Back to The Science of the Solar System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of the Solar System by Caltech

Learn about the science behind the current exploration of the solar system in this free class. Use principles from physics, chemistry, biology, and geology to understand the latest from Mars, comprehend the outer solar system, ponder planets outside our solar system, and search for habitability in our neighborhood and beyond. This course is generally taught at an advanced level assuming a prior knowledge of undergraduate math and physics, but the majority of the concepts and lectures can be understood without these prerequisites. The quizzes and final exam are designed to make you think critically about the material you have learned rather than to simply make you memorize facts. The class is expected to be challenging but rewarding....

CE

Mar 04, 2020

Learning facilitated by good lecturing, well prepared lectures and excellent quizzes.\n\nLecturer Mike Brown, enthusiastic about his subject, generous in sharing his knowledge, humorous, and honest.

PK

May 25, 2019

The lectures are engaging and replete with thought provoking material. Professor Brown's in depth knowledge of the field and his passion for planetary science aroused an everlasting curiosity.

101 - 125 of 178 Reviews for The Science of the Solar System

By Ahmed O A

May 31, 2016

The hardest and the most amazing course i have ever taken.

Thank you Prof.Mike for this chance :)

By miguel a g a

Aug 16, 2017

I great great course, full of new data and theories. Thabks the team for their thorough work.

By Tracy M

Aug 12, 2020

I really enjoyed doing this course.I learned a lot.I would recommend this course to others!!

By shakib C

Mar 15, 2018

This course is really outstanding. Thank you, Professor Mike. I'm pleased to learn from you.

By Alejandro D

Mar 05, 2018

Awesome! Highly recommended to anyone interested in astronomy. Thank you Prof. @plutokiller!

By Rima F A

Aug 05, 2020

This class is awesome ! even for someone who previously never learn about planetary science

By Andrew C

May 05, 2018

Really excellent material from a leading expert in the field. I really enjoyed this course!

By Sebastian S

Mar 18, 2018

Amazing! I've enjoyed very much the course and Mike's explanations. He is a great teacher!

By Vivien S

Sep 08, 2020

Extremely good professor!! I learned so much! It was a pleasure to complete this course!

By Peter

Jul 02, 2016

This is a fantastic course. Professor Brown does an amazing job presenting the material.

By Ricardo d L

Aug 05, 2019

Very clear and complete course even for beginners with no background. Dr Brown rocks!

By Bridget K

Sep 03, 2017

This has been my favuorite course so far! Really interesting and totally challenging.

By Maliha S

Sep 03, 2020

This course was really exciting, it was very helpful in exploring our solar system.

By Mauro G

Apr 30, 2017

Thanks to the instructor I enjoyed this course a lot. Waiting to the next one, ciao

By Peter O

Jul 15, 2019

The course was so good, that I forgive Mike Brown for killing my favorite planet.

By Steve B

Sep 03, 2017

Fascinating subjects presented brilliantly by Mike Brown (and his two colleagues)

By Allan E

May 24, 2017

Fantastic. I never knew that the formation of the solar system was so complex.

By Dora A

Very interesting and very professional! Enjoyed immensely and learnt so much.

By Syed M A

Apr 12, 2019

Best teacher and wish every earth science students to learn from him. Thanks

By Johan G

Apr 03, 2017

Great stuff to learn and teached by one of the greatest mind of our decade.

By Mitchell R

Aug 27, 2020

Material was interesting, challenging and the lectures always watchable

By Alexandra R

Jun 17, 2018

Great course, nicely taught and regularly updated. It taught me a lot.

By Gary L

Aug 28, 2020

I learned so much with this course. I thank you for the opportunity.

By ALEXANDRE P N

May 11, 2016

Excellent to view and understand our solar system and its evolution

By Hugo A V

Jan 05, 2018

Excellence is in the simplicity with which they provide knowledge!