Back to Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation by University of Cape Town

This free 6 week course is for anyone who wants to make a difference. Whether you are already familiar with the field of social innovation or social entrepreneurship, working for an organization that wants to increase its social impact, or just starting out, this course will take you on a journey of exploring the complex problems that surround us and how to start thinking about solutions. We will debunk common assumptions around what resources are needed to begin acting as a social innovator. We will learn from the numerous examples of social innovations happening all over the world. You will be challenged to get out of your comfort zone and start engaging with the diverse spaces around you. By the end of the course, you will have formed your own approach to social innovation, and you will have begun to develop the concepts, mindset, skills, and relationships that will enable you to start and evolve as a changemaker. You will be able to purchase a Verified Certificate if you wish to show evidence of your achievements, but this is optional, and you may apply for Financial Aid if you are unable to pay the certificate fee. The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship co-created this course with RLabs, a social movement ‘born-and-bred’ in Bridgetown, Cape Town that is now active in 22 countries. The movement empowers youth through innovative and disruptive technology by teaching them vital skills and providing much needed support and a sense of community. Advocating and supporting initiatives such as RLabs forms part of the Bertha Centre’s mandate. The Centre is a specialised unit at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, and is the first academic centre in Africa dedicated to advancing social innovation and entrepreneurship. You can view the course trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWYG64WO20 Tweet about this course using the hashtag #socinnMOOC...

SI
Feb 10, 2018

Highly recommended for the change agents who have no background in social entrepreneurship. This course will walk you through step by step into changing the system for the better of humanity habitats.

SA
Jul 2, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot through discussion and project submissions. I have not only learned how to create change in my community but I have taken the first steps to make it a reality.

326 - 350 of 531 Reviews for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

By Ayesha F

Oct 3, 2020

Very helpful and whatever's worthy of appreciation...,!! ✔💯❤

By Okpara C

Aug 31, 2020

Thank you so much for helping me begin My Innovation journey.

By Naufal A

I am very proud of my achievements and will continue to study

By Matai M M

Aug 5, 2020

The best course I have taken in this field. Just brilliant.

By Kaustubh J

Good insight in social innovation initiatives. Recommended.

By Maria L V

Nov 9, 2020

Amei! Amei! Amei! Um dos cursos mais maravilhosos DA VIDA!

By Odensa C

Oct 29, 2020

It's a great and practical course! I highly recommend it.

By RAJVI T 2

Oct 19, 2020

An amazing course for change makers! the best experience!

By Naveen K

Jul 3, 2020

I was nice pleasure to learn new skill Social Innovation.

By VALLEPU S

A great platform of online stydy.useful for every person.

By Yasin B

Apr 26, 2020

I think this is an incredible piece of work, it is a must

By Nitita K

Apr 22, 2020

Great introduction to start the way of social development

By Lucas M O

May 15, 2020

An excellent course, combining theory and much practice!

By Piet M

Jul 14, 2020

The course was informative, challenging and eye opening

By Martina G

Jun 14, 2017

Great course! I learned so much in a very hands-on way!

By Leander S

Jul 1, 2020

It's hard for me but I highly recommend it. Thank you.

By Savitha G L

Jun 24, 2020

Well designed course guiding the social change process

By Luis P

Great course and has allowed me to get a plan together

By Paula M

Jul 4, 2020

Informative and the tasks are manageable with effort!

By Rimjhim R

Jun 28, 2020

excellent course for new innovation and social growth

By Amit K G

Apr 19, 2020

Wow,this course really made me to upgrade my skills.

By Benji L

May 15, 2021

Amazing course, very thorough and lots of examples

By Ayesha A

Aug 3, 2020

This is a very informative and interesting course.

By Danuza N

Apr 21, 2020

Great course. Thank you so much for hight quality.

By SRINIVASA R N

Apr 12, 2018

Excellent course I recommend for all my staff.