Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

SD
Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

KK
Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

1451 - 1475 of 1,531 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Adam P

Aug 1, 2020

I found this course very helpful in pointing out some things in writing I hadn't though of before or didn't realize I was doing which made my writing less clear and concise. The hands-on exercises helped to solidify the concepts in the lessons.

By Rebecca J

Jun 8, 2020

Great information for the most part, but some of it was clearly outdated (2012, etc.) and restructured without adjusting the content to reflect the changes. I did really appreciate the general tips and practice in editing/publishing.

By Preeti L S

Aug 6, 2019

It's a great course that provides a great perspective on academic writing. I especially enjoyed the interviews that were included. However, some of the content does seem a bit old, newer versions would be great and more relatable.

By Cristina C

Aug 14, 2019

I thought this was extremely helpful and insightful. I do not like waiting on other to review my submissions. I don't have control over what others do. And I don't have time to plea with others to do so.

By Johan L

Mar 1, 2021

The teacher is very concise and all videos have clear learning goals. You don't spend 5 minutes without learning something. Week 7 and 8 are not that relevant to scientific writing and are a bit boring.

By Gabriel B V

Oct 24, 2020

A good course in general. The first few weeks are really hard for people who are not native English speakers. You should consider the assignments based that not everyone is a native English speaker.

By Sarah C

Could use more variety in journal examples. Course was a little heavy on medical biology; it would've been nice having examples from other sciences as well. Otherwise, very helpful course.

By Alfonso M C

Nov 9, 2020

It´s a really usfeul course, although basically for beginners. They need to update the part of social media as they data are from many years ago, but you learn in every of their modules.

By Yuichiro N

Jun 11, 2020

This course provides a basic idea of how to approach writing with variety of examples. The course covers some techniques and knowledge that are useful for doing actual writing.

By Massimiliano P

Feb 14, 2021

I have just completed the online course "Writing in the Sciences"; I enjoyed learning new writing techniques and testing myself.I highly reccommend it to everyone! :)

By Jessica A

Apr 9, 2020

Was indeed helpful although in my case the later content was not relevant to my personal situation. I enjoyed the examples and succinct explanations of the content.

By Sumedh A A

Aug 14, 2020

Overall the course was a nice experience and i learnt a lot. But I think course content should be upgraded now (apparently content creation was done 4-5 yrs back).

By Uma M K

Jun 23, 2020

Thank you very much for this wonderful course

Well explained and structured .Assignments were really helpful

flexible enough to cater to the working folks.

Great

By APARNA Y R

Jul 28, 2020

A very good course. I have learnt a lot from it and would recommend to anyone who want's to start learning from scratch.

Thank you for a good course.

By sophie T

Jul 26, 2019

Very well laid out. Examples provided for all explanations, even the interviews. Very useful for someone who needs to adapt to a new way of writing.

By Abubakr E

Jun 17, 2020

The presenter is well knowledgeable and almost his presentations are clear.

It is benefits for those who wants to learn writing in academic field.

By Dr. S A S

Apr 6, 2020

It is a beneficial course well prepared by the supervisor Dr Sainani

I recommend this course to whom willing to be an excellent scientific writer

By Jacob B

Mar 18, 2019

This course was extremely informative, but a tad boring. It also needs a little updating, especially because social media has become so pervasive

By Victor C P

Sep 8, 2020

Excellent courso. I learned a lot. If i can do a suggestion, i would suggest a little bit more of grammar and less about talking to the media.

By Manar M H

Jun 12, 2019

I got a great experience from this course, but it may be better if we have a direct discussion with the instructor though e-mail or messages

By Daniela M R

Jun 14, 2020

Excelente curso, el material fue muy bueno y las pláticas extraordinarias. Solo me gustaría que fuera un poco menos de tiempo por semana

By Luca L

May 8, 2020

Very good introductory course. Not much interactive but quite engaging also in this format. I'll recommend it to colleagues and friends.

By Daniela S

May 21, 2018

Very interesting and helpful course not only for those who are starting to write scientific documents, but to improve writing skills.

By Sara A

Nov 13, 2020

This course is great and easy to understand but, the last 2 weeks are not important for someone caring now about scientific writing.

By Anushree D

Jul 22, 2020

This course was lovely and beautiful; however, I feel some of the modules were too detailed and some topics could have been omitted.