Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM
Aug 15, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

726 - 750 of 1,482 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Eduardo C

Mar 30, 2020

Professor Scott Plous as become a role model to me. Thanks for this course. I'm deeply passionate about social psychology now.

By Andrea V

Nov 7, 2019

I loved the course, the resources, and the lectures. It includes great interviews with amazing professionals. 100% recommended

By Frances E M

Jul 21, 2020

I really enjoy this course. I learn a lot of new things on social psychology. Thank you coursera and Mr. Scott Plous. Amazing

By SOHOM A

Feb 17, 2020

Amazing Course. The method of teaching and course content are amazing. Thank you so much for offering such a valuable course.

By Alanya C

Dec 27, 2020

This course has changed my perspective on life (and love). It is well organised and easy to follow. I highly recommend this!

By ROBERTO F R

Jul 31, 2020

Wonderful course. Very complete and lots and lots to learn. Congratulation and thanks of doing this course available online.

By Alexandre M

Jul 5, 2020

One of the best (if not the best) course I took on Coursera, it is well done, fun and filled with very relevant information.

By Ally B

Jun 21, 2020

Fantastic course! I loved it and so appreciated the energy put into its creation. Wonderful learning and growing experience!

By Shrish

Apr 20, 2020

This course was a life-changing one. Challenging many of my stereotypes. Very entertaining. Thanks to Coursera and the prof.

By Rachael F

Sep 17, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed taking this course! Thank you Professor Plous for all your efforts put in to the material and lectures.

By Esteban

May 3, 2019

I just loved this course, it was really interesting, full of great data and information. Great interviews. Well done team =)

By Ayesha M

Jun 12, 2020

An amazing and intriguing introduction to social psychology. Professor Scott is an amazing instructor.

Hats off to the team!

By Trần N T V

Jul 5, 2020

I love this course so much. It is my motivation for further study in this social psychology. The lecture is so insightful!

By Devikrishna V M

May 16, 2020

Very thought-provoking and easy to understand. The lectures are amazing and the assignments provided are fun and engaging!

By Patricio E A M

Oct 14, 2020

In my opinion the course has excellent techniques and methods to teach and learn. Thanks a lot!

Patricio Avendaño Morales.

By Jose E I C

Aug 1, 2020

Wow, this is hands down the best course I've ever done.

Knowing all of this, and used correctly, is literally a life hack.

By Loïc V

Jun 14, 2020

Really instructive and enjoyable course! Highly recommended. Pr Plous is a really good teacher with a good sens of humor.

By Dartagnan P J

Nov 5, 2019

This course so far has provided me with materials and scientific knowledge on some major topics that were unclear to me.

By Ricardo R

Oct 29, 2019

Es un excelente curso, divertido, puntual brinda los conocimientos necesarios para introducirse a la psicologia social.

By Steven R

Nov 3, 2020

Awesome course material, various learning methods to soak in all information, easy to follow as well! VERY interesting

By Jen

May 8, 2020

Informative, enjoyable, well structured with some really great content on a variety of social psychological phenomena!

By Aimen S

Aug 8, 2019

Thank you so much coursera. I enjoyed my journey all through the course. the guidelines given by the team helps a lot.

By Ximena C

Jul 3, 2020

very useful for life and work, we can use this information for personal growth and for better comprehension of others

By Maria C C

May 22, 2020

Great course!! Congrats to Scott for making a fun and interactive opportunity for Social Psychology!

Hello from Chile

By Xavier D

Apr 21, 2020

Excellent information/Course, Will retake for sure. Please if could be possible a specific course on Psychology itsel