Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

351 - 375 of 2,094 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By ERIKA D M G

It's a very good course, easy to learn and all the videos are clear. If you need trust to speak this course is for you.

By Mila K

Jun 07, 2020

It was not easy to stydy but very interesting! I had good practice during this course! Glad I passed it. Many thanks !

By Iryna T

Apr 28, 2018

I highly recommend this course . My advice is to submit all the assignments, because practice makes perfect. Good luck.

By Tes T F

May 23, 2016

The English pronunciation and ethics (not that I don't have it), is improving my communication skills in the workplace.

By Malaika I

Sep 23, 2020

I had a good time learning so much. I will keep practicing what I learn to be become better at it. Thank you Coursera.

By Ahmad A

Aug 11, 2020

I love this course. Also Like my trainer too. The trainer is very professional. Creative too. Thank you Coursera Team.

By Mutyala S

Jul 18, 2020

The way course is designed and conducted is awsome. Excellent work by the Course Coordinators cum Teachers...Great Job

By Lim S C

Feb 18, 2020

I am impressed with the course assignment which requires the student to record down their speech and submit it online.

By Wilbert V Z

Aug 09, 2020

Very good course! I learned a lot and improve my English spoken skills. Hope to still practicing what I learned here.

By Kanak B

An awesome course for fluent english speaking for professional life, person to person, on the phone and presentation.

By Zaki B T Z T

Sep 16, 2018

Very well organized,simple to understand, a few quizzes as it doesn't focus on grammar bu speaking skills. Thank you!

By Maria A M D

Jun 10, 2016

I think everybody, even students that do not have money to pay, should have the possibility to do all the activities.

By Mr. D Y

Aug 08, 2020

This course has built confidence inside me. Now I feel confident during public speaking and telephonic conversation.

By Md S S

Jun 05, 2020

This course was really helpful to me , hope every lerner will enjoy this course. I appreciate this course very much!

By 197Y5A0106

Excellent and it easy to understand,it would help every individual,so I request every one to go through this course

By Labzar C

Oct 30, 2017

It was a great experience ! I enjoyed learning english and the course was very interesting I recommend it ...Thank u

By Anthonny L R

Sep 02, 2020

Excellent, it helps me a lot to get more confidence and know more about speaking in person, online and on the phone

By Subodh C

Aug 10, 2020

This course is very useful for professional conversation. I have recommended this course to my other colleagues too

By jukanti s

Jun 05, 2020

It was really so helpful and we can improve many skills on this platform really so helpful to us Thank you so much.

By Honey M

I am feeling really energised after completing this course. The instructor is really great and approachable.

Thanks

By Yi-Ching C

Jan 29, 2019

This lecture gives me much knowledge about English grammar, pronunciation, expression tips in English. Very useful!

By Alba C

May 24, 2017

Excellent course!! You can practice a lot your pronunciation and how to express yourself in a business environment.

By Katuri A

Sep 25, 2020

I've learned a lot from this course. How to speak professionally and what are the rules of a perfect presentation.

By Youmna M S E

Nov 04, 2018

very very very useful and interesting i want to thank all of you about this i loved this try and i will to do more

By Waleed A

Jul 29, 2018

very informative course, and I definitely learned a lot of useful stuff .

Appreciate the Instructors' hard work ^_^