Back to Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals by University of California, Davis

Gain an understanding of search engine algorithms and how they affect organic search results and websites. Building on this knowledge, you’ll learn the key elements for creating an effective SEO strategy, including how to select keywords and perform keyword research; consumer psychology and search behavior; and how to conduct on-page SEO analysis to identify opportunities to improve a website’s search optimization....
Highlights
Great introduction
(3 Reviews)
Practical and applicable
(19 Reviews)

AA

Jul 01, 2017

This is not a trivial subject. Nevertheless, I feel completely confident in my newfound knowledge of it. Not only that, but I am very motivated to keep going with the rest of the specialization now.

MY

Jun 10, 2018

this is amazing SEO course . i am first time learning about SEO . its really informative and help me to improve my skill. i really thanks to coursera to give this opportunity to learn this course.

376 - 400 of 475 Reviews for Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals

Sep 07, 2017

great

By Shubham y

Jun 27, 2020

good

By Mudasir L

Jan 15, 2018

good

By bilal n

Jun 08, 2017

May 12, 2016

a

By Jill W

Nov 26, 2019

This course is very informative, but I wish the content was updated. Some of what I learned contradicts current information. As has been repeatedly mentioned throughout Course 1 and 2 is that SEO changes fast. So, being that the creators of these courses know that, they should update the content regularly to reflect those changes.

A frustrating part of the course is the peer review. I took the time to carefully read and appropriately grade other students' work. However, two students didn't read my work but seemed to haphazardly click on the bubbles. For example, I clearly showed 4 pages and even numbered them, but one student clicked on the option that I didn't have 4 pages. There's another example, but I don't want to give too much away because this is a "graded" test. In other words, because of carelessness, I received a lower grade.

By Lisa H

Oct 27, 2016

This course is sooooo much better than the intro course, which I am happy to say i was refunded for. This one dispenses useful and practical information right from the start. My only issue now is that I'd like to get the full specialization, but I'm not paying for that first useless course (sorry if that sounds harsh, just being honest). I highly recommend you make the first course optional or free to people who take the remaining courses and want to receive the specialization.

I'm rating 4 stars because I haven't finished the course yet so want to see how my learning will be tested in the end before forming a final opinion. So far it's just been a few questions, but I like the way they pop up at unexpected times during the presentation. Keeps me alert :)

By Wendy T

Dec 05, 2017

The lesson is fundamental learning while a good start for me to delve into SEO content marketing and marketing strategy latter. The subjects cover the on-page, onsite and offsite SEO learning points and attachment in every session is the detail topics for further study. I think it is beneficial to have the overall review in the last. I shall do the SEO analysis for a website which is poor in SEO and assess other students' SEO homework. I really learn a lot.