Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM
May 2, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL
Jun 4, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

351 - 375 of 2,697 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Angelica C

Oct 22, 2020

This course will really help you to improve your communication skills which is needed to understand and to be understood by other people.

By Iris S A A

Jul 23, 2020

In the short term, she will help me with my personal project. And in the long term in future job interviews, to show my tools in English.

By BHANU R P 1

Jul 12, 2020

Amazing, This course has helped me a lot. I could now confidently give presentations at my college, I now know the protocols of speaking.

By Shraddha K

When I started this course I'm not good in English but I join this course .After that I can speak English professionally and confidently.

By vinita y

May 15, 2020

It was a good experience, now I would definitely notice all those small things that can make or break the opportunity of first impression

By PREMANANTHAN G

The teacher is delivering the content in proper way and created attention towards the course. really great experience. Thank you so much

By Rachell C

Apr 30, 2020

It was an amazing course, the instructors and the material were really good. Thank you for the opportunity to Georgia Tech and Coursera.

By Amisha S

Oct 21, 2018

I learned a lot of things from this course. we were assigned assignments which were practical in nature and helped us learn the lessons.

By Elyasafzali

Jun 29, 2018

Thanks a lot for coursera I'm very happy to revise my certificate from this course. i would like to continues my study here in coursera.

By Cristiane T d O

Feb 24, 2021

I really enjoyed this course! The course provides techniques and tips to improve pronunciation that make a difference in everyday life.

By Mauricio M Q

Aug 14, 2020

Very interesting, with excellent videoconferences, practical exercises that really, when done judiciously, demand effort to do it well.

By ROSANNA D G

Jul 28, 2020

I decided to follow this course to improve my English skils, I can say that it is a perfect course. I am more confident with my English

By Supantha R

Jul 22, 2020

It was simply great.The lectures were so balanced and helpful.I liked the way they chose to teach.But the test segment could be better.

By Atharva A G

Jul 20, 2020

This is a very Good course for beginer as well as for those who wants to take a specialisatio, as it includes interview questions also.

By Айгерим Ж

It was an awesome course. I have learned more key pieces of information about English, that I did not know before. thank you very much!

By Do H A

Although I got Ielts 6.5 overall, learning through this Course helped me alot by many ways. It's really great, Thank you Georgia Tech.

By Axa A

Oct 25, 2020

I've learnt the skills of professional English speaking. The practices which I did during this course were all very helpful. Thank you

By Ruhma K

Oct 7, 2020

I really enjoyed the course, the instructor is just awesome. Her way of teaching is what all we want. i look forward to see her again.

By Raghav

Jul 11, 2020

This course is really amazing. After completing this course I am confident that i would be able to communicate in english effectively.

By Vaibhav P

This is really a nice course to learn and enhance your skills. Everything is pretty well organised here by the instructor and mentors.

By IZ

May 2, 2019

Thank you! It is truly one of the best courses I have taken in coursera. The assignments are very challenging! And it's great! Thanks!

By Mon T

Jul 10, 2021

It's a great opportunity to attend this course and get a clear idea and a way how to speak English professionally. Thank you so much.

By Naveena Y

Sep 15, 2020

This course is very useful for me to learn correct pronunciation, get confident to speak English professionally. Thank you your team.

By Swasti D

Jul 18, 2020

The step by step videos and assignments helped to learn and imbibe all the small nitty gritty details. It was a wonderful experience.

By Lesly L

Jul 12, 2020

Very useful in my daily functions.

Wow! I am impressed how my pronunciation has improved. I am very grateful for all I have learned!