Back to Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals by University of California, Davis

Gain an understanding of search engine algorithms and how they affect organic search results and websites. Building on this knowledge, you’ll learn the key elements for creating an effective SEO strategy, including how to select keywords and perform keyword research; consumer psychology and search behavior; and how to conduct on-page SEO analysis to identify opportunities to improve a website’s search optimization....
Highlights
Great introduction
(3 Reviews)
Practical and applicable
(19 Reviews)

AA

Jul 01, 2017

This is not a trivial subject. Nevertheless, I feel completely confident in my newfound knowledge of it. Not only that, but I am very motivated to keep going with the rest of the specialization now.

MY

Jun 10, 2018

this is amazing SEO course . i am first time learning about SEO . its really informative and help me to improve my skill. i really thanks to coursera to give this opportunity to learn this course.

51 - 75 of 462 Reviews for Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals

By Hassan M

May 14, 2019

It's really a good course and very helpful for those students who want to get latest skills related SEO. All new techniques of SEO and great content about SEO is deliver. I really appreciated this course and thankful all the team that provide it.

By Driton M

Jun 23, 2016

The content is great, and the lectures are clear, but this course was made in a rush: there are many bugs throughout the quizzes and there is no contact at all with the lecturer in the forums, and there is no teaching stuff present in the forums.

By Sara H

Aug 20, 2020

Despite the information regarding the "stages of search" being a bit disorganized and hard to follow, the course contains an amazing amount of helpful information. I continue to be impressed by the instructor's teaching style. Well done.

By Arpi G

Nov 16, 2016

Even if you consider yourself well-aware of SEO fundamentals this course is definitely worth taking. The tutor explains the topics in a simple, but yet very informative way. I liked her approach and the whole structure of her course.

By Hiral M

Jul 30, 2020

The course is beautifully designed. Syllabus is divided well in weekwise category for learners to learn the course in smooth pace rather than rushing. The tests and assignments are also apt and short and not hectic for the learners

By Nadeem S

Sep 25, 2019

Thank You My Teacher Madam Rebekah May. Thank You So Much

I learned a lot about SEO especially keyword Research and Specificity especially Final Assignment.

As Course is moving forward it is becoming more complex and time taken.

By Lakshay D J

This course has everything a SEO needs. I was weak at the technical part but this course got it all covered. The practical knowledge it initiates with the assignments and peer reviews are at par. Amazingly curated course !

By rohit b

Sep 21, 2017

Best Course to understand how on page, off page and technical SEO works. If you want to understand building blocks of SEO & clear concept this is nice course. Instructor "Rebekah" explains each & every topic with interest.

By Maëlle B

Aug 18, 2016

The teacher is very good, her explanations are always very clear and she is giving practical advice. She is also sharing a lot of her professional experience, very useful to get a better understanding of the field.

By Sam R

Jun 29, 2020

Really good course, information was well explained and broken down well so that it is easy to take on board. I also found it helpful being tested along the way it helped reaffirm i was talking the information in.

By Alfonsus G

Sep 20, 2020

This class teaches you many things about SEO, tips and tricks, do's and don'ts, and much more. I highly recommend this class because the explanation is very good and makes my knowledge of SEO increase a lot.

By Maddy18

May 03, 2018

The content is really good but what I loved about this course was the peer review assignment. I think this is how all assignments should be. It involved a good amount of research and was like a mini-project.

By Muhammad A

Jul 07, 2018

Excellent Course. Wonderful Learning Experience. However the course Material is older and I joined the course after2 years. Now many things have been changed and this course Material is needed to be updated

By Tarik A C

Very simple and understandable course to get the fundamentals for SEO. A great tool of setting up a customized SEO strategy for each individual webpage. Would recommend it to other friends and colleagues!

By Emanuel M O

Apr 24, 2020

This course is well done and detailed. I love the assignment part because they make you learn more and especially when you are reviewing other peer's assignments.

I can't wait to continue with the course.

By Annika T

Jun 03, 2020

Very clear, informational, useful and inspiring! I especially liked the videos and the additional readable course material. I will definitely go through the material later to recap.

By Ingrid N

Jan 24, 2017

Ms May provided so much information and so many resources regarding SEO. For each aspect of SEO I definitely walk away with a lot more knowledge that I can already apply right now!

By Hafiz F A

Mar 06, 2017

This course is really something, now i have a much clearer picture then i had before taking this course, i am feeling confident now. The way they designed the course, it is great.

By Evans A P

Sep 03, 2019

I really enjoy this course, is everything I need to know about on/off-page and technical SEO, and how to do keywords research and user personal is truly a solid rock knowledge.

By Richa S

May 02, 2020

This course was very well explained and the resources were easy to understand. It helped me a lot to understand SEO principles that I can now apply to my site.

Thanks a lot.

By Romit N

this is the best SEO course available on the web. very detailed & thorough. specific instructions. i will recommend it to everyone who is seeking a career in the SEO field

By Munazza C

May 04, 2020

it was really very informational and knowledge enriched course... love the way of tutor with which she delivers and access learner's knowledge. would love to learn more...

By Priscilla S

Sep 08, 2017

Another hit. Lessons are parceled out well so that it is easy to learn but then reinforced extremely well so that the participants leave with a firm grasp on the concepts.

By Michael T

Apr 25, 2019

The Course was great, so easy to understand and straight to the point. The topics are a must for those who want to understand how Google Search Ranking works. 5 stars!

By TANIA M

Sep 07, 2020

The instructor of this course is amazing. I love her. The way she has explained everything Hats off to her!. This is the best course I have come across on coursera