Back to Google SEO Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Google SEO Fundamentals by University of California, Davis

Gain an understanding of search engine algorithms and how they affect organic search results and websites. Building on this knowledge, you’ll learn the key elements for creating an effective SEO strategy, including how to select keywords and perform keyword research; consumer psychology and search behavior; and how to conduct on-page SEO analysis to identify opportunities to improve a website’s search optimization....
Highlights
Great introduction
(3 Reviews)
Practical and applicable
(19 Reviews)

AA
Jun 30, 2017

This is not a trivial subject. Nevertheless, I feel completely confident in my newfound knowledge of it. Not only that, but I am very motivated to keep going with the rest of the specialization now.

MY
Jun 9, 2018

this is amazing SEO course . i am first time learning about SEO . its really informative and help me to improve my skill. i really thanks to coursera to give this opportunity to learn this course.

26 - 50 of 558 Reviews for Google SEO Fundamentals

By Muhammad A Y

Jun 10, 2018

By Romit N

this is the best SEO course available on the web. very detailed & thorough. specific instructions. i will recommend it to everyone who is seeking a career in the SEO field

By Munazza C

May 3, 2020

it was really very informational and knowledge enriched course... love the way of tutor with which she delivers and access learner's knowledge. would love to learn more...

By Priscilla S

Sep 8, 2017

Another hit. Lessons are parceled out well so that it is easy to learn but then reinforced extremely well so that the participants leave with a firm grasp on the concepts.

By Michael T

Apr 24, 2019

The Course was great, so easy to understand and straight to the point. The topics are a must for those who want to understand how Google Search Ranking works. 5 stars!

By Sana H

Feb 17, 2019

Excellent Course. Insightful as always and simple to understand.

By jerome

Nov 2, 2018

Great and easy to understand

By simona s

Nov 30, 2020

There is definitely a lack of tutors, which becomes essential when carrying out the mandatory tasks and to clarify any doubts. The link to the teacher (paradoxically) reports a 404 error (object of study of a lesson). It would also be honest to communicate the year of production of the course (which I have not found). The topics are treated with extreme simplicity: it is perfect for those who are beginners and want to extricate themselves from the tide of information now available on the topic.

By Jayshal S

Sep 29, 2019

I feel that some more resources would have helped. For instance, useful sites to get SEO information, page ranking etc.

By Nikkala V

Nov 9, 2016

I found the assignment quite difficult as I felt that what we were asked to do was not possible. At least not with Accuracy. No matter how many web pages I tried to analyse and with how many different free tools I seemed to come up with the same 2 issues.....if the page was performing badly (which was the type of page we were recommended to choose) there was not enough traffic to it to gather any information/demographics. However even when I chose a popular page I was unable to obtain the requested information because it was not my website so I was not entitled to view this information - again returning zero results. So I am a little confused as to how we are expected to answer (truthfully?!) questions such as:

Who are the main visitors? Where are they from? Where did you obtain this information?

??

By Federico C

Jul 19, 2019

The reading material is not in the course. You should buy a book.

By Aleksandra S

May 12, 2016

Good content, but blocked quizes in free version is bad idea.

By JT

Jun 18, 2017

Excellent course - presentation of material was well paced and more than enough details and depth provided to give the student the information and resources necessary to learn optimally.

The instructor(s) and generally this course took a deeper dive into tools and techniques for SEO for prep, planning, analysis and review.

I highly recommend this course for beginners, intermediates, and any aspiring SEOs.

By Anil K

Mar 14, 2018

Builds a strong case for learning SEO by providing real life examples. The assignment provides opportunities to use them and further refine each piece learned here. The course presentation is excellent with really good graphics and well planned content. Some of the tools used in here might not be freely available, but many can be used for trial period or with limited content/features.

By Jonathan V

Jun 28, 2016

Challenging, thorough and engaging. Repetitive in a good way, by gently going back over content you almost learn by default. The quizzes are professionally prepared and sometimes tough to pass! This is good as you are obliged to think hard, even go back through materials or ask others for advice until the knowledge sticks. Highly recommended and of great practical value.

By Yazdani C

Aug 6, 2020

It was an awesome course. I have learned a lot of things from this course, and now I feel the urge to enroll in the upcoming course as I have gained more interest in this field.

Thanks to the course mentor Ms. Rebekah May and all those who are working behind the scene for presenting such a wonderful course. I hope I will be more pleased in the upcoming course as well.

By Ajithkumar D

Oct 5, 2019

The structure and conduct of the course is commendable. It will surely enable the learner to go forward to learn and practice more to become a successful SEO strategist. I really thank the faculty and classmates for the wonderful learning environment and experience. Looking forward to team up again for good. Thanks

By Jennifer C

Dec 7, 2020

Super informative course that covers all of the important fundamental SEO topics and gives a general overview without diving too deep into every aspect. Great to gain knowledge and practise hands-on by doing own assignments and reviewing others. I am looking forward to the next course! Thank you, UC Davis-team!

By kushmakar s

Aug 23, 2018

It builds on the Course 1 of the specialization and details each of the aspects of On-page, Off-page and Technical SEO. It provides a clear framework of what all SEOs need to focus on and how to handle problems they face. I am excited to take the next course where keyword analysis is discussed in-depth.

By Arthur d A L R

Sep 10, 2020

Very nice for those seeking to enter the SEO market, it really lay down a strong base so you can start optimizing your own website and those of your clients. Despite it does not dwell very deep into keyword research, the course gives you everything you need to move on for the next stage by yourself.

By Muhammad N M

Aug 12, 2020

this course really give me basic about on page, off page and technical seo, and keyword research skill, i really happy and i will use this fundamental to continue other advance course related with keyword research, on page, off page and technical seo on website. Thanks for who have review my work!

By Umar S

Oct 18, 2016

She's thorough and doesn't read from the slides. You can tell she knows her stuff. Also she provides good resources. One thing i would appreciate is if she goes over how to use some of the many SEO tools for analyzing a website that she discusses apart from screaming frog e.g., google analytics.

By Salman A A B A

Jun 8, 2020

I learnt much more in this course. Especially Fundamentals that i needed and those were just not available in depth in the course introduction to SEO. But coursera should review assignments by their own hand because users do not review correctly the assignments and do not giving coorect marks.

By Diego M

Dec 5, 2016

Excellent course and very well taught. I was amazed by how clearly it was explained to people who may not have a background in this field, it is definitely useful for those trying to transition into new careers and understand more about digital marketing through areas such as SEO. Thank you!

By Katie D

Feb 15, 2021

Rebekah is wonderful! She provides pertinent information in an organized manner, and she clearly has the knowledge and experience to help others in her field. I audited this course to learn more about SEO for a new job, and I feel confident and prepared for the next step in my career!