Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM
Aug 15, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

701 - 725 of 1,581 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Magnus S

Professor Plous provides a very interactive and engaging way to learn and comprehend all of Social Psychology's terms and concepts. I loved it.

By Onah C L

The time and efforts put into this course was worth it, I enjoyed myself all the way from the beginning to the end.

Thanks Professor Scott Plous

By Abhijeet t

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent course on Beginners' social psychology. I recommend it to everyone from different stream to learn and bring out the positive change.

By Nagesh S

Oct 3, 2020

The Course is holistic approach to understand social behaviour. New insights in my understanding the society better and eventually the world.

By Mutiara E

Jul 28, 2020

This is such a great course! I'm thankful for Prof. Plous and everyone who's put a lot of effort in this course. Thank you for the knowledge.

By Марьяна Р

May 13, 2020

This is the best course of all that I have taken! I really enjoyed it! The professor is the best! I really love love love every second of it!

By veronica s

Aug 11, 2020

I really interesting course where you learn a lot, get new perspectives and enjoy the insightful and delightful presentations by Prof. Plous

By S. M N Z

Jul 22, 2020

An exceptional experience, learnt a lot. Changed my views and perceptions. Everyone should try this course. It'll have life changing effect.

By Kilsis J

Jun 9, 2020

I really enjoyed the class. I learned new things that if I had not taken the course I would not have learned. I enjoyed the teaching method.

By Victor R P

Thank you for this course. It has been a different experience to what I expected and I experienced in other courses, thanks professor Plous.

By Grace K W F

May 4, 2020

Definitely worthwhile, and I can't believe it is for free! Everyone should take this and learn more about themselves and people around them!

By Douglas A F

Mar 15, 2020

Amazing course. Lots of interesting studies and facts are presented. It is very usefull for daily live and the knowledge obteined was great.

By Jody C D M

Sep 7, 2020

The course was very interesting! Prof. Plous was very knowledgeable and easy to connect with in the way he taught. Very much appreciate it!

By Amrit T

Aug 21, 2020

what can i say. I enjoyed each chapters, each illustrations and everyday i learn something new. I am actually sad that course get finished.

By Kasim s

Jun 23, 2020

such a wonderful course, it has been an amazing journey with professor Scott . I have learned a lot and would strongly recommend to others.

By Ona M

Feb 23, 2020

Such a great and insightful course! Prof. Plous does a wonderful job to make the course feel authentic, engaging and extremely interesting.

By Medina

Mar 16, 2021

Very fun and informative course, something everyone should enroll in whether or not they want to pursue a career in psychology or similar.

By Leonardo D O

Jan 11, 2021

I Had a great experience doing this course, and I am recommending to every one that really wants to know more about social and psychology.

By Max S

Dear Professor Plous and all those who helped create this course, Thank you so much for a wonderful, fun and engaging learning experience!

By Tadej H

May 4, 2020

This course is great, very informative and easy to follow. Prof. Plous is an amazing teacher and it is really nice to follow his lectures.

By Olga S

Nov 4, 2019

An excellent course. Though I did not take the quizzes or tests, I still learned a great deal from the lectures and readings. Thank you!

By Anthony P

Sep 26, 2020

An amazing course and well delivered. Thanks to Professor Plous, staff & moderators, Wesleyan University and all those behind the scenes.

By Scarlette H

Jul 2, 2020

Thank you to professor Plous to encourage me, inspire me, and help me to obtain more acknowledgment throughout the process of the course.

By Miriam G

May 12, 2020

very informative and I loved the lectures :-) I have learnt so much about us as as individuals in our society. I definitely recommend it!

By Marre R

Mar 22, 2020

Enrolling in this online course has proven to be one smart decision! Professor Plous made this class seem enjoyable and very interesting!