Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

CP
Aug 14, 2020

Understandable and easy to access to reading materials recommended in each modules. Benefits to current jobs and will recommend this course to colleagues who have no background on this issue to study.

ES
Feb 26, 2017

Great introduction. It covers a wide range of issues concerning waste management and I thought the material was relevant and reflected my own observations of waste management in developing countries.

151 - 175 of 855 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Ana L C

Dec 17, 2018

Enjoy the course very much.

I feel that it gave me the tools to think better and make better decisions regarding waste management in my community.

I am very thankful to the cursera team for making this course available to us.

By Martha P C S

Oct 8, 2020

The course was excellent, I got too much knowledge about MSW management and be sure that I am going to apply all these topics by giving pieces of advice to the heads of my town in order to enhace the solid waste managment

By Kevin W

Mar 29, 2016

Very well-planned out course. One can see that the organisers put a lot of efforts into this (the slides, the guest speakers and the videos). I wanted to get a brief overview of this subject, but got so much more. Thanks!!

By Belkis C

Aug 16, 2016

Thanks for the course lecturers and providers .

It s a really great opportunity for whom to learn about MSW management. There are key points information about MSW management with enhanced visual materials from worldwide

By Antonio S

Aug 11, 2020

Great course! Excellent didatics of both instructors an good avaliation methods. I have also found the content of the course very revelant nad actual, convering all the aspects in the whole solid waste management chain.

By Suganth R

Jun 18, 2016

Well structured course which is presented excellently. Highly interesting and thought provoking. The topics covered were relevant to the context especially the diverse case studies. All credits to the teaching faculty.

By Nanfuka O

Oct 12, 2019

Very insightful course and loots of relevant information concerning the sector. I recommend it all to practitioners in the field of waste management in developing countries and also for enterprenuers in the same field.

By Stefan S

Mar 14, 2016

This is a brief and very informative course. The mixture of slides, lecture, small tasks and question is an ideal combination. The suggested readings gives the opportunity to get deeper into topics of special interest.

By Soham K

Mar 10, 2016

Wonderful and an inspirational course!

After completing the course, I'm going to try to make compost out of some household waste in my garden. I'll encourage my friends to also learn from the online documents available.

By Amir M S

Feb 26, 2016

An excellent introduction to the key aspects and challenges of waste management - useful for policy makers, researchers, engineers, social entrepreneurs and any one who wants to find out about this important part of

By Efegbidiki L O

Sep 5, 2020

This course was very educative and instructional for developing countries and practitioners on MSW. It should be encouraged for Regulators and Policy makers of Governments in developing countries to participate.

By Murugi K

Jan 30, 2017

This course was very informative and educative. The course lecturers broke every thing down so that it was very easy to understand everything they were talking about. I'm going to put into practice what I learnt.

By JOSÉ N C O

Apr 27, 2016

Un muy buen curso para quienes inician en la gestión de residuos sólidos; para mí es muy importante ya que mi carrera está relacionada directamente con los residuos sólidos. Me está siendo de gran ayuda. Saludos.

By Deepuphanindra G

Jun 18, 2020

it was very good to know this much of knowledge on this course. this course has given all the information i needed about MSW management and now i am crystal clear about this concept. thank you for the knowledge.

By Mathews G

Aug 17, 2016

Excellent course which gives practical knowledge of municipal solid waste management. The process of composting, vermicomposting and biogas treatment are so well explained that even a beginner can implement them

By AYUSH K

May 5, 2020

this is course very much useful in understanding the concept of MSW management in Developing countries. it helps in understanding various techniques of waste management and types of waste generated in the city.

By Ignacio L

Apr 26, 2020

This course provides the basis to act on sustainable waste management of cities, be it as an everyday citizen, as a teacher, as an activist, or as a politician. This is urgent knowledge for sustainable thinking

By KOLPE K B

May 15, 2020

The course was made very much interesting and I learned various new things that i had not known. Also it has helped me and made me motivate to implement the principles that i have learned through this course.

By Dora I

Oct 6, 2019

I am very pleasant about this course because I could learning many subjects and concepts to management waste efficiently as well as to know several waste sources, procedures and effort from others countries.

By JANKIBEN G

Aug 7, 2020

The course is very useful to those interested to learn about solid waste management. It covers almost all the categories of waste with its treatment options. The facts and figures provided are more helpful.

By Tarek M

Oct 10, 2019

Very informative course, much needed in my country Lebanon.

I want to thank you all for your time and effort and I promise you I will used these valuable information to help solving our crisis in Lebanon.

By Luciana S d R

Oct 24, 2016

Um curso excelente! Apresentado de uma forma clara e com uma visão de praticidade, para que os conhecimentos possam não só ser entendidos e absorvidos, mas, na medida do possível, divulgados e utilizados.

By Karina V

Apr 21, 2019

El curso está cargado de información valiosa y datos, además se ofrecen lecturas para ampliar por cada tema. Los profesores que lo imparten son amenos, colocan ejemplos y datos a lo largo de cada módulo.

By Carlos À Z J

Sep 9, 2016

Es un curso muy interesante y muy técnico, tiene mucha instrucción y da muchas alternativas de libros de donde sacar muy buena información, sobre todo en estos tiempos que se utiliza mucho el Internet.