Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM
Aug 15, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

526 - 550 of 1,569 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Terrecia W

Aug 27, 2020

I absolutely enjoyed partaking in this course. It was a lot more difficult than expected but I enjoyed the challenge and learned a lot over that last 2 months. Definitely would recommend it.

By Ashley S

Aug 21, 2020

Very thoughtfully set up, as to get you involved in a variety of ways- through videos, readings, discussion boards, etc. It is a very thought provoking course and I would highly recommend it.

By Neetish

Jul 10, 2020

i was caught up in an infinite loop of technology and business courses, this one was a welcome break, a breath of fresh air that helped in expanding the mind and thinking of people as people.

By Chelsea Y

Jul 25, 2020

This course did not only let me extend my knowledge in Psychology but also grow as a person. It is very relevant to the events that are happening in the world and broadens one's perspective.

By Srinivash K N

The course was constructed so good and that it inoculates interest in everyone. I would recommend this to everyone who would like to have a alternate view of life and the happenings around.

By Abhijith G

Absolutely loved the course. I believe it has helped me better understand the workings of human interaction and also to be a better person and will definitely pursue a future in Psychology.

By Claire N

Nov 16, 2020

This course was very informative and interesting! It was such a great experience to me and Professor Plous is an excellent instructor and cares that all of his students learn the material.

By Christopher D B C

Sep 30, 2020

Such an immersive learning experience! You'll come out more knowledgeable and more concerned with the state of our world. This is undoubtedly one of the best courses Coursera has to offer.

By Steffen A M

Jun 7, 2020

This is an awesome course. Life changing content explained with fun. Easy to understand examples and lecture but with so much content and important knowledge!

Totally recommend this course!

By Pearlyn T

Many thanks to Coursera. This is an awesome course which I strongly recommend. I really learned from this online course. Many thanks to Professor Scott for his great work and of teaching.

By Josue P J d F

Dec 29, 2020

Fantastic course! I can easily say it's a life-changing course, not that you become a different person, but the knowledge you can get in this course can help ANY area you are working now.

By Todd B T

Jul 16, 2020

Very interesting class, I really learned a lot. And I absolutely enjoyed Dr Plous, he is a outstanding teacher. I hope I am able to take more classes he instructs in the future.

By Ahmed R E

Jun 5, 2020

If there is one course I would recommend it for anyone, this is the one to go for.

Social Psychology is a great branch to get involved in. Great Professor and interesting course content.

By saachi M

Jun 1, 2020

It was very informative and educative. The course was well laid with proper spacing between lectures and great study work. I strongly recommend this course to Social Psychology aspirants.

By Paola R

Loved this course! The lessons and the readings were always super interesting and useful. It helps you understand small things that happen in the day to day life and it opens a new world.

By Farah Y

Apr 28, 2020

A wonderful course that covers a sweeping range of social issues. It has been an entertaining and educational ride through social psychology and I'm so happy to have completed this course

By Luis G R O

Dec 28, 2020

Is an excellent course, well organized, with a lot of information and a great teacher. I love this course and I keep studying it even after I finished. Thank you Prof Plous and Coursera.

By Tushar D

Sep 14, 2020

Stellar course by Professor Plous. It has mde me think and look at life and its participants from a different perspective, in a different light. Thank you very much Professor & Coursera.

By Josseline A

Jul 29, 2020

Personality I have a great experience taking this course. Now, I have a new vision about the human thinking and people beahaviour. I am very grateful with all the Social Psychology Team!

By Jasmin P

Jul 20, 2020

Very informative and fun. I have to praise profesor Plous for such detailed analyses, documentaries and interesting reading materials. I wholeheartedly recommend this course to everyone!

By Sonam S

Jun 15, 2020

First course and I must say it's set a very high standard. Thoroughly engaged entirely, Prof Scott's a great entertainer who's been able to put this course together beautifully- 5 stars!

By Mary I

Professor Plous is very engaging and made the course very enjoyable to complete. I could listen to more lectures. Thank you for putting this together and making it informative and fun

By Aaron T

What an enjoyable course! I've learnt so much thru out this course and the knowledge given is very useful in our daily lives. And I love Prof. Plous videos! Fun and interactive sessions!

By Emilia M

May 6, 2020

I loved this course! Professor Scott Plous is an amazing professor and I've learned so much about social psychology. Now I kind of miss learning from him, it has been an amazing 6 weeks.

By Perivolaraki M

Dec 16, 2020

This has been an amazing course! It was always fun and interesting. Most importantly, it provides the reader with rare footage and readings from important social psychological research.