Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM
Aug 15, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

676 - 700 of 1,688 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Redempta R C

Sep 18, 2021

Loved being a part of this course. cant thank professor Scott Plous enough for being an amazing teacher and coursera for giving us this wonderful opportunity!!

By Hilary D

Sep 3, 2020

I had a great experience taking this course. Not only is it an interesting course, the professor Scott Plous makes things fun to learn. I would 100% recommend!

By Glori V

Jun 24, 2020

Awesome course! I enjoy it because it is very usefull in those days. Help me a lot to understand how connect and be more empathy with my family and community.

By Liew W Y

Jun 17, 2020

Wonderful and interactive programme with great informative videos and guest speakers. And of course, kudos to Scott Plous for delivering such impactful agenda.

By Elena D

Thank you! I had a great experience. This course is great for beginners as well as for people wanting to add and brush-up on their social psychology knowledge.

By Lindhsay S H M

Aug 31, 2020

It is an excellent course, it will serve you in your daily life and above all at the end of the course it will no longer be tiresome but it will be a routine.

By Amelia C

Jul 17, 2020

Amazing introduction to social psychology, the course was very interactive and covered a wide range of topics. Looking forward to studying this topic further.

By Naveen K

Jun 6, 2020

One of the best courses to understanding the basics of Social Psychology. Course content is good and professor Scott Plous deliver it in an amazing way to us.

By Diane V

May 16, 2020

Very interesting for my first course in Psychology. I liked Professor Pious and his teaching style.

As a result I am taking positive psychology next .

By Richard T

Apr 12, 2019

Fantastic course! The video lectures were very effective and the reading materials quite valuable. Thank you all so very much for this wonderful experience!

By Angie P

Dec 24, 2018

this course is amazing , I want to keep doing it , I don't want it to end !!!

Scott is such a great teacher thank you so much for making it available to us !!

By Sangeeta V

Mar 1, 2021

This was a wonderful journey through which I have learnt a lot. Truly helpful and enjoyable.

Thank You Professor Scott Plous and the whole team of Coursera .

By Babin C

Aug 16, 2020

This course helped me understand myself and the world better. It actually increased my inquisitiveness to understand psychology and neuroscience more deeply.

By Mayjan F B T

Aug 2, 2020

One of the best course I've ever taken and it's completely for free! Thankyou coursera! Thankyou Mr. Scot! You should definitely enroll to this class, guys!

By Holly D

Jun 5, 2021

Extremely interesting course, very engaging, and a joy to participate in. Its planted the seeds for a much larger journey in Social Psychology - thank you!

By Marcus G

Mar 28, 2021

I really liked the course, the content as well as the presentation. Especially Scott's very pleasant and engaging way of talking about the topics. Chapeau!

By Mohana C

Aug 26, 2020

The course was extremely well conducted. Professor Plous was very informative and humorous throughout the length of the course. I loved every minute of it!

By Yunmei L

Jun 14, 2020

This is the first course that I take all the reading and materials seriously. Very insightful! Thank you Scott and everyone who made this course available.

By Marius D

Dec 1, 2020

I loved everything in this course - the professor, the material, the special videos and assignments. Now world will have one more social psychology lover!

By Lauren S

The best part of the course was the Honors discussion with peers. I recommend everyone sign up for that. There are a few glitches with the Snap Shot Quiz.

By Ben M

Jan 18, 2021

This is actually the best course I’ve done so far. It’s comprehensive and the experiment videos are really fun to watch. I would definitely recommend it.

By Teoh G S

Jan 4, 2021

A very well structured and interesting course and I love the way our instructor, Professor Scott conducted the online course. Keep up the good work Prof.

By Mizanur R

Dec 21, 2020

Excellent course with the right mixture of dedication, fun, simplicity, difficulty, exam, and assignments. One of Coursera's top-notch offers. Thank you.

By Seema K

Aug 23, 2020

WONDERFUL COURSE CONDUCTED BY AN EQUALLY WONDERFUL INSTRUCTOR PROF SCOTT PLOUS. VERY HAPPY TO COMPLETE THE COURSE. LOT TO LEARN IN 7 WEEKS TIME. GREAT :)

By Iffat T A

Jul 12, 2020

It was a really amazing course. Learnt so much about human psychology. I would suggest everyone who can do this course, pretty sure you will love it too.