Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

RC
Aug 18, 2019

I loved this course. It covered all the topics I was interested in and was thoroughly engaging and well-organised. Professor Plous is a great teacher and has designed a wonderful course in this MOOC.

201 - 225 of 1,571 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Julian R

Sep 4, 2020

Great introductory course to social psychology. The lectures, readings, and assignments are well-organized, clear, inclusive, and interesting. It provides many resources to learn the course's content while keeping you engaged and also to explore beyond what is taught in class. Many thanks to professor Plous for his good work on this great, interactive, and informative online course.

By Nadia J

Aug 23, 2020

Extremely interesting course! I am so pleased that I took this course, I've learned a lot about our society and myself. I think this course really open your eyes to the reality and it helps you use good technique to create greater good. Professor Plous is an expert on this course and the way he teaches is awesome. The staff of the course is amazing. Definitely recommend this course.

By Anna S V C

Jul 20, 2020

One of the best course I have ever taken! Thanks to Scott Plous and the team that made possible this course. I really value each of your efforts, the passion you have for the fields shows. I am really inspire by you, I did not only learn more about people for professional matters, but it made me a better person! Keep spreading this knowledge. Thank you so much. Greetings from Mexico

By Yolanda Z

Jul 18, 2020

I genuinely enjoyed this course, it really opened up my mind and helped me understand certain aspects of life I would have not thought about before. I am able to use everything I learnt in these 7 weeks in my day to day life. Special thanks to Professor Plous who always kept the the lectures interesting, I truly appreciate the dedication that went into making this course a success!

By MARIA E V B

Oct 31, 2020

Loved the course. It really pushes you to learn. It has super challenging articles to read and super well planned videos. I must admit in was too much for me in the beginning and left it for a few weeks, but then I came back ready to catch up and with the goal to finish the course. Professor Scott Plous is the best!

By the way, does he have other courses? If so, I wanna enroll too!

By David R

Oct 6, 2019

Thank you Prof. Plous - this course you created be far exceeds any other MOOC (or even in-person course) I've ever attended. Your passion for the subject matter is pleasantly infectious and the learning curve is a steady, but gentle meander up towards a better understanding ourselves, others and society in general. Thanks again and may all go well with you and yours into the fut

By Silvia T

Dec 9, 2020

1. This course was truly enjoyable and inspiring!

2. All topics were covered in depth . Both the video lectures and the readings were very informative.

3. Most importantly, the lectures reveal a multitude of inconvenient truths and other important observations about human behaviour. As I am completing the course, I hope that I will be smarter and more aware in social situations.

By Novikov D S

Jun 11, 2020

Thank you so much for this admirable course, it was the best educational time that I've ever had. I received enormous quantity of valuable information that I can use in ordinary life. Moreover I completely changed my way of thinking, attitudes, perception, behavior, etc. Will with a great pleasure continue studying this theme by reading Mayer's book and observing explorations.

By Joseph M

Apr 24, 2020

A great course for self realization and it was an experience rather than a course.It helped understand to a certain extend why we interact the way we do .The professor was really engaging and made the course very interesting through animations,interviews,experiments,great reading materials and even a bit of music.The peer graded assignments brought a life changing impact in me.

By Prof. A N

Jul 27, 2020

The Social Psychololgy course offered by Weslyean University is well structured and comprehensive. I learnt many things such as pursuation, the causes and forms of agression, causes and management of conflict, nature of prejudice and how it is nurtured etc.,

I highly recommend this course to all those who are interested in understanding oneself in relation the world we live in.

By Babak C

Jun 7, 2020

I really appreciate professor Scott Plous and his team for this enjoyable course. Also thank you Coursera for this great opportunity that you provide for us to pass this course.

In this course, I have learned a lot about social psychology and its connections with different topics such as climate change and lifestyle that will be very helpful in my future activities and choices.

By CHENTOUF M

Jun 5, 2020

Hello,

I would like to thank Pr. Scott Plous for this wonderful course that was among the best MOOCs I have ever taken. The content was well designed and very rich which enabled me to learn new insights and explore various perspectives regarding the dynamic area of social psychology. I think this field is able to promote more love, peace, and mutual understanding in our world.

By Usha M K

May 3, 2020

Excellent course, with the best instructor. Thank you Professor Plous for always having a happy countenance and making this learning experience more enjoyable and interesting. Every concept is well explained, the course is modeled perfectly with the right pop up questions, assignments and healthy discussions in the forums that keep us engaged. I highly recommend this course!

By Anja-Madlen L

Dec 31, 2020

This is the best class you can ever take on Coursera - really - take it! Prof. Plous and his team did such an outstanding work on creating a FUN learning environment for you to learn from at home. So many surprising insights and learnings and all that provided in such a well ordered way. Really I can only recommend this class. Thank you to everyone who made this possible!!!

By Katherine K

Jul 19, 2020

I took two psychology units during my university years. I liked the material then, but the lecturer was not able to deliver it comprehensively. This course, however, was great for touching on various topics concerning society and human nature. I found the assignments purposeful and creative. Thank you for putting all the hard work to make this available as an online course!

By Christopher O

Jul 12, 2020

This is a fantastic and well designed course. The course Leader Scott is friendly, fun and I am going to miss his energy and fun attitude. Some of the course touches on important studies in Psychology. This is useful to anyone as it can be used in daily life to improve yourself and your relationship with others, as well as help you understand why things happen in the world.

By Juan J S G

Jun 11, 2020

It is not my first course through coursera and it will definitely not be my last. For now it is the best I have studied through this platform, the teacher has spent long hours preparing the 7 weeks of content, there is a wide variety of content to lean on and whether or not you have prior knowledge in the field of social psychology is interesting. Congratulations professor!

By Samantha L A C

Really interesting and engaging material. The videos use a good mix of materials, such as animations, TED talk excerpts, and pictures that contribute nicely to the topics being discussed. The assignments are also varied and connect well to the topics. The professor seems to enjoy teaching and that also makes a positive impact. Overall, I would highly recommend this course.

By Chryseis N

Jun 18, 2020

I didn't want this course to end. One learns a lot, it really provided abundant materials - videos, readings, guest lectures; the assignments are also so well designed that you get much out of them. You can feel the care taken about all the aspects of the course from being interesting to promoting good social values. Thank you, Professor Scott Plous, to you and your team.

By Shubham P

Apr 23, 2020

The course content is beautifully designed. Even a person having no background of Psychology subject can easily learn. I sincerely thanks Prof Scott Plous for creating my interest in the subject. It is an award winning course content. I also sincerely thanks COURSERA for providing such a beautiful platform for online studies. You are the best companion in this Lock-down.

By Rahul R

Mar 6, 2021

Really amazing course. I learnt so much about interpersonal skills and how humans interact with one another. The course material was top notch and the support received was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is looking to gain useful insight into how social relationships work and the scientific concepts behind our everyday behaviour.

By Rodica B

Jul 28, 2020

Thank you very much for a really amazing course! In fact, I personally feel that it is one of the courses that has the biggest impact, at least for me. It opened my eyes to see how things really work in human society. It seems that this information should be learned by everyone from an early age. I belive that this can be the way the world can become a better place.

By Thanyanuch T

Aug 2, 2020

Outstanding. The course contents cover very useful topics about the relevance of psychology in an everyday life. It requires serious commitment from the student in terms of assigned materials and weekly assignments. However, the hard works are justified considering a great amount of care given to the creative teachings and the marvelously curated course materials.

By Karen N M V

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn with you.

Each of the topics and readings gave me information that has changed my perception of many things.

I will apply everything in my work (customer service)

The course is dense in terms of content but I have recommended it with my friends.

Thanks to all the Plous team. Wesleyan's courses have not disappointed me.

By Tracie T

Jun 3, 2020

I loved this course and Dr. Plouse. I feel like I learned so much and it was enjoyable and kept me engaged. I signed up for this course as a requirement for continuing education for my job. I honestly thought it was going to be a lot easier than it was lol but it wasn't just another BS internet course. I would definitely take another course on Consera.

Tracie T.