Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

AN
Sep 26, 2020

Such a wonderful course, enlightening, compelling and fun! Professor Plous is an amazing source of education and kindness throughout the 7 weeks.\n\nThank you soon much for this learning opportunity.

1676 - 1690 of 1,690 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Claudia M T L

Aug 1, 2020

Exige inscribirse en una pagina web pagando la membresía.

By Akshit A

Jul 6, 2020

Complicated assingments will end with uncompleted course.

By Briana R

Dec 13, 2020

Please remove me from this class, thank you.

By Juley M

Mar 5, 2021

I am not understanding the assignments.

By Jared E

Sep 10, 2019

Proceeds from a faulty Weltanschuaang.

By Akhil S