Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM
Aug 15, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

626 - 650 of 1,608 Reviews for Social Psychology

By bernice t

Jul 8, 2020

I loved this course. It helped me a lot personally and also just in general with the way i carry myself, the way i interact and handle many situations I am faced with.

By DIPANWITA K

Jul 18, 2020

It was great. I would highly recommend this course to anyone, from any discipline. Professor Plous was an amazing instructor. Thank you so much, everyone at Coursera.

By Anton M

Jun 25, 2020

Professor Plous is a good teacher, the course is very engaging and fun. I learned plenty of new and useful things and found a few interesting topics to study further.

By Hassan Z

Aug 15, 2020

This course will most certainly helps you in every aspects of your life whether its for career or for your personal life. This course will helps you in every aspect.

By Mi T T H

Jul 28, 2020

Thank you for this amazing course. Since I do not have many chances to take courses like this in university, it has been a great journey exploring social psychology.

By Mandy S

Jul 20, 2020

Exceptional course. I learned so much! Extremely eye opening and thought provoking. The instructor was very engaging, and the videos/ bonus reading were exceptional.

By Mr. J M D

Jul 11, 2020

Absolutely great to learn from the COURSE a lot, in present situations and scenario of the WORLD !!!

Thanks a lot to Prof. Plous and Wesleyan University fro that !!!

By Shahzad A

Jun 14, 2020

It was an awesome experience. I gain so much knowledge from this course. This course certificate will definitely help in achieving my future goals.

Thank you so much.

By Jelisaveta J

Jun 13, 2020

Excellent course! I highly recommend to anyone who would like to explore the world of Social Psychology or to just simply learn about themselves and their behaviour.

By Nimusiima L

This was the most enriching study experience I have ever had. Thank you to Professor Plous and Cousera team. My career and influence are forever changed this course.

By Sheethal N S

Aug 10, 2020

I had a great time. It wasn't just about about education, it was more like infotainment. The course was great. Thank you, Mr. Scott Plous. I'll always be grateful.

By NATHALIE A M

Jul 26, 2020

Thanks so much for this very insightful course. I have learnt so much and also a lot about myself. Thanks to Professor Plous for his time, his clarity and empathy

By Haritha.R

Jun 4, 2020

Thankyou sir for this amazing course.Classes are more interactive and interesting....I am so glad that I selected this course.Once again Thankyou and God bless !!

By Monica P

A very insightful and interesting course taken by a passionate and caring professor - Scott Plous. I definitely recommend this to others interested in psychology!

By Emma A

Jun 3, 2020

This was a fabulous course; very in-depth and interesting. I learnt so much and enjoyed it, too! Thanks to Scott Plous and his team for presenting this course.

By Prachi B

Mar 29, 2019

I recommend this course to anyone who is interested in understanding people and relations in general. It is very well designed and Professor Plous is brilliant !

By Eden L

Oct 16, 2020

Really fascinating and eye-opening concepts that get you to look at what is happening in the world through the lens of a social psychologist. Strongly recommend

By Nisrine N

Jun 1, 2020

I loves this course, very rich with a lot interesting real life experiments videos and reading. The instructor Dr. Plous is great, highest respect (Chapeau bas)

By Vinay S

Apr 20, 2020

The course was immensely helpful for giving me a rational and clear perspective. I highly recommend taking this course by super interesting professor Scout Plus

By Hilary D

Sep 3, 2020

I had a great experience taking this course. Not only is it an interesting course, the professor Scott Plous makes things fun to learn. I would 100% recommend!

By Glori V

Jun 24, 2020

Awesome course! I enjoy it because it is very usefull in those days. Help me a lot to understand how connect and be more empathy with my family and community.

By Liew W Y

Jun 17, 2020

Wonderful and interactive programme with great informative videos and guest speakers. And of course, kudos to Scott Plous for delivering such impactful agenda.

By Elena D

Thank you! I had a great experience. This course is great for beginners as well as for people wanting to add and brush-up on their social psychology knowledge.

By Lindhsay S H M

Aug 31, 2020

It is an excellent course, it will serve you in your daily life and above all at the end of the course it will no longer be tiresome but it will be a routine.