What a wonderful course. It is the first time I have complete one at Coursera, and I must say it has set a high bar. I wish in the future, a longer version of Writing only is provided—the last modules, while very helpful, seem to be a bit more than I currently needed.

By Fereshteh Z

Nov 25, 2019

I did not expect an online course to contain such high level of efficiency. It was very well planned and I used a lot of the advices in my paper. I recommend people, who just want to start writing their paper, to take this course. It is very professional and helpful.

By Ziva A

Jun 26, 2020

Great course for writing in the sciences. This course does a great job of covering scientific writing for journal publications and beyond. Great presentations and great content! The forums are also very helpful for more helpful links and great ideas from peers.

By Bo P

May 30, 2019

This course was fantastic. As a new entrant to the sciences and after struggling for a while with the switch from creative to scientific writing, this course was perfect. I would highly recommend this for everyone from undergrad to PhD and everything in between.

By Katon K

Dec 13, 2018

This course can make any writer improve their writing. I enjoyed the edit demonstrations with the downloadable text samples. The exercises prepare you for the quiz and the peer-review assignments provide quality feedback. Overall tremendous learning experience.

By Sukrut K

Jun 01, 2020

This is one of the best courses available. It goes through the basics of scientific writing, writing grants, lay audience science stories, to preparing for interviews. Balanced weekly materials make the 8 weeks journey very pleasant. I strongly recommend it.

By Ava

Oct 27, 2018

This course provides applicable and easy-to-follow guidance on writing and communication in general.

Dr. Kristin Sainani is a humorous and methodical instructor who can explain things inside out, taking the big pictures and the nitty-gritty both into account.

By TANMAY N

As a young researcher (PhD student) the course was very helpful. Kristin was very good at conveying the key points across. I would say every PhD student should take this course if he or she has not got a chance to have something similar at their university.

By Bingquan Z

Mar 09, 2020

Prof. Sainani is extremely helpful and the course is well prepared. It is the best writing course I had taken - not only the best in English writing, but also the best including my own language. I really appreciate Prof. Sainani's devotion to this course.

By Liubov S

May 14, 2018

It's incredible! I didn't take any classes in scientific writing at my vet school and it was so hard for me to understand what I need to write in my manuscripts. I've learned so much with this course. Thank you! I will recommend it to all young scientists.

By Elena R

Feb 14, 2018

I literally feel the urge to shout from the rooftops about this course! It's comprehensive, inspiring and immediately useful. I only regret not coming across it before struggling with my very first papers! It really makes you look forward to start writing.

By Ana C C d S

Apr 22, 2020

Great course! Although English isn't my first language, I was able to understand the lectures and apply the techniques I learned here to my essays in Portuguese. The peer-reviewed assignments are great because they provide good insight into your progress.

By Owais A

Jun 04, 2020

The teaching method was excellent. Dr Kristin Sainani clearly explains all the intricacies with so much clarity and brevity that everything she taught is learnt by heart. Thank You so much Dr Kristin and Coursera for giving me this learning opportunity.

By Ally

May 12, 2020

It'a wonderful experience! The course is greatly structured, and Dr. Sainani is a wonderful professor, always explaining what she is doing and providing extra material, information, exercises, and all the kind of material and references you should need!

By Walid K Y A

Apr 08, 2020

This course introduces a great piece of knowledge. It helps you read scientific papers, write manuscripts and manage a successful contact with media and social media. It also gives you a good tips for publishing and for many aspects related to science.

By michal d

Apr 11, 2020

Great introduction to writing in the sciences. I think this course covers everything you need to get started with reading and reviewing scientific material. section 5 was especially helpful. Lectures were well organized, thought provoking, and engaging

By Juan D L R

Jun 28, 2018

Writing in the Sciences is the best writing course I've ever taken. The advice is sound and Kristin is a great, inspiring teacher. I recommend this course to anyone in graduate school who wants to learn A LOT on writing for lay or technical audiences.

By Noelie C

Feb 20, 2018

This class has a very adaptable pace. It is also very complete, with relevant instances from Nature papers, but also from The NY Times for lay summaries. It has been particularly useful to me as a non-native english speaker.

I definitely recommend it.

By Serhii B

Mar 09, 2020

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn" - the approach Dr.

Kristin Sainani

chose in her "Writing in Sciences" course.

I cannot fully express how valuable is the knowledge I gained for my scientific career.

Thank you!

By Richard D V

Apr 17, 2018

This is one of the best course I have taken through Coursera. Learned a lot of things in scientific writing and editing my journals and manuscripts in class. Thanks Coursera and Stanford University for this great learning. More power and God bless.