Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

RC
Aug 18, 2019

I loved this course. It covered all the topics I was interested in and was thoroughly engaging and well-organised. Professor Plous is a great teacher and has designed a wonderful course in this MOOC.

851 - 875 of 1,585 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Nivetha

This is an excellent course , I absolutely loved it and it gives the best knowledge about social psychology

By kev m

Apr 21, 2020

A truly eye opening course. I dont think anyone will remain the same as they were before taking this course

By MacAlex, G C D

Apr 14, 2020

This was a great deal of my time investment!!.. The course is sooo interesting, I'd urge anybody to take it

By Eshan M H

Mar 21, 2020

More courses should be designed like this. Very informative, enjoyable and the lecturer was full of energy.

By Veronica M

Apr 3, 2021

great course and a very engaging professor with great material. it was truly enjoyable and worth the time.

By Karen d C

Oct 16, 2020

Great teacher and great subject matter. I really enjoyed learning more about social psychology! Thank you!

By Marina

Oct 16, 2020

Amazing, honestly it motivated me to continue learning about the topic. My best online course experience.

By Paritosh

Jun 2, 2020

i learned a lot from Professor Scout Plous, thanks for this course and making me more humble through this.

By Jan S

It was simply amazing. Thank you professor Plous and his team to the effort and time you all put in to it,

By Inge H

Dec 13, 2020

Great course, very inspiring and interesting and brought in a very pleasant way. Many thanks Prof. Plous!

By Kyle C M C

Oct 5, 2020

really enjoyed this course! it was hard if i would rate it but just focus and will all pay of in the end!

By karlijn v s

Aug 17, 2020

Met veel leer plezier deel genomen. Fijne manier om kennis tot je te nemen.

Voelde me postief uitgedaagd.

By Sokunbi O B

May 4, 2020

To be honest and with almost zero bias, this is one of the best courses I have ever taken, amazing stuff.

By Vanisha C

Oct 26, 2020

I am extremely thankful i came across this course.

Without a doubt it was very informing and educational.

By Esmee N

Aug 14, 2020

This is the best course ever. I have learned so many things. Thank you for offering this amazing course!

By Kevin D

Aug 9, 2020

The best social psychology course! This course has everything you need to learn about social psychology.

By Andy T M Y

Many great insights and examples. A lot of information to take in but you will eventually appreciate it.

By Kusumanjalee T

Jul 29, 2019

Very advanced, updated knowledge in a very interesting form! Really enjoyed it and learned a great deal!

By Sayani S

Oct 13, 2020

Wonderful Course, beautifully structured. So proud that I took this course, learned a bunch. Thank you.

By Geri A O

Sep 25, 2020

Highly recommended! Professor Plous is one of the best instructors I've encountered here in Coursera :)

By Maxine L

Jun 26, 2020

The lectures were very engaging and easy to follow! the assignments were though-provoking and impactful

By Chia S J

Jun 1, 2020

to put it simply, i learnt a lot about myself, and everything around me, and how both affect each other

By Karen D

Apr 8, 2021

Very thought provoking. Easy to understand with a little fun thrown in to make it even more enjoyable.

By Debbie B

Sep 16, 2020

The first online course I have ever completed! So interesting, dynamic and engaging from start to end.

By Vaibhav D

If you have interest in Psychology, This is a great course to dive deeply into it. Highly recommended.