Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM
Aug 15, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

226 - 250 of 1,569 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Nguyen D N L

Aug 18, 2020

This course is amazing, fantastic, incredible. I admire Professor a lot, I like the way he teaches and the assignments each week are so interesting. Attending the course brings me so many new and wonderful things. Many thanks to Professor, the generosity of guest video/documents, the mentor in the discussion forums, and all the things that you guys teach me.

By Ashwathi N

Jun 15, 2020

Being an engineering student, I felt I would have a tough time coping up with the subjects pertaining to Psychology and adjusting to the course assignments, however my journey throughout the course has been marvelous. I look forward to establishing a career in Cognitive Psychology and there could not have been a better impetus to my journey than this course.

By 오신

Mar 24, 2021

This was my first course on Coursera and I must say it was such an amazing course. I got to know and understand many new and different things. Professor Plous made it easy for us to understand with so many examples. Even if terms were tough to understand certain examples or experiments made it easy to get the idea of concept. It's definitely a great course.

By Parth L

Jun 18, 2020

An amazing course put together with a clear chain of thought. The course material was perfectly complementing the videos and the teaching was way above par. I always wanted to explore a subject like social psychology which was far out of my comfort zone, and i'm certain i couldn't have found a better MOOC online. Thank you Dr. Plous and Wesleyan University.

By Onisha C

Oct 5, 2020

Its been a wonderful experience being enrolled in this course, a special thanks to professor plous for conducting the course in a engaging, interactive and informative manner. I have learnt so many new things, not to mention the course content is well put together and delivered and also thanks to the mentors for their guidance and support with challenges.

By Rinky B

Jul 25, 2019

Everybody needs to take this course. It simply is that essential. Not only for personal betterment and our daily lives but also as a society. We owe it to eat other and our future generations to come, to provide them a better social environment, in what they can flourish. I am gonna suggest this course to every single soul i know,who could benefit by it.

By Simon B

This course felt like a thorough introduction to social psychology. The subject matter is well taught by Professor Plous, who is enthusiastic and knowledgable, and uses the online medium of Coursera to his advantage. I highly recommend this course for individuals who are curious about social psychology and have little previous experience with the topic.

By Sivakumar S

May 4, 2020

Wonderful Course. I wish to thank Prof. Scot Plous and his team in Wesleyan for this well designed course. The active Discussion Forms, ably supported by the Staffs & Mentors along with the co-students, made it interactive and felt like a real course with interactions. I would strongly recommend this course if you are interested in Psychology. Cheers.

By Anh V L N

Jul 9, 2020

A great start for students who interests in Social Psychology. The course involves a lot of materials concerning common bias and normal psychological human functioning, accompanied by understandable concepts and examples. Various experiments are mentioned to elucidate the psychological foundation of the materials, most of them remain valid these days.

By Christian M

Feb 1, 2020

I have not (yet) finished the course but I'm sure of two things: first I've already learnt a huge amount of things, and second, I want to finish it an know what's ahead. The course is very good, I think, for beginners like me who have a vague notion of how people interact but are striving for a bit more theory and practical examples on the subject.

By Tracey S

Dec 29, 2020

A very interesting course and I learned a huge amount. It took me 7 months, not 7 weeks, due to work committments but the flexibility enabled me to finish it finally. I really enjoyed the content and the presentation was first class. Prof. Plous is a very engaging presenter and he had my complete attention during the lectures. Thank you very much!

By Sandeep S

Aug 4, 2020

One of the best MOOCs of all time. very informative and interesting. Even though I had previous knowledge on many topics the course definitely enhanced it. It had some of the most engaging assignments. Prof. Scott Plous conducted the course amazingly.

Very Very happy with the content. Definitely recommend this course for everyone new to the field.

By Alice W

Jul 21, 2020

Phenomenal professor, great insights into the human psyche. Excellent course for anyone of any background. Content is also highly engaging - it is not just the professor lecturing. He uses a variety of videos and shows social experiments. There was an hour video I thought I'd snore through and was fascinated the entire time. Such a great course.

By Tushar S

Jun 6, 2020

This was the first time I took up a course on social psychology and I have to agree that I'm hooked to this topic. From the wonderful explanations by our professor Mr. Scott Plous to the amazing articles and videos shared in the course, it was a great journey. I thank Wesleyan University and Coursera for bringing this course to us. All the best!

By Miray K

I loved this course. It has been very interesting for me to get this course in these strange times. Throughout the course, I tried to observe and interpret the society in the pandemic era with the help of the learnings of the social psychology. It is not only a course, it is like a life guide. Thank you professor Scott Plous, Thank you Coursera!

By Laura C

Dec 5, 2020

It is the best course I have done! I am glad to have been part of it and to have a great teacher, I really recommend it, I think that whatever vocation they have, each one should do it, because it helps us to know each other more, understand a little more our behavior and how connected we are with other human beings, and the world as a whole.

By VICTOR M B P

Jul 22, 2020

To finish this course for me it is a great success. Because I learned a lot.I am a physician, and I have gained a little bit more comprehension about me , my patients and society, and how society behaves.It is now not just an HONOR but also a great PRIVILEGE to have this wonderful guy Scott Plus as a lecturer and as a teacher.

By Shreeya T

Aug 22, 2020

The course was very insightful, extremely well designed in all aspects. It really ignited an interest in the subject and allowed us to grow personally. Alongside the course syllabus, I'm extremely delighted to see this course use social psychology to actually tackle multiple problems, and to begin a change in the attitudes of participants.

By Khalil A A

Dec 15, 2020

One of the most important courses that I ever had..

We used to ask questions about peoples reactions, attitudes and behaviors until I took this course that opened my eyes about it

Now I started to react differently then I used to do earlier.

An easy way to teach and to learn and the quizzes as mini testes was very helpful

By Brendon B

Oct 26, 2020

This was a bit challenging and it took me a while to complete it, however I am very thankful for this course and also a very big thank you to professor Plous for his hard work and dedication. I must say thank you to everyone who has made this course possible. Every knowledge that I've gain in this course will surely be put into practice.

By Paula R

Jun 14, 2020

Thank you very much for the time, the knowledge you share! I feel super lucky and grateful. I learned a lot, in understanding many things that one does automatically identify them in order to be a better version of one. Having more information on how you react to certain things helps us personally and as a society! Thanks Scott Plous !!!

By Teresa K

Nov 15, 2020

Wow, this class offered so much valuable information and was presented warmly by Scott Plous. It was very well organized and had a wide variety of materials, including lecture videos, text reading, journal articles, documentary videos, even a song! This was better than some in-person university courses I've taken. My highest praises.

By Dhwani R

Jun 28, 2020

A truly fantastic and brilliantly curated course! I firmly believe that every person should take this course, because you can see it from any eye and get what they most need from it. Some fascinating revelations on human behaviour that should be common knowledge, taught by a fantastic professor and awesome TAs in the discussion forums.

By EZGI Y K

It was an amazing journey, I have learned so much during this course, the material and the presentation of it was very fulfilling. I have gained a new perspective about social situations and people's behavior. I would like to thank Prof. Scott Plous for his dedication and enthusiasm, it has certainly passed on me and kept me motivated.