Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

GL
Jun 4, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

NM
May 2, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

326 - 350 of 2,689 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Praneet K

Aug 29, 2020

This course was really fun and a learning one. I have gained confidence and I am happy to take with me a lot of knowledge and skill from here.

By Nulibeth E O D D

Aug 26, 2020

The course content along with the provided additional materials were a fantastic impulse to seek for more on the internet and keep practicing.

By Tanzina A A

Aug 3, 2020

This was an excellent course. The course materials were easily understandable. The lecturer taught very easily that was easily understandable.

By AYAN S

May 1, 2020

according to me it's really good course ,u learn lot of things and increase your knowledge so i suggested u please chose this course.thank you

By Hardeep S

Apr 9, 2020

Thank you for providing wonderful opportunity to complete this course. It was indeed a great learning curve. Thanks a lot Coursera community.

By Mohammad H S

Mar 14, 2016

This course is really awesome! It helps me to discover the secrets of speaking English clearly.

Thanks to Georgia Tech, and thanks to Coursera.

By spoorthy f

Feb 19, 2021

THIS COURSE HAS HELPED ME TO COMMUNICATE ENGLISH WELL.

THE MODULES DEVELOPED ARE VERY EFFICIENT AND KNOWLEDGEFUL.

HATS OFF TO THE ENTIRE TEAM.

By Chu E S

Aug 23, 2020

I have got a lot of experience and knowledge from this course.I know body language systemically.So thank you so much teacher and my partners.

By Daniel A S M

Jan 20, 2021

I enjoyed everything about this course, the lessons were clear to understand.

My assignments made me put in practice the learning, thank you!

By Sourav B

Sep 5, 2020

It was a great experience.i am happy for it. By doing this course i have achieved communication, presentation,professional phone talk skill.

By AMIT K S

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent Course.It makes me a good in English speaking.Teacher's voice is very clear and sweet.It is very interesting this course.Thank you

By Berry B

Jul 1, 2019

Thank you very much for letting me be part of this class. I learn a lot of things. It definitely helped me improve my English communication.

By Jose l C

Jul 24, 2021

Well done coursera team. Made it look easy, it was intense, fun and worth. I highly recommend anyone take the course. It helped me so much.

By Mohamed D

Oct 2, 2020

I am very happy to enroll in this course and it gives me a lot of experience with a new vocabulary

finally, thank you Dr/ Amalia & Dr/ Leah

By Ma T T K

Sep 29, 2020

I'm very happy to be able to attend this course. Attending this course improves communication and intonation and then improve my knowledge.

By Sayid A

Sep 5, 2020

I'm so happy to complete this beautiful course. and I'm saying thanks for such courses and it was an important course everything was great.

By SUTHAKHAR P

The course content was great and the presenter made sure it got delivered properly. A proper professional course that should not be missed.

By Muhammad B N

Apr 27, 2020

This course is very good and appreciable. If you wanna take your communication skills to next level than this course is definitely for you.

By SAFWAN N K

Apr 16, 2020

I'm so happy to complete my course here. Thanks to our responsible faculties and Georgia Tech for giving me this opportunity. Thanks a lot!

By JINGNI T

Feb 3, 2020

Undoubtedly, practical courses can be used to reality, which is of vital importance to my development in the future. I highly recommend it.

By Pradeepa H V

Aug 31, 2019

It's a good explore to everyone and it's doesn't matter weather he is an IT employee or layman but it's good course to everyone.

Thanks you.

By Methsara B

Jan 31, 2021

The most exciting curse ever. This was the course which made me feel in love with MOOC. Great presentations and teaching, Love everything.

By A.W. D S

Jun 11, 2020

I've learned many spoken English rules and many mistake I do when I'm speaking.Thank you all the classmates and the teacher who helped me.

By Ely A F M

Jun 24, 2021

Muy Bien. Excelente curso muy recomendado, para aquellos que quieran mejorar sus habilidades al momento de hablar y presentarse en Inglés

By Angelica C

Oct 22, 2020

This course will really help you to improve your communication skills which is needed to understand and to be understood by other people.