Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM
May 2, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL
Jun 4, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

2501 - 2525 of 2,579 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Meena S

Apr 25, 2020

Good course for beginners. The way of teaching is really impressive. Most of the things were much familiar to what we have already learnt in schools and colleges, but you have taught how to apply it.

By Afonso R F P

Nov 8, 2017

Curso superficial sem muita novidade, muito específico para pessoas que não tem muita noção empresarial ou alguma experiência profissional. Além de custo elevado para o que oferece.

By Shahriar T

Aug 10, 2020

Great course but it would be better if they exclude peer-grade assignment of week 5. for this option,i had to wait for 2 months even after submitting my week 5 assignment.

By Patricia V C

Oct 16, 2020

Stress and Intonation were the things that I really enjoy because when I've studied I haven't got any idea, so thanks! I was very motived to return practise English

By Gillian R

Sep 21, 2020

This is a great course for those who are beginners in English. It is easy to follow and the exams are based on the lessons that were taught.

By Ma'an A

Oct 2, 2020

Thanks all, but this course contain a lot of basics

I think I will learn conversation with other people and talking with very good speaker

By Sruthi

May 22, 2020

Hi my name is sruthi. I learned how to speak in English of online and phone.

Thanks corsera for giving this opportunity to learn english.

By Akhil S

May 24, 2019

If learners can speak or talk with native speakers or any speakers of equivalent skills then it can help more.

By Faver A G B

Jun 5, 2020

no voy a tomar el curso (por que he de tomar uno para ir aprendiendo antes de iniciar este curso)

By Eman A

Sep 14, 2020

This course will not be enough to reach your goal, you’ve to help yourself with more effort.

By Rae K M M

Jun 21, 2020

Better if the last pitch is graded by professionals because some students don't grade fairly.

By Ahmed F

Aug 23, 2020

There's plenty of technical glitches in the peer-graded assignments, which should be fixed.

By Ashley w

Apr 15, 2020

Great course, just not what I was looking for. I was looking for something more advanced.

By shila k

Nov 28, 2020

it was so easy for me but some mentioned points was really helpful thanks

By Johanna S R

Nov 2, 2020

No dudo que sea bueno... pero no logro captar la técnica de estudio

By Poornima C

Nov 14, 2020

It's good.I provided my english speaking knowledge in this course

By اماني ر

Sep 29, 2019

Thanks for your time it was an interesting course and very helpful

By Arjan P

Feb 14, 2020

I thought it involved a lot of participation but didn't got that

By recep ç

Jan 27, 2017

thanks for everythings my teachers:)

I hope to visit you soon.

By jhonny

Apr 6, 2018

This course have material enought for our the learners

By María F D

Nov 2, 2020

It is OK for an entry level and practice.

By Ahmed T

Jun 12, 2016

good but supporting material are poor

By Dongeun M

Mar 18, 2016

Simple and Easy way to learn English

By Farhana A S

this course is very helpful for us

By himanshu g

Jun 21, 2016

nice course at least to start with