Back to Social Computing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Computing by University of California San Diego

4.4

People are social creatures and the modern Internet reflects that. Technology has made collaboration at a distance possible in new ways that present their own set of challenges. This course will introduce you to the major challenges and opportunities for creating online communities. What does the future hold? Learn how social computing can create collaboration experiences that go beyond what’s possible face to face....

ML

Mar 10, 2016

Really interesting course. Good introduction to the dynamics of group behavior and collaboration. Nice overview of advantages of crowdsourcing, but no mention of any ethical or economic concerns.

MI

Apr 08, 2017

Great course, very practical and a great pack of skills which will help me interpret problems better, especially ones involving multiple people (which is basically all problems.)

1 - 25 of 91 Reviews for Social Computing

By Will H

Feb 26, 2019

yeet

By Kevin M

Dec 27, 2018

I don't think introduction needed to be stretched so long but it was good :)

By Traci B

Jul 22, 2018

Learned many new things here. Math was a bit tricky, but very much enjoyed.

By Alfredo H

Aug 26, 2018

excellent course about understanding Social interaction

By nancy g s

Aug 31, 2015

Great first lessons, I'll have started.

By yashar k s

Oct 04, 2016

Best Course

By Nina K

Apr 04, 2016

All the videos and assignments were interesting and informative, I am just not sure how relevant they were to the specialization.

By Jesabel R C

Sep 08, 2015

It was interesting to learn via Coursera. My very first time online course ever and I enjoyed it. :)

By Pooh

Oct 24, 2016

I found the social computing session was interesting

By Yash M

Aug 07, 2016

This is one of the most interesting courses I've come across in a while. Although not a Design course, it is very much relevant to the Internet industry today since most of the social networks employ features that have evolved from the process of Design.

By Khairul A

Feb 09, 2016

My favorite!

By ADRIAN Z

Aug 01, 2017

This is also one of the best subjects I have worked on.

By Gowri S

Feb 26, 2016

Interesting assignments

By Antonio G

Sep 25, 2017

Very funny and interesting information.

By Mikhil R

Sep 06, 2015

This is one of the most innovative courses that I have seen. It really helped in thinking out of box.

By Tamella H

Sep 19, 2017

This course will make you work and think more. Some assignment will be one whereas others will take a good amount of time. Make sure you go through the video couple times or take notes while the instructor is explaining.

By Devin H

Aug 30, 2016

I loved learning more about social computation and the power of contributions by many people to reach a common design solution.

By Michael L

Mar 10, 2016

By Wallace L

Aug 28, 2016

I learned a lot! :) thanks coursera and mentors!

By Emily A

Mar 15, 2016

I really enjoyed this class a lot! The assignments directly tested the weekly material and I thought they were useful activities. The end quiz was good to re-think the entire course and reflect on all of the material we learned.

By Sicong C

Jan 16, 2017

It is a great class. But I would like to see more examples and related learning material.

By Anuj M

May 07, 2017

This course is very interesting, informative and same time tough (not easy).

By Pablo P G

Mar 29, 2017

Excellent course, provides tools needed to design applications based on social networks

By Nivedita N

Jan 08, 2016

Very informational . I personally learnt a lot.

By Adriana C