Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV

Jun 13, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

RC

Aug 19, 2019

I loved this course. It covered all the topics I was interested in and was thoroughly engaging and well-organised. Professor Plous is a great teacher and has designed a wonderful course in this MOOC.

176 - 200 of 1,042 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Sowmya T

Jun 07, 2020

One of the best Mooc's I've taken. You can tell a lot of effort has gone into designing this. It keeps your attention, keeps you engaged, and make you take action. Kudos to Prof Scott Plous. A must-do for everybody! Studying psychology had always been on my bucket list and I'm glad I got to do it on Coursera with Prof. Scott Plous.

By Choo B

Apr 24, 2020

What an awesome course. Thanks Professor Scott Plous and everyone who has been a part of this incredible journey. Also would like to thank all my peers in this course for reviewing my work and sharing their thoughts on the discussion forums. I've learned so much from this course and look forward to apply this to my everyday life.

By Manuela H

Jul 12, 2020

The best course I have taken. Professor Plouse makes every lecture interesting. The amount of material, reading and videos astounded me. It is extremely complete and fun. The assignments are all fun and interesting. It has changed me in many ways, from understanding other behaviors to understanding my own. VERY RECCOMENDED!!!!!!

By Jamie C

Aug 02, 2020

Excellent course. I strongly recommend this course to anyone with an interest in social psychology and who wants to learn more. Professor Scott Plous is an engaging and charismatic teacher who clearly presents the content and makes it enjoyable to learn. The final exam is challenging and extremely rewarding when it is passed.

By Maria

Feb 03, 2020

Amazing program. The course is very well organized and supported by different materials. Professor is a real professional not only in his area but as a lecturer, enjoyed listening him. I will recommend this course to my friends as it is very useful in daily life but not only for those who studies psychology or related fields.

By Marcos P

Jun 14, 2019

One of my all-time favorites. This course is incredibly insightful and offers many practical lessons. Prof. Scott Plous is super warm, knowledgeable, and engaging; it was a privilege having him as an instructor. I wish this course was taught at all schools; we'd have a so much better society if it was. 11/10 would recommend.

By Desanka M

Jul 25, 2020

Amazing experience! I had a chance to learn a lot about social psychology, many important things that can be used in everyday life.

Scott is amazing professor, video lessons are high quality, interesting and fun to watch - they made me laugh so many times. Assignments are fun to do too.

I recommend taking this course 100%!

By Maryia P

Jun 13, 2020

I am very grateful to professor Scott Plous and everyone who took part in for this amazing course. Despite that there is a lot of academic information and sometimes it is difficult the course is interesting and fun. I got much knowledge about our everyday life and inspiration to learn some topics deeply. Highly recommend!

By Baria O

I took this course during the lockdown period with the intention to just to keep my mind of this epic times and use it in something useful .but once I started the course I found out that it has a lot to offer and it gave me a lot of new and unexpected percpective on human behaviour and beliefs . I enjoyed it very much

By Juan J E L V

Jun 30, 2020

Professor Plous is undoubtedly a great academic who always motivates you to keep learning. The course is quite complete in terms of the basics and cites many studies with "name and surname" (as we say in Chile). The course also has a lot of associated material that allows you to really enjoy the course.

I recommend it!

By Onyinye, A

May 09, 2020

The course social psychology worth the stress. It is one of the online courses i studied recently and I learnt a lot from it which i wish to apply to my daily life especially "standby intervention", compassion day assignment and "how to buy happiness." thanks you very much my instructor. You did a wonderful Job here.

By Mirela I

Oct 28, 2018

This Course is very interesting. It keeps me involved in finishing it even if I'm running out of time. The way Prof Plous presents the course is awesome. The course materials are very modern and interactive.

It makes me explain myself a lot of situations I have experienced.

Everything it's wonderful about this course.

By Vedha N

May 16, 2020

Prof. Plous's lectures are very interesting and engaging. I was able to apply some of the concepts I learned in the course at my workplace, and they actually worked. I am able to analyse group behaviors and can give scientific explanations for everyday happenings. I am SO SO glad I took this course. It was amazing!

By Karl M A P

I was amazed at how entertaining and informative the class was. Scott Plous makes a good punchline if given the chances and he also describes the terms in a way that you can easily understand it. The exam was a challenge but luckily Scott Plous' method of making the terms easier will help you remember the concepts.

By Dimple Y

Mar 04, 2019

This course has been immensely enriching and quite interesting one! The concepts are explained with so much clarity it almost feels as if you are in some classroom. The assignments too are quite innovative and interesting. Would recommend it to anyone who is interested in social psychology concepts and tits bits.

By Perry N G P

Jun 13, 2020

This is one of the best MOOC I ever had. I hope to apply every bit of learning I had in this wonderful and very informative course. the videos are interesting and the reading materials are very much substantial. I will surely invite my family and friends to take this online course. Kudos! Thanks Professor Scott!

By Kevin L S

Oct 30, 2018

I would not have thought Social Psychology would be this interesting. This course is very educational and interesting; things I am learning from this course can be applied to everyday life and with all forms of relationships -- personal or otherwise. Great work to Westleyan University and Professor Scott Plous!

By Jyothula S M C

Jun 20, 2020

Exceptional is the word. I value knowledge a lot, the mere thought that I have learnt new things over the course of seven weeks that has the brilliant potential to change my life for good makes me happy. What more can I ask for from a MOOC? Thanks to everyone who made this course possible.

Love,

Mukhesh Jyothula

By Suvajanee A

This is the best course for everyone who interested in psychology. The topics are very interesting and relatable in your everyday's life. Lecturer gives out clear information which very easy to understand and remember. The lecture is enjoyable with some quiz to keep you active which is not too hard to answer.

By Natalia A R

An excellent course. It really changes the way we look at the world. I work in publicity and I totally recommend this course to improve abilities in my area, but I am pretty sure it can work on any line of work and the most enrichment aspect is that the course can, actually, makes you a better human been.

By Abhay K V

Jul 20, 2020

This was my second online course, the first one I left mid way. I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this learning process. My thanks to Prof. Plous for creating such an interesting course that I was glued to it and not only did I complete it in time but also learnt a lot of new concepts. Thank you !!!!

By Sanduni S

Jun 03, 2020

I am very new to the field of psychology and this course enhances my interest in investigating on different branches of social psychology. Thank you so much Wesleyan University and Coursera for the opportunity which I was given. I recommend this course anyone who has a passion to learn social psychology.

By Kathryn H

Apr 17, 2019

Although I have not been able to spend as much time on this class as I would like, I find the information presented and the way it is presented to be fascinating. It has truly helped me stop and look at my responses to things and to be open to looking at things in different ways. Kudos to the instructor!

By Angela L

Really enjoyed this course! I think it is quite complete and touches on a lot of different terms. Definitely recommend it for whoever is interested in psychology and would like an introductory course on the matter. It is also fun and useful, as what is learned can be applied to life and work situations.

By Jennifer L

Jun 15, 2020

The course is very clear and contains various videos, lectures, readings and even guests lectures. The essays are very interesting too. I loved this class, I learned things that will last and help me both personally and professionally. And the teacher is amazing, this course is really worth your time!