Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

AN
Sep 26, 2020

Such a wonderful course, enlightening, compelling and fun! Professor Plous is an amazing source of education and kindness throughout the 7 weeks.\n\nThank you soon much for this learning opportunity.

1651 - 1675 of 1,693 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Lenin L

Jul 6, 2020

Didn't like it. Too much Social, very little psychology.

Platform was good tho, many external resources but the content in my opinion is someway biased into social comment.

I recommend it only if you're really into social type careers.

By Yongkyung C

Apr 25, 2020

The contents of the course are absolutely terrific, but the technical support is terrible; quizzes are not visible, and it is simply not possible to participate in the requisite class activities.

By Juan C E

Aug 7, 2020

It dis not wok for me at the first assignment the links didn't work and I did not understand what I have to do. I contacted the forum and the response wasn't useful.

By Yiyang W

Nov 8, 2020

Too many links, and I cannot open them, despite I want to learn more knowledge.

By Dhairya V

Aug 4, 2020

More of an advertisement than a course.

By Siddharth R S

Exam needs to improve the results

By Sabrin Y

Jul 5, 2020

I don't get most of the lesson.

By Ярославна К

Apr 17, 2021

Конечный тест был с ошибками

By Theresa E

Jun 17, 2020

Confusing

By Laurie P

Mar 29, 2021

Boring.

By Carolina J P

Aug 27, 2021

unfortunatly, I really belve this was going to be a fn learning and get some new skills, this course is more reading hundreds of pages than what the professor really explains to yo, i recently finished a ancient philosophy course and the professor she was amazig, everything that we needed to know, she explained in tons of videos and couple or reading, but this course for me was boring, someties teachers ad instructors beleive that teaching is giving books to students and that is it, they will learn, that is not like that, the is ld old school, and not even saying about the test, the majority of the questions are from the hudreds of pages readings, this is so old school, the other course the final test was only 10 questions, it was so fun, she made us create projects, made us think but this was a few videos barely explaininng what we really needed to learn and the final test: 30+ questios, really? This was a waste of time and money which thankfully was not too much

By Jennifer K

Oct 7, 2021

While the course is very interesting, the assignments for getting the certificate are not. Unfortunately, the course pressures learners to sign up on their Social Psychology Network site - preferably using the paid tier. Assignments deal more about learning to use SPN and other partner sites and not so much what was taught in the week. Other unrelated tasks include writing a CV or publishing a SPN profile page. Having to use and learn the partner sites might have been acceptable, if someone is enrolled with Wesleyan University and not doing a single Coursera course.

By Laurie L

Mar 10, 2021

I have been unable to reach the Coursera team. I wish to be removed from this course. I have had numerous issues submitting assignments and have lost interest in completing the course. You can see by my other successfully completed Coursera courses, I work diligently to fulfill education commitments I have made. No refunded is needed as the course was offered through the Minnesota Unemployment Program during the pandemic.

By PAOLA Y M G

Mar 6, 2021

The curse is very cool but is horrible send homeworks and wait califications to them. So, I don´t think to finish. Also is almost necessary obligatory be member in other pag, i don´t remember name, but i don´t like it

Oct 11, 2020

The course is actually amazing. But I've realized it's not for me, but I am unable to unenroll in the course which is why I am giving the course one star.

By Karina C

Jul 6, 2020

I abandoned the course because I found the first task extremely complex and useless for my learning (I am not interested in research methodology).

By Donna T

Jan 26, 2021

This class, I am happy to have had the pleasure to take, but was unhappy with it, seemed like something was missing in it.

By Kankanamalage c a s

Dec 27, 2020

I have already completed full cause.but i didn't received certificate yet.i enrolled free.use less

By Pablo L M

Apr 30, 2020

Social Psychology is a field of study that has no concern for ethics. It deeply disturbes me.

By Vernon R V H

Jan 21, 2020

It is too difficult for me to submit answers to a https site I don't know how to do. I quit.

By Nilabh P

Apr 29, 2020

cant able to pass the first assignment , i think there is some problem in the software

By ANU M J

Sep 28, 2020

dissapointing because i cant attend the quiz without joining in a spn membership

By Khouchaba R

Oct 29, 2020

i don't need this course because i want to take a class of children psychology

By Julian D R