Back to Introduction to Google SEO

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Google SEO by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO with some fun practices to get seen in Google. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how the most popular search engine, Google, works, how the SEO landscape is constantly changing and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from Google. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization!...

Aug 9, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP
Jul 10, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

176 - 200 of 2,233 Reviews for Introduction to Google SEO

By Wendy M M

Mar 3, 2016

The pace of the course was great, and the content really helpful and informative. The instructors were engaging and explained topics clearly, they also provided a wealth of additional resources. I highly recommend this course for anyone interested in digital marketing.

By Alla K

Jul 24, 2021

It was very neat informative course drawing attention to many details of SEO and bringing examples of its importance for web sites. It also provided hands-on practical hints that will make the web sites more accessible in searches.

I am very content with this course.

By José C G P

Aug 27, 2020

Excellent introduction to the SEO world! It mostly focuses on history, with a little bit of current practices, so if you are not planning on taking the whole specialization, make sure to check the syllabus and the free preview to see if this isn't too basic for you.

By Abhishek S

Jul 13, 2019

The course was quite informative and this course is enough for an individual to learn the basics of Search Engine Optimization. Loved the course and the study material that contained the links of the blogs gave me very good knowledge on how to search engine's works.

By Jeremy H

Sep 19, 2017

Very good intro to SEO. I appreciate the addition of the history to lay the ground work and give appropriate context to the remainder of the sessions. Furthermore, the links for added reading led me around the net for hours allowing me to learn even more. Thanks!

By Michelle D G

Dec 12, 2020

Because I am not (yet) a technical person and a beginner in SEO, this course was quite hard to digest for me. But this is an essential course for those considering SEO as a career. This course contains complete information about search engine optimization history

By Evgenia

Jan 4, 2018

I am thankful to authors and presenters of this course for the good composition, clear and bright explanations and illustrative pictures.

I did not have any understanding of how search engines work, now I got it and can not wait to continue discovering it for myself

By Marcus P

Nov 3, 2016

Fantastic introductory course. I came into this with an understanding of marketing and a desire to learn about SEO. I now feel that i have a grasp on the fundamentals and history of SEO that will prove relevant in a future marketing career. Thanks for the class!

By Priscilla S

Dec 12, 2016

I consistently am amazed at how much I am learning. The material is presented well and is challenging. The assignments at this point are on real world scenarios - websites that are in existence and in need of SEO improvement. That was incredibly challenging.

By Muhammed

Jul 24, 2016

Excellent introductory course. Gives an excellent idea about SEO career opportunity, history and future of search and a great a introduction to organic search optimization. The discussion on Google Algorithms are also fantastic. I really enjoyed this course.

By Sara C H J

May 1, 2021

This was an amazing course to begin in the SEO world. I loved the way the instructor explained the history of SEO and how the updates have modified nd impacted the Google searches. Also, it was insightful to know how much Branding can affect SEO. Well done!

By Andrea V

Feb 26, 2021

First of all, this course is informative, understandable, and ideally apt to novices in SEO. I recommend it primarily to those who want to get acquainted with the basics of SEO practice and its development as a powerful instrument making websites searchable

By Max L

Apr 21, 2020

Great course that made me finally understand the importance of good SEO practices to improve organic growth for a website.

Rebekah was very good and through her clear teaching style made me fully understand the basics and importance of SEO as a career path.

By Lanae R

Dec 2, 2020

This was an excellent introduction course. It filled in some blanks for me in terms of historical information facts that will help me improve my approach to communicating with clients about SEO. I see how this information matters when pitching a strategy.

By Hemalatha R

A very useful course. It covers all the basic areas involved in SEO. I believe I have laid a proper foundation towards my career in SEO and I hope to learn more in the next courses. I really enjoyed Rebekah May's explaining method. Thanks for the effort!

By Divina G D S

Nov 4, 2020

This course is a blend of simple to complex knowledge about SEO. From the definition of terms, the history of search engine up to the importance of SEO together with Branding, Coach Rebekah explained them very well. Thank you so much for the learnings!

By Ann K M

Nov 17, 2016

Great Introduction. The only thing that I would change is to put the career information in the last week's module, after you have learned basic stuff about SEO - otherwise you have to think about starting a career in something that you do not know yet.

By pratik m

Jun 20, 2021

This course was helpful for me to understand the developments in the SEO development domain. I can used this knowledge gain in my future career goals. Thanks to Rebeka and coursera team for giving me the opportunity to learn, grow and search better ;)

By Christine

Aug 8, 2017

At first these this course seems both simple and confusing…like you're getting discrete bits of information that are easy to understand but you're not sure how to put them together. But once it begins to build on itself things start making more sense.

By Apple P

Dec 12, 2020

Quite good! They go through the topics we need to know quite clearly, step by step. It's very Google-centric. The various materials provided are very useful for keeping on top of this fast changing sector of internet marketing even after the course.

By Kimberly I

Jan 5, 2021

I love this course. I have been working in marketing for over 24 years but never knew the history of algorithms and how they affected SEO. I feel I have a much better understanding that will enable me to increase growth in the websites I market.

By Ruwanthi P

Aug 14, 2020

I was really passionate about SEO and did several courses. But this was the best course which taught all the introductory parts like history and everything. It helped me a lot to understand everything better. Very informative and understandable.

By Brian P

Dec 26, 2020

It is a comprehensive course and I really enjoyed it. But you have to read a lot during this course. I took more than a month to complete it as I am also working. I recommend at least one hour daily if you want to complete this within 4 weeks.

By Patricia S

Jul 26, 2019

Clear, concise excellent background info and a particularly useful review of Googles major algorithm changes that affected websites in a major way and may well have driven improvement in websites over all - although at a substantial human cost

By Nurin

Dec 29, 2020

This course opens my eyes to the world of SEO and give me a clear and better idea on how I can optimize my blog and contents for better visibility and higher ranking in the Google search page results. Thank you for hosting this online course!