Back to Meditation: A way to achieve your goals in your life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Meditation: A way to achieve your goals in your life by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

Do we truly think that we have lived for ourselves? Perhaps we have lived for money, love, fame, family and pride etc.? Therefore, we don’t seem to be satisfied even though we are full of those things. It is because that we don’t know ourselves. Eric Fromm talked about human nature as two modes of being: “To Have” and “To Be”. If we are “Having” the nature of possessions, we are not satisfied, and feel empty and futile. Then, how can we be “Being” the nature of our inner-selves? Sometimes, we happened to be aware of this “Being” nature and try to change ourselves, but fail. But, because of our daily routines, it’s easily forgotten. And more it is hard to escape from our unwanted minds controlling us. From now on, let us reflect on ourselves and look at our minds leading up to today! Don’t we achieve our goals after knowing ourselves? And let us find the “Being” nature of our original selves after escaping from the minds restraining and controlling us. In this lecture, the definition and principle of the mind are explained in simple and clear ways. You can make sure and practice the methodology of finding the true original mind of inner-self by escaping from the false mind of possession. Self-reflection is the first step to meditate. You can know yourselves most objectively through meditation and you will realize that all the thoughts and actions are due to your minds which are nonexistent and false. If you throw away the false mind, you will find the true mind. Meditation is now world-wide sensation. There are many research reports that show people can be leaders if you have a habit of self-reflection through meditation. Now meditation at school and the workplace are popular. Happiness is having no worries. You can really relax yourself if there is no bundle of thoughts and you can be successful when you know yourself truly. Worries come from the memorized thoughts of the false mind. Your inner potential of positive power are revealed, your peaceful and happiest mind will be in your mind, and you can live the life you wanted through meditation. This method of meditation is very practical and everybody can follow the methodology. As an engineer, I will guide you step by step to practice this meditation. I am sure that this lecture becomes a turning point in your life....

NJ
Apr 19, 2019

An interesting and thought-provoking course on how self-reflective meditation can help achieve life's goals such as peace and contentment. My thanks to the educator and course organisers.

LS
May 4, 2020

The course was very interesting and easy to go through! The real challenge starts now when I have to apply all the knowledge gained. As we already know "knowing is only half the battle".

126 - 150 of 299 Reviews for Meditation: A way to achieve your goals in your life

By Anne T

Jun 21, 2020

It is simply brilliant and brilliantly simple.Thank you so much professor. I feel lighter and much, much happier.

By Tracy L

Feb 18, 2021

Always appreciate people who truly cares about world peace and calmness in human minds! Thanks for the teaching!

By Francisco G H

Sep 18, 2018

it is real the illumination? what if my minf only thinks about that? it might be ilumination ego?

thank you!! :)

By Liliana V

Jan 8, 2021

very powerful course, I strongly recomend these lectures in order to gain more self consciousness and wellness

By Kalbande P D

Aug 19, 2020

One of the best course on Coursera very effective self reflection method of mediation thanks prof.Duck Joo Lee

By Kristie K

May 4, 2020

Life-changing for those who pay attention and are willing to change old habits and develop new, healthy ones

By Surabhi S C

Sep 7, 2020

Very well designed course that he;[ed me unveil the underlying cause of distress. Thank you Professor Lee!

By Van I

Excellent! A very effective method of meditation, it really works! Thank you very much for this course.

By Lai F L

Apr 16, 2020

It is not easy, with much practice one can achieve the goal - being happy. Thank you Prof Duck-Joo Lee.

By Eunjin A

May 27, 2018

It is very helpful for understanding the principles of mind and how it works while living in this life.

By Daniela H A

May 15, 2020

It actually had a real impact in my life, I need to practice more but I´m sure I am going to be better

By ANALY S F

Oct 30, 2020

Realmente me ayudo a profundizar en la importancia de la meditación y en encontrar la felicidad en mi

By Lorna D

Mar 30, 2021

I have learned so much about happiness and world peace by taking this course. Professor Lee, bravo.

By Ney D

Jan 22, 2021

A great experience that helped me to know myself better and a great tool to use in everyday life.

By yramadevi

May 2, 2020

Self reflection is a very useful technique to be practised daily for a successful and happy life

By Inderpall B

Apr 17, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. I feel the strange in my life already. Thank you Dr Lee. Brilliant

By Rupa B L

Feb 29, 2020

Very practical with practical examples and good interviews with people who practice meditation.

By john s

Sep 30, 2019

It was sensational for my life. I hope to start meditation right now. Thanks for this lecture.

By 181PS020 R N

Oct 22, 2020

nice....and awesome course ....thank you....I learned lot of things through this course....

By Pendyala S

Jul 16, 2020

This course is very useful to control anger, develop confidence and to know about ourselves

By Ramon o c

Oct 2, 2019

an special way to approach the meditation, very usefull . It really has helped me.thank you

By Shreeja

Sep 30, 2020

very informative and easy procedure to follow. Very beneficial. happy to do this course.

By Tarunkumar M C

Jul 13, 2020

This course leads you from the mind full of false picture to a peaceful and real mind.

By Sara V

Jul 10, 2020

Excellent course. Excellent teacher. Do you know a thing?....Just do it this course!!!

By Elizabeth o

Jul 20, 2020

This course must be compulsory to everybody, starting from all the educational level.