Back to Spanish Vocabulary: Meeting People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Spanish Vocabulary: Meeting People by University of California, Davis

¡Hola! ¿Como Estas? In this entry level course, you will take the first step toward exploring the foundations of Spanish grammar and pronunciation, and will begin to build a working vocabulary of common Spanish words and expressions. You will be able to talk about yourself, your family and friends in the present tense, and begin to explore the cultural context of the Spanish-speaking world through a series of videos and interactive activities, including speaking, reading and writing exercises. The adventure begins here, so ¡vámanos!...

GT
Dec 29, 2020

This course is very interacting! Though they only give brief lessons, what I like about it the most are the activities it offers for you to brush up your skills more. Definitely a good recommendation!

MP
Nov 9, 2018

Although it took me a while to warm to the idea of doing peer review exercises, and having to video record and upload work, actually I think this is an important part of the course and really useful.

51 - 75 of 601 Reviews for Spanish Vocabulary: Meeting People

By Elena Z

Dec 13, 2020

It was very interesting and exciting this short Spanish course! The teacher Dr. Robert Blake had such calm and clear voice that took away any stress or anxiety I had when I wondered if I could follow up the course. The lesson is very good organised and the grammatik rules very nice explained. I am very happy for this opportuntity. Thank you!

By Jeric V

Oct 15, 2020

This course is a fun and a good way to practice your writing and speaking skills in Spanish. This can be very challenging though for students who are really new to Spanish with less to none background on it. I recommend you supplement this course with other interactive learning materials that may help you in your Spanish journey.

By Zerrin C

Dec 5, 2020

I really like this course. I have been trying to learn and speak Spanish language but it wasn’t proper and scheduled. But with the help of this course I really enjoy and learn Spanish. It helps me communicate and use language in a systematic way to learn. I am looking forward to finish this course get my certficate.

By Rishu K

Feb 1, 2020

Firstly, I would like to thank Coursera for such a good learning Platform for everyone. It has been a great experience learning Spanish language. Lots of respect!

I would like to thank Dr Robert Blake sir for such a simple explanation throughout the Course and i really liked it.

Thank you!!!

By Tonya C

Dec 2, 2017

I've been looking for a holistic course that would push me in every area of language learning - reading, writing, listening and speaking. This course does that. The exercises, the modular format, and even the dreaded submission at the end of the course, all provide plenty of practice.

By Maria S P

Dec 30, 2018

It's a great course for Spanish learners and also for more experienced speakers to review the basics. There's a lot of material so my one complaint is that complete beginners might get overwhelmed and need more than one week to understand the material and memorize all the words.

By Aiken A

Dec 15, 2020

I am very glad that I took this course. I learnt a lot here. Basics of Spanish. I know how to count from 1 to 100 in Española. And other things, I broaden my vocabulary. The lesson materials are very useful and easy to learn. Muchas gracias! Looking forward for the next level

By Himanshu P

Dec 5, 2020

The most enjoyable course i ever did. This way my first course on courseera and definitelty course era has gained my trust on the content of the courses. I was always curious about what's next in the course.

Thankyou so much.

I will be joining the further courses as well.

By Marina S L

Dec 30, 2020

Excellent course that finally got me speaking Spanish. I could already read, write and understand some Spanish. It may be more challenging for complete beginners with no knowledge of Spanish. I especially enjoyed the perspectiva videos with native Spanish speakers.

By Shruti A

Jul 23, 2020

It was really an understandable and efficient course to learn spanish vocabulary. I really learned a lot of things in this course. They actually give a lot of knowledge through this course about grammar, how to talk, pronounciations and everything. I really liked it.

By Lucas M E

Aug 24, 2020

Very good introduction to Spanish. For those people who speak romance languages like spanish, you'll probably feel that many things are already similar, so you'll need a different approach on learning the concepts. It's still a great course, and I recommend it.

By Vivek V

May 3, 2020

this course is fantastic .easy to memorise the translation process and very nice tutor ,loved it, his teaching style and all, also loved the scripted text under the video.

overall it is fabulous and one who want to start speaking spanish just go for this now..

By Deepali D

May 12, 2020

It was great learning experience. It is not easy to learn a new language but the well structured course made the tough job a bit easier. The course has done a wonderful job teaching us, now its our turn to keep practicing to be a fluent speaker. Thank you.

By Patricia L

I have taken quite a bit of Spanish classes through the years. This one really makes me feel as though I can finally achieve my goal of speaking Spanish. It is not easy but the way this course is laid out, helped me learn so much in a short period of time.

By Alexandra S

Jun 25, 2019

I loved it from A to Z. Professor Blake structures and synthesizes well the different building blocks of the Spanish Grammar. The flow of the curriculum with a good mix of Q&A, various tests, videos worked perfectly for me. Can't wait to start module 2.

By Ayush P

Oct 25, 2020

The questions, coupled with the extensive study material and rigorous presentations by the instructor, are the most crucial takeaways from this course.

Supplement your study with online translation and pronunciation tools, to make the experience better.

By Anastasia S

Nov 22, 2018

Thank you for this course! It is very well structured and contains all necessary words and grammar rules for beginners. It was really easy to learn basics by these videos. I would recommend it to all who wants to start learning Spanish from scratch.

By Cale R

May 5, 2020

I have messed around with Spanish speaking apps unsuccessfully for years. This course brought a lot of that unpolished and disorganized information together to create a real understanding of basic conjugation and grammar. I recommend this course.

By Hannah M L R R

Hola! Muchas gracias, Coursera and UC Davis for this opportunity to learn new language. It was a tough challenge before I have completed the course. And I am so happy and grateful for the people behind this online program. I have learned a lot.

By Jennifer L Z

Apr 15, 2020

Having 5 semesters of college Spanish under my belt (10 years ago!), this was a great refresher course. I think it would be a bit too advanced for a true beginner, but it's exactly what I wanted to help me get on track to being fluent one day!

By Levy E A d S

Jun 29, 2020

Minha experiência com a plataforma está sendo inesquecível! Material didático objetivo e altamente qualificado. Sem dúvida uma das melhores plataformas de aprendizado. Me sinto animado e continuarei aprendendo com esses cursos fantásticos!

By Saarra B

Jun 27, 2020

This course was very interesting for me. I ve never thought that I can learn spanish or talk with it. Now I can introduce myself to others and talk about my family. Also I ve learned a lot of vocabulary and grammar. Thanks a lot

By Rafi T

Nov 25, 2020

Thanks for the great support of coursera for educating as to learn Spannish.

This course is so good. I will advice my friends to sign in.

I believe the 2nd and other levels will be harder but will a bit of hard work I will learn.