Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA
Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

KK
Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

451 - 475 of 1,907 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Anam A

Jan 29, 2021

This is an excellent course; it is well structured and Dr. Sainani uses the best examples to explain a point. I can genuinely see a change in my writing. I highly recommend this course to everyone involved in scientific writing.

By Diane R

Dec 26, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The information was immediately useful, and I found my daily writing job went much much faster, and I am pleased with my improved writing skills. I didn't know how much I didn't know! Thank you!

By Santiago G

Oct 2, 2018

Very well structured course that goes through the most important aspects of writing in science. The course is suitable for you whether you work in academic science or in some sort of scientific writing context. Highly recommend!

By Nyima B

Aug 26, 2020

From the basic grammar skills to writing a sentence , this course has made me enjoy every bit of what I do in writing or reading or editing a scientific paper. The energy in Kristen's voice makes the course interesting to hear.

By Chao M

Jul 10, 2019

Wow, this is really an awesome course designed for all types of writing, focusing on academic papers, but also spread to social media. The teacher is great in explaining the materials. I would highly recommend this to everyone!

By Bhagyashree V

Sep 10, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this course. Prof. Sainani used a variety of interactive assignments and talks with experts in the field (editors, recently published, interviewed scientists) were the best parts of this course.

By Elena G

Sep 14, 2020

I really loved this course. Dr. Sainani is a great teacher. Before starting this course I totally hated writing for scientific purposes, but now many aspects are clearer and I now how to approach this field in the right way.

By Mohammed G E

Jul 27, 2020

Absolutely recommended for anyone who writes in science. Direct, simple, and clear advise that are very practical and useful. I really appreciate Dr. Sainani's big effort to make this course interactive with lots of examples.

By Bibek R S

Jul 20, 2020

For non-native English speakers like me, this course really gave an effective overview of how to write succinctly in Science and added confidence writing in the future. Thank you Kristin for designing such a beautiful course.

By Sandrine M

Jan 11, 2020

Excellent course. Dr. Sainani is a knowledgeable, inspiring, and effective teacher. Anyone serious about writing in the sciences should take this course. My one regret is the course does not offer a certificate of completion.

By Anjali V R

Jun 1, 2021

A very useful course for budding researchers and writers. This course improved my research manuscript first drafts and provided useful writing tips. Excellent instructor; demonstrates effective writing clearly with examples.

By Silvia C R R

This course has been AWESOME!!! I enjoyed it from the beginning. I thank the instructor and all those who made this course available online for opening my horizons on scientific writing. This is exactly the help I needed!!!!

By Reina S

Jun 8, 2020

This course definitely sharpens your writing skill. It gives you enough confidence to write a paper. Professor Dr.Kristin Sainani is an excellent teacher, She has made this wide n extensive subject very easy to comprehend.

By Lilla N

Apr 9, 2020

This course is very useful for those students who are new on the field of writing in the Science. It is the same for me, so I am glad for doing it. It gave me a lot of good advices. I recommend it to every young researches.

By RITIKA C

Apr 21, 2019

Wonderful Experience! Writing in Sciences is very Interesting course-well explained by Dr. Kristin Sainani. I learnt smart ways to put ideas into paper. I would suggest everyone to try this course to improve writing skills.

By Abhishek P S

Jan 22, 2018

It is a great course. I learned a lot form it. I would definitely recommend to all the science students, new scientists. I would like to thank Dr.Kristin Sainani very much. She made the complex stuff really simple and easy.

By Sudipta C

Aug 23, 2021

I​ found the course very helpful. The course is designed very medhodically. I have learned a lot from this course. I really liked the practice edits and the guest speakers sessions. I would recommend this course to others.

By Ayush A

May 16, 2020

Very helpful course for graduate students. I was struggling with writing, as most of the graduate students do at some stage of their career. This course helped me a lot to improve my skills as a writer. Highly recommended.

By Allison M

Aug 16, 2020

Despite having decent experience with scientific writing, this course made me more aware of what compelling writing looks like. From improving sentences to organizing a manuscript, this course was an excellent refresher.

By Sheng W

Oct 19, 2021

The contents, presentations and structures of this course are beyond brilliant. Amateur and experts alike can gain constructive understanding about writing in sciences through this cohesive course by Dr. Kristin Sainani.

By wangleiqing@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2021

T​he is a writing class yet it is not only about writing. The suggestion on how to prepare and arrange the content, the correct attitude towards writing ethic and editing impressed me. I am glad that I have completed it.

By Lingzi

Oct 20, 2020

I really really enjoyed this course. I only wish I came across this course earlier in my graduate study years. I will definitely recommend it to any graduate students who are looking for help in writing technical papers.

By Truc T N

Dec 15, 2018

If you are looking for guidance on form-focused writing, take this course. If you want to bring real value to the table by focusing on functionality, check out LEADERSHIP LAB: The Craft of Writing Effectively on YouTube.

By georgias d

Mar 23, 2021

It was a very informative and to the point course. Dr. Kristin Sainani is an an excellent coach and narrator and kept me engaged throughout the course. I rarely say something like this, but I really enjoyed this course!

By ruby m

Sep 13, 2020

Really enjoyed the course and learned a lot too! Great writing tips and concepts, very clearly explained plus many exercises and quizzes so we can practive what we learned right away. Thanks for this excellent course.