Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP
Dec 11, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM
Dec 26, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

501 - 525 of 580 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Pratik K

Mar 30, 2019

please include 30 optional theoritical questions and answers so that we can revise our concepts well. and also give us pdf notes for all the chapters including slides also...

By Souryadeep B

Jul 16, 2018

This is extremely enlightening as a beginner course to photovoltaics. I have definitely been motivated to learn more on this topic through whatever sources in the future.

By Krzysztof A

Oct 3, 2017

A decent course on the fundamentals of solar cells. Advised for anyone interested in the subject before reaching for more advanced textbook publications or courses.

By DEBOLINA P

Jul 2, 2020

I am really grateful to coursera to give such opportunity to learn the basic of solar cells and many more things about the solar cells which are not known to me.

By Abdul M K

Jan 23, 2020

I think reading section should be changed to video lectures and video lectures should also include some description of solar calculation done by teacher itself.

By Venkateswaran K N

Nov 30, 2018

Course gives an excellent overview to complete novices. Would recommend to learner's like me who are not in the solar field, looking to expand their knowledge.

By Shubham S

Aug 9, 2020

Happy to have this course

This help me to understand the working, construction, installation, advantage and disadvantage of different types of solar cells

By Matthijs F

Nov 10, 2019

For me, the topic of conventional solar technology was really interesting and useful. The other technologies discussed in the last week were a nice bonus.

By Wong Y

Nov 16, 2017

This course is really good and informative although I do not really understand certain parts clearly as I am not familiar with the technical terms used.

By Jennifer F

The course is really interesting, the teacher explains well, but some times I wish there were more visual elements to help the learning process.

By Andrés F C B

Nov 8, 2017

The course is very interesting and present a useful way to understand the behavior and fabrication of solar cell through different technologies.

By KARTHIK N G

Sep 24, 2020

it was a beautiful course which anyone will be able to benefit from and also learn and understand the science behind the solar cell technology

By Bernardo P

Jul 12, 2020

This course gives you information about how solar cells work and the different types of them and has interesting topics with good information.

By Stephan L

Apr 27, 2019

One of the best courses I 've done on coursera. It is scientific and informative. In my opinion the didactic in the 1st week is just ok.

By Lukas A B

Jul 7, 2020

The course was really interesting and gives a lot of new things to me. I really appreciate the teams who created this course. Thank you

By VAIBHAV G

Jun 12, 2020

This Course is for beginners who has little/less knowledge of solar Cell.The teacher teaching skills is at its best. I like the course.

By RUTURAJ B

May 5, 2020

This course was an awesome experience but it is highly recommended to add a reference to research papers and project thesis if possible

By Rigel K S

Oct 28, 2020

4.8 rate actual it's a very good course and it's very interactive. Made it very good and nice for a student to learn efficiently too.

By adham m o m

Oct 30, 2019

A great course I really enjoyed it as it fit into my need for being more aware of the terminologies and ideas related to solar cells.

By Bhavin B

Jul 1, 2020

This Course Is encourage To Humen Being For Future Application And Demand Of Solar Cell Energy And It's Advantages And Uses.

Feb 16, 2019

Very interesting topic, very good selection of materials, but he exercises and quizzes were just to simple. At least for me.

By Dhyana C B

It gave me a proper introduction solar cell technology and helped understand the basics in it's production and development.

By Aniket R

Sep 3, 2020

Nice course. Additional Resources are wonderful. videos can be made much more informative. reading contents are also good.

By Bakare A A

Jan 1, 2020

This course is full of insights and I'm leaving here having learned a lot due to the simplicity and delivery of lecture

By Lokesh N

Teacher could have made it more interesting by changing the way he speaks. His colleagues were very

enthusiastic