Back to Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how search engines work, how the SEO landscape has changed and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from search engines. You will also discover how to position yourself for a successful career in SEO should this subject prove interesting to you. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization....

Aug 10, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP

Jul 11, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

276 - 300 of 1,465 Reviews for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

By Stephane S

Jan 17, 2019

Great content, you also shared quality external content in the course. It'd be awesome if you had provided a little deck at the end with keytakeaways.

By Linda B

Jan 05, 2018

I found this introductory course well structured, easy to follow, and very informative. Perfect for beginners who wish to take a first step into SEO.

By Manny L

Oct 03, 2016

Very insightful Well taught Easy to understand though not so easy stuff Looking forward to learning more Believe it's moved in a much better direction

By Do H L

Feb 10, 2016

The presentation of this course is top-notched.

I hope the content of this course can be longer.

I hope the quizzes can be more rigorous and challenging

By Manon G

Mar 10, 2020

Really interesting! I never thought I would learn about the history of search engines yet here I am! So fascinating, I had no clue about all this :)

By Joshua F

Feb 21, 2018

Great starting course on the basics of search engine algorithms, SEO best practices, and SEO practices that can get your site penalized with Google.

By Gregory T

Mar 05, 2017

Excellent introduction to the world of SEO and how you can potentially become an SEO specialist and help websites improve their ranking and traffic.

By Laszlo S

Feb 24, 2016

Excellent introduction to SEO. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in gaining a more-or-less complete picture of best SEO practices.

By Gaurav M

Jun 12, 2020

It's a fabulous course, fully packed with immense knowledge for anyone who wants to understand a brief overview of how exactly search engine works.

By Rodrigo F C

Feb 25, 2019

Although the course only touches on the basic concepts involved in SEO, it is a great introduction to anyone looking to learn more about the topic.

By Nisharg S

Apr 11, 2020

This Course really gave a basic understanding and mindset that an SEO has to build up while working on optimizing the websites and search results.

By Philip P

Mar 27, 2016

It's great to take a college level course on SEO. We covered a lot of material during this Introduction course. Look forward to the next course.

By Beyza C

Apr 03, 2020

I think this course very effective. Especially reading documents really helped me to understand what is going on in SEO world. Thank you so much!

By luca i

Oct 26, 2017

An effective course that highlights Google evolution.

Understanding how it has evolved make easier for a SEO specialist forecasting its behaviour.

By Sudan G

Jun 13, 2020

The structure of the course content is really good. It is always good to know the inception of SEO first and then how things changes after that.

By Md. M R

May 05, 2020

Very easy and brief lectures. The best part of this course are the extra reading materials as they are very helpful and give in depth knowledge.

By Wafi H N M

Feb 08, 2018

for long time working as seo specialist, this course summarized almost all basic knowledge that took me more than a year to realize & experience

By MOISE L

Apr 14, 2018

I loved the way this SEO specialization is introduced. The instructor helps first to understand what is SEO, its evolution, and good practices.

By Barta D

Mar 21, 2018

Very helpful and concise course. Highly relevant study material. Great content for to build foundation for advanced courses. Thank you UCDavis!

By Oleg B

May 03, 2017

Great course for beginners. If you have some experience in SEO and content marketing, you can pass it quickly, but still get valuable insights.

By Anne S

Jun 04, 2020

Really great course! I was impressed with the experience of instructors, quality of the content, and effectiveness of the testing. Thank you!

By adnan a

Feb 07, 2019

This was my first course on coursera.com . I learnt a lot from this course. The depth of this course makes me amazed as well as the standards.

By Steve

Mar 17, 2016

Rebekah May was excellent. She provided a clear and thorough presentation on each module and course. I now have a better understanding of SEO.

By Juan F A

Nov 14, 2019

Very complete introduction the the world of SEO. I will definitely continue my education to build a deeper understanding of the SEO landscape

By Ivonne S

Sep 21, 2019

Really liked this course, simple, clear and very informative. I liked the articles given us to read on the side and the instructor was great.