Back to Simple Regression Analysis in Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Simple Regression Analysis in Public Health by Johns Hopkins University

Biostatistics is the application of statistical reasoning to the life sciences, and it's the key to unlocking the data gathered by researchers and the evidence presented in the scientific public health literature. In this course, we'll focus on the use of simple regression methods to determine the relationship between an outcome of interest and a single predictor via a linear equation. Along the way, you'll be introduced to a variety of methods, and you'll practice interpreting data and performing calculations on real data from published studies. Topics include logistic regression, confidence intervals, p-values, Cox regression, confounding, adjustment, and effect modification....

BV
Apr 23, 2020

This course covers all types of Simple Regressions. Instructor explained the complex topics in simple language. Relevant examples from clinical field and thorough explanation by the Instructor.

EL
May 8, 2021

Another exceptional class by Dr. John McGready. Clear and concise with many real-world research reviews that make challenging subjects such as logistic regression much more easy to understand.

26 - 50 of 53 Reviews for Simple Regression Analysis in Public Health

By Mustafa A

Apr 2, 2021

Very exciting course, comparing to the previous courses it is completely new to me. Thanks to Ph.D. MS John McCready and to Johns Hopkins University

By Enyerbert G

Mar 29, 2021

Thanks this course has improved my skills in the public health field, thanks a lot for putting these courses here for students around the world.

By Sutopa T

Aug 28, 2019

I would like to thank the instructor. Sir, you have explained everything so well and clearly step by step. It has been very helpful

By Ricardo F

Mar 28, 2020

amazing course. I learned a lot with these topics, how about identify confounders in a clinical trial, and knew how to fix it

By PRASHANT V

Sep 6, 2020

Such complex concepts explained with ease. The section on confounding requires more than one reading. Really enjoyed it.

By Rajani P

Jun 30, 2020

Everything in this course was new to me. It was tough to grasp initially, but I must say John is a very good teacher!!

By Diana I C C

Feb 14, 2021

Great method to teach, with a lot of example, so that we can incorporate the theory into real life research. Thanks.

By Abigail B

Apr 18, 2020

Dives in depth into regression coefficients and intercept, how to interpret them, and how to evaluate significance.

By Abdi D O

Feb 28, 2020

Very informative and well delivered course with clear instructions and mind teasing quizzes.

By Ulrick S K

Jul 27, 2019

Very practical course. The tutor makes complex concepts seem easy.

By Saumya R P

the course design, quiz and lectures were amazing and engaging.

By Qianwen O

Nov 4, 2019

Good as always, hope to have more high level courses in future

By Avneesh A

Feb 27, 2020

Professor McGready is amazing and explains things very well

By Dhanalakshmi S S

Aug 27, 2020

Yes,Thank You ,Coursera I was gained my knowledge..

By Masoud M

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent... He is a real professor.

By Rezan H

Sep 10, 2020

Clear, very useful, great examples

By Christos K

Apr 8, 2020

Fantastic course! Great work!

By Priyath S

Nov 30, 2020

amazing!

By Ricardo D A

Jun 28, 2021

I​ just completed the Biostatistics specialisation, so I have posted these comments on all the courses:

What I most appreciated: D​r McGready is a fantastic lecturer, and I learned a tremendous amount from his lectures. I feel that you need to do all four courses to truly appreciate all the lessons.

W​hat I think will improve the courses: There are some mistakes in the quizzes and the answer sheets, and I think it is because Dr McGready used the lectures that he uses in his classes at JHU, but had to transcribe the quizzes into the Coursera format. I feel that the lectures would have had even greater value if we got to program some of the statistics and manipulate some of the data in R or SPSS.

O​verall, I really enjoyed the specialisation, and I certainly got what I was looking for. Thanks again for all your hard work!

By Luna Z

Aug 9, 2020

I think this level is relatively more difficult than the previous two but manageable, though some of the quizzes and recordings should be fixed, but the prof did an excellent job at clarifying some of the concepts. Recommend for those who need an intro to data analytics in healthcare