Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

KK
Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

AL
Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

476 - 500 of 1,906 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Sabahat A

Jul 5, 2020

Very good Course, I thoroughly enjoyed learning and this has definitely helped me in my writing and understanding of Scientific articles. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani for such detailed videos and interesting lectures.

By Marilena

This is a fantastic course to improve your written expression. Dr Sainani is a genius at imparting valuable information about how to write concisely. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course and would highly recommend it.

By vaishnavi v

Dec 6, 2020

It has been a wonderful learning experience. I have learnt a lot about scientific communication and English writing in general in this course. I am going to apply all of these in my future writings. Thank you so much.

By Mita M B

Oct 11, 2020

I really loved the way Dr.Kristin Sainani ma'am explains everything. Her voice, tone, interpretation everything is nice! Never felt bored in the lessons. She is the best! Course content is also very useful. Thank you.

By deepanshu k

Aug 20, 2020

The course contains everything that is important for writing and understanding a research paper. The interview sessions of different professors was a cherry on the cake. It is a great course and I highly recommend it.

By Sahil S

Jun 30, 2021

Exceptional Course on scientific writing at the global level, no comparisons. Best Course !! Thank You so much Dr. Kristin Sainani, I learnt a lot. Now, this knowledge will stay with me throughout my research career.

By Pamela G

Aug 19, 2020

I enjoyed doing this course. My writing skills have improved and I am able to use these skills in my work. The course was easy to follow, well presented and pitched at an appropriate level for people in the sciences.

By Gilbert G

Apr 13, 2018

I frequently edit manuscripts and grants for my lab. Taking this course elevated my ability to identify poor writing and replace it with quality prose. I would recommend this course - even to native English speakers.

By Sally H

Nov 17, 2020

Very useful course if you want to improve your academic writing. The "live" editing of examples really helped me. The examples are mainly biology/medicine focusses, but as a psychology student I still learned a lot.

By Juliano W S

First of all I want to thank you Dr. Kristiani Sainani Madam and Coursera. I thank you for the wonderful classes. It's a great course with a fantastic Professor - that has a clear thinking when speaking and writing.

By Mario M

Jul 8, 2020

Great course! I learned how to write an article spending less time. I also improved my writing skills understanding what a reader loves. I recommend it to eveyone aims to become a researcher/writer in the sciences!

By Rokia A S

Dec 22, 2017

Thank you very much for this valuable course. Dr. Kristin has made my life easier. This course version is updated, useful, and to the point. I am looking forward to more future advanced courses with Dr. Kristin :))

By Dr. M H

Aug 13, 2020

Professor

You are great !

I am enjoying listening to this potential academic course

If you can combine other human fields examples, (e.g., Business, Human and political), that's will be great. Thanks again

Mahmoud

By Daniela R R

Aug 5, 2020

This was a really great course. I enjoyed it very much and appreciated how thorough and complete this course was. I wish I had come across it sooner. Thanks for offering this course and making it freely available!

By David N S

Jul 17, 2020

This course was very useful. I have been writing scientific articles for 8 years now and never had the opportunity to receive well structured training on it! I will recommended it to ANY and ALL graduate students!

By Alagu N

May 15, 2020

This course helped me to think "simple" is the best. Enabled me to reduce the complications in my writing. I'm grateful to the chance through Coursera and to the teacher who engaged the class with full enthusiasm.

By Mohamed R

May 7, 2020

It's a very interesting experience where I learned alot of tips to improve my understanding and to promote my writing skills.

Thank you very much Dr. Kristin Sainanoni for your effort

I highly recommend this course

By Aditi S

Jan 2, 2020

This was an excellent course, giving a wonderful overview of techniques essential for good writing in the sciences. I think people at any stage in their writing career will find something useful to take out of it.

By Laura M

Jan 23, 2020

I learned a lot during this course. I did not know I was making so many mistakes after I took this course. Now I feel prepared to face my new writing challenge and also help my colleagues correcting their papers.

By Ramcharan A

Nov 3, 2019

The course provided vast knowledge in the field of scientific writing. I have learned many skills to enhance my writing skills. I would certainly recommend my colleagues and friends to take this course in future.

By Andrew P L

Dec 17, 2020

A very wonderful course which covers the basic to the advanced level of writing especially in sciences. This is a wholesome course. Dr. Kristin Sainani, no-doubt, is one of the best course instructors out there.

By Noryoli G

Aug 2, 2020

It is a great course!

Writing is very important and all the information we received will make us better writers. Kristin Sainani is an excellent instructor, she gets the information across very well.

By Manu P

Aug 9, 2021

Dr. Sainani's course is exactly what I needed to build my confidence and cut down on my unfocused writing habits. I am so grateful to Coursera for providing such a valuable course in such a convenient platform.

By Valeria B

May 10, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. Getting in love with the lecturer - so professional, brilliant humor, and easy to understand - I was led through the scientific writing, filling in my gaps in knowledge.

Thank you!

By Jade M C

Apr 27, 2021

This course was excellent, it helped me a lot! I can already see the results – my writing process became more fluid and easy, and I sound clearer. Thanks a lot to Dr Kristin for all your lessons and insights :)