Back to Google SEO Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Google SEO Fundamentals by University of California, Davis

Gain an understanding of search engine algorithms and how they affect organic search results and websites. Building on this knowledge, you’ll learn the key elements for creating an effective SEO strategy, including how to select keywords and perform keyword research; consumer psychology and search behavior; and how to conduct on-page SEO analysis to identify opportunities to improve a website’s search optimization....
Highlights
Great introduction
(3 Reviews)
Practical and applicable
(19 Reviews)

AA
Jun 30, 2017

This is not a trivial subject. Nevertheless, I feel completely confident in my newfound knowledge of it. Not only that, but I am very motivated to keep going with the rest of the specialization now.

MY
Jun 9, 2018

this is amazing SEO course . i am first time learning about SEO . its really informative and help me to improve my skill. i really thanks to coursera to give this opportunity to learn this course.

551 - 557 of 557 Reviews for Google SEO Fundamentals

By Mónica A

Jan 23, 2018

Too easy and superficial .

By Claudio D S F

Oct 24, 2017

very good

By Sophia D

Aug 10, 2020

For a complete beginner in the subject of SEO, I believe that I've gained some knowledge and insight on the subject. However, I don't feel confident that I have any actual skill in the subject. After reading some reviews on this course, I'm glad that I didn't have to pay for this course.

My personal issue with this course is that the quality of the videos isn't really the best. I also found the peer graded assignment somewhat difficult to do, seeing that I didn't have any SEO tools to rate things like website traffic and the free resources couldn't really give me any useful information for the type of website we were asked to work with.

Others have pointed out that many of the resources are things we could have easily found online, for free, on our own. That is true. The videos also feel somewhat redundant, in all honesty. Someone pointed out in the previous course that their structure is: the instructor says what she's going to teach us, she teaches us that, she repeats what she taught us. When I realized this I skipped to the actual meat of the videos, so in the end the actual useful content was like 2 mins of video.

By Nathan H

Jun 27, 2016

It was OK. There is nothing you will gain from this course that you can't get in a single 1/2 hour youtube video instead of 100 2 minute videos here. The assignments were questionable and the examples used in the first assignment at least no longer exist.

By Arno H

Nov 29, 2016

Content is very condensed - but fine.

However, you need to pay to do the quizzes and even the peer assessment - something where you are contributing by reviewing other participants work. Charging me for supporting other participants and supporting a 'learning community mindset' seems ridiculous to me.

By Nicolas S V

Mar 31, 2018

Little project for analyzing websites that we want to rank. I was expecting something more insightful.

By May M T