Back to Social Computing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Computing by University of California San Diego

4.4

People are social creatures and the modern Internet reflects that. Technology has made collaboration at a distance possible in new ways that present their own set of challenges. This course will introduce you to the major challenges and opportunities for creating online communities. What does the future hold? Learn how social computing can create collaboration experiences that go beyond what’s possible face to face....

ML

Mar 10, 2016

Really interesting course. Good introduction to the dynamics of group behavior and collaboration. Nice overview of advantages of crowdsourcing, but no mention of any ethical or economic concerns.

MI

Apr 08, 2017

Great course, very practical and a great pack of skills which will help me interpret problems better, especially ones involving multiple people (which is basically all problems.)

51 - 75 of 91 Reviews for Social Computing

By Diego S

Aug 10, 2016

interesting course. Leaves you wanting to read and learn more about social computing.

By Mahmoud I M A

Dec 13, 2015

the assignments wasn't that good

By Ramesh S

Feb 07, 2016

Very useful and thought provoking course.

By Anastasiya S

Jul 31, 2017

The subject of the course is very interesting, but the course assignments weren't very related to the lessons content. Also I felt video material wasn't enough even for the basics, it would be great to have a wider view on the matter.

By Biljana S

Sep 21, 2015

I think this course was inspiring and motivating. I learned a lot regarding the social computing, learned about websites I haven't heard till now, l found more about exploring and searching and the utilization of internet tools. The only reason I gave this course 4 stars is because one of my assignments (week 2 that is), did not get any reviews....

Thank you for the experience!

By om s

Sep 29, 2017

I learnt a new perspective for designing interfaces

By Felipe A

Mar 11, 2016

El curso tiene un nivel bueno.

No se ha cumplido con las condiciones de lo que yo compré en cuanto a que TODOS los cursos disponían de subtítulos en varios idiomas, entre ellos el Castellano. No es así, este curso no dispone de subtítulos en ningún idioma que no sea Inglés. Esto complica considerablemente el aprendizaje pues los conceptos explicados son de muy compleja traducción.

By maria m e

Apr 11, 2016

I found the course very interesting. The weekly assignments were a great challenge, but lacked reference to some reading on the subject.When I went quiz I've found that most of the questions had to do with concepts that weren't covered in the videos. I think that this courser should have further readings about these concepts.

By Gioconda B

Nov 22, 2017

I love the content and the assignments for this course.

By Ymmannuelle V

Jul 03, 2017

The assignments were fun especially the Crowdsourcing one!

By LUCÍA S B

Dec 12, 2015

THE COURSE IS GOOD.

By Susanne D

Oct 04, 2015

Good course. Especially enjoyed the crowdsourcing lectures.

By XIE Y

Oct 11, 2016

Good explanation of concepts, would be better if add more interaction

By Ruchi

Jan 19, 2016

Loved the course! Will definitely try to get my hands on further material to study more.

By Vazgen B

Jun 07, 2016

Great course, but a bit short.

By Allison B

Nov 16, 2016

Great way to learn about subtleties of working with global teams around the world and excel in these environments. As well, the details and how to leverage the power of crow

By Alexander P

Jan 19, 2017

good course

By Louis S

Dec 22, 2015

Gotta watch how the test questions are formulate as it can be overly deceiving......

By Alwin T

May 11, 2019

(My reviews assumes you follow the whole specialization process by UC San Diego) The third part of the HCI specialization offers a good explanations about digital social interaction and coordination, ranging from simple social interaction to something relatively obscure as crowdsourcing. I have to put 4 stars instead of 5 because on the first assignment the task is really vague and we didn't have any examples or guides about what exactly the assignment wanted from us. But aside from that, all of the assignments involved the students clearly.

By Raluca M

Mar 28, 2019

Felt a bit light and not necessary, but it was good info still. Took pleasure in it and actually enjoyed the easy homework.

By Gaurav S

Nov 09, 2018

While explaining the examples, the video tends to divert from the main topics. Moreover, I believe a lot more of study is required to fully grasps the fundamental through other knowledge books and not just rely on videos.

By Kory T

Jan 16, 2019

Some of what was asked in the homework did not match with what was asked in the submission section.

By Maria G P

May 30, 2016

Some of the evaluation methods just allow other people how doesn't do to much work to just pass...

By Faridah F

Apr 10, 2018

It's good, but it needs a lot of improvements.

The videos are not directly related to the assignment, and the assignments are not very clear!

By Susan D

Apr 03, 2016

I thought this was going to be a more comprehensive course about crowdsourcing and using social media to aid the design process. Maybe I missed something, but it fell a little short of the mark for me.