Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

AN
Sep 26, 2020

Such a wonderful course, enlightening, compelling and fun! Professor Plous is an amazing source of education and kindness throughout the 7 weeks.\n\nThank you soon much for this learning opportunity.

1526 - 1550 of 1,693 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Jimmy V

Jun 25, 2021

By José M R P

Jan 24, 2021

Good

By Baraskhan

Nov 30, 2020

Good

By Sona S

Nov 1, 2020

By Nuttaphol H

Oct 26, 2020

good

By I P S A W

Sep 28, 2020

good

By B S R

Sep 6, 2020

Good

By Mahima K - I

Aug 16, 2020

😍😍

By abinesh S

Aug 3, 2020

Good

By AHAMED M T

Jul 31, 2020

GOOD

By Ram K

good

By Arvind T

May 8, 2021

By Ishaan P

Jun 20, 2020

By Char R

Oct 4, 2021

I​ really enjoyed the course for the content it covered and thought Professor Plous was an excellent instructor and lecturer. I loved his enthusiasm for his subject, and for wanting all to understand Social Psychology better. The course was challenging, which is not a negative as it makes you really commit and learn, my 4 and not 5 stars were because I thought some of the assignments were a little to difficult for an online course. I thought the exam was really difficult for an online course, and some of the required reading had to be done online which also is harder for others then some. Doing group ratings is not ideal, I don't think, especially when dealing with so many different cultures. I also thought the Webpage and resume assignment was confusing and sort of detactched especially for students who are older and retired. All in all I am glad I took the course, and would recommend it.