Back to Introduction to Google SEO

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Google SEO by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO with some fun practices to get seen in Google. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how the most popular search engine, Google, works, how the SEO landscape is constantly changing and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from Google. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization!...

Aug 9, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP

Jul 10, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

126 - 150 of 2,410 Reviews for Introduction to Google SEO

By NOMAN

Aug 31, 2020

Overall, a very good theoretical presentation of search engine optimization. By scratching the surface of the search engine optimizations, the course made a clear way for learners to unleash their potentials in the market by implementing the practices of seo with white hat methods which helps learners to avoid the blunders which can result in penalties and permanently site suspensions.

By Hugo J B

Apr 20, 2021

This was an interesting and enjoyable course, and I feel I learned a lot. The tutor was likeable and knowledgeable, so I would recommend the course to my peers. My only criticism was some of the questions were a bit vague and so I was left trying to figure out what they were referring to. But the course made me want to learn more about SEO (as well as possibly winemaking!) Thanks!

By Taylor D

Dec 5, 2016

Course material was well sliced up to keep it relevant and interesting - nothing really dragged on. I'd suggest re-considering how long reading material takes, sometimes something like 2 articles was listed as taking 2 hours, making the overall course time seem much longer than it truly was. But the content shared was really interesting and helpful to a beginner SEO like me.

By Arnav M

Jun 24, 2020

This course provided the list of updates made in the Google search engine algorithms since inception. It also covered various penalties that are applied by the search engine on spammy pages. The content met my expectation and its delivery was good. I would recommend this course to people who are new to SEO and want to learn what to do and what not to do with your website.

By Jacob R

Dec 17, 2019

Very good! I learned a lot about the foundations, the history, and the industry that is search engine optimization. I learned so many terms and concepts that I am sure to use if I pursue a career in SEO and I have a far better understanding of what is required in this job. Thank you Davis/Coursera for providing this, I can't wait to continue down this specialization.

By Mharlyn M

Aug 23, 2020

This is a superb course. I came in knowing absolutely nothing about the subject. I was just curious about what I could do to improve my own websites. Half way through I was astonished to realize I was actually understanding what was going on. Enjoyed the readings and the videos. Will continue on with the subsequent courses offered by UC Davis on this topic. Thanks.

By Anurag T

Mar 16, 2019

The course provides relevant informations regarding SEO. The course run through the history till the current updates that has been made in google search algorithm. It also talks about penalisation and how to get rid of it and increase ranking in search. Contains wide range of contents that are required to become professional and establish a career in this field.

By Rhitik J

Mar 10, 2017

A very informative course that lays out the basics of SEO really well and forms a foundation that a learner can build upon. The instructors are great! Supplementary reading material and constant references to tools and softwares available online helps a learner understand what kind of tools SEO professionals use and how they too can use them to their advantage.

By Allan R M

Mar 14, 2016

This course gives a fabulous introduction to the world of SEO and organic web design. It opened my eyes to how much control Google has over the internet and how important SEO is to branding and marketing of a website. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in how the Internet works; even better, is the insight into Google's algorithms and history.

By Gayane T

Jan 5, 2017

The course was designed in a way to explain the very beginning of the SEO profession: how search engines developed, how the search mechanism works and what is the role of SEO specialists in improving search results. The course provided me with the basic understanding of the theme and filled with curiosity to explore the principles of site rankings further.

By Carlo P

Jul 27, 2021

I learned a lot about Search Engine Optimization and will be able to apply it in large search engine companies such as Google. This is the process of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website via organic search engine results. A higher ranking when someone searches a term in your industry increases the visibility of your brand online.

By Durvankur P

Jun 8, 2018

Even though the content of this course scratched the surface of SEO industry, it helped me to gain insight in this field. Being a content developer, it has opened some new dimensions for me to look at, and also boost my profile in the market. I am surely taking a few more courses under this specialization to develop on the foundation from this course.

By David V

Feb 27, 2018

I learned many things about internet, the web, search engines and lots of technical terminology. I think the course is very well structured starting with the basics and the history of internet to finishing with a lot of ideas and advices to succeed in this field and how to face the future and keep up to date in this field that is constantly changing.

By Nicole B

Jun 28, 2019

This was a really helpful course, I felt I left with great foundational knowledge that will help me immediately. One improvement: the course suggested that I would be able to perform an audit of my site based on the materials provided and I think I needed a bit more hand-holding to do that after completing the material. Still a very useful course.

By Alfonsus G

Aug 19, 2020

the digital world is vast and growing. SEO is an important aspect in the development of the digital world. This class will provide knowledge about SEO, its history, and its future. Many important, interesting, and unique information will be learned in this class. I became interested in exploring the world of SEO and I highly recommend this class.

By Arul N

Mar 28, 2021

I just loved this course from the beginning. It was an amazing experience for me. It provided me with great knowledge about "Search engine optimization" materials. My sincere thanks and appreciation to all of the professors and the coursera community who contributed to this course. I look forward to more courses from the coursera.org. Thank you.

By Kyla P

Oct 8, 2020

The course is carefully outlined and comprehensive for beginners. It provides step-by-step introductions to the basic concepts and elements of SEO, and I finished the course confident with the newly-acquired knowledge I learned from it. Also, maybe an unrelated note, but the instructor's voice was so soothing and no lesson sounded boring to me.

By Jannat E J

Sep 24, 2020

For an introductory course, this has started successfully with basic functions and historic backgrounds. For someone who is not interested in historical intri, you can skip it, but I liked it all along. The course is, however, not pretty easy. You've to concentrate, take notes, and sometimes review your lessons to get passed through the tests.

By Christopher P

Helpful and informative, but I don't feel I am ready to become a SEO. But I think this course is not designed for that, but to give basic and informational knowledge about being an SEO, for which it did amazing. The first week consisted of how to apply for professional SEO jobs and what to expect from those jobs, which was a great additional.

By prashanna k

Dec 22, 2017

This very introduction to SEO has cleared out a lot of misconceptions i had regarding how websites were ranked accordingly and im pretty sure i would go on to taking the next lesson for SEO and learn something out of the box .

Thankyou Coursera and the hard working staff members for giving me this great opportunity to enhance my skills .

By beatriz

Jan 30, 2017

This course is very clear, interesting and helpfull. It made me want to learn more about SEO. I understood the basics and had access to real life examples and other revelant materials. Even if you don't plan on working with SEO, this course is still interesting for anyone who is interested in how search engines work. Thank you so much!

By Nausherwan N B

Apr 13, 2021

The course was really great and touched threadbare each and every aspect of what an SEO Introductory course should have in it . Highly recommended to anyone looking to gain some foundational insights in SEO .

The course content , quizzes and the Reading Materials along with Ms. Rebekah unique style of delivery was really exceptional .

By Alan M

Jul 7, 2017

This course has provided resources that aided in my general knowledge of the internet, SEO concepts and career paths, Google algorithms with corresponding best practices utilized in optimizing a site, as well as a spark in my interest to delve further in my education path towards be a Search Engine Optimizer. Keep up the great work!

By Anil K

Mar 6, 2018

Excellent starting point for SEO. Clear, concise, and relevant information. The graphics were really really good. My favorite part were the links provided for more info, they really made the course comprehensive. The field is changing fast, so some info might start to get outdated, but course is very helpful as a starting point.

By Charith P

Jun 1, 2021

This is one of the greatest courses I ever learned. And it has great content. Most of all it changes the way I think about SEO. And It makes me think what is the future of SEO and what to do to adapt to the future. Finally, if you want to start your professional carrier in SEO this is the best course to start. 100% recommended