Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

376 - 400 of 2,285 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Chonticha k

Apr 23, 2020

I really love this course, This course can improve my English communication skill. Thank you coursera and Georgia tech :)

By Moinuddin I S

Mar 14, 2019

Dear Madam,

Learning speaking in English was not so easy for me, but after studying with you its makes so simple.

By Mohamed M M U

Jan 20, 2017

It was a great opportunity for me that I could do this course. Because it helped me in great way in improving my English.

By Andy N

Oct 02, 2020

Fue un curso que disfrute hacer! muy dinámico y captó toda mi atención! me llevo herramientas muy gratificantes! gracias

By Annapoorani

Aug 19, 2020

EXCELLENT COURSE INVOLVEMENT IS NECESSARY !! TRY NEW WORDS AND COLOUR TO IT DO IT WITH PASSION . SIMPLE THINGS MATTER .

By LAILA C C B

Aug 03, 2020

I reviewed several concepts of English and learned several tips that I hope will be very useful in my professional life.

By Svethalina

Jun 04, 2020

for me it was best way to learn virtually and practically. Thank you and looking forward to learn more courses from you.

By Rymma M

May 09, 2020

I really liked the course. Gained useful knowledge and practical skills. Thank you to the organizer for the opportunity!

By Erhan T

Sep 24, 2018

Hi. The course is very useful I didn’t expect it. All of the videos essays and quizzes perfect. Thanks for your efforts.

By Juan O C R

Oct 31, 2016

Great course for learning and practicing communication skills in the english language as they relate to business topics.

By Osipova S

Sep 12, 2020

Thank you, dear teachers!

You have done everything possible to make us feel more confident in communicating in English!

By Pranab k

Sep 02, 2020

thank you for giving us opportunity to join this course, it's very helpful with for developing my communication skills.

By Ayesha S

Aug 17, 2020

I'm so excited.I am very happy, it is very important to learn such a class and thank you very much for learning. Madam.

By Bibiana G L

Jul 07, 2020

Excellent course to learn how to pronounce English words correctly. It will help you prepare for a smooth conversation.

By Rubeena

Jul 01, 2020

Its a excellent course ...i am saying that all are must go through this course in spite of their subject related course

By ERIKA D M G

It's a very good course, easy to learn and all the videos are clear. If you need trust to speak this course is for you.

By Mila K

Jun 07, 2020

It was not easy to stydy but very interesting! I had good practice during this course! Glad I passed it. Many thanks !

By Iryna T

Apr 28, 2018

I highly recommend this course . My advice is to submit all the assignments, because practice makes perfect. Good luck.

By Tes T F

May 23, 2016

The English pronunciation and ethics (not that I don't have it), is improving my communication skills in the workplace.

By Malaika I

Sep 23, 2020

I had a good time learning so much. I will keep practicing what I learn to be become better at it. Thank you Coursera.

By Ahmad A

Aug 11, 2020

I love this course. Also Like my trainer too. The trainer is very professional. Creative too. Thank you Coursera Team.

By Mutyala S

Jul 18, 2020

The way course is designed and conducted is awsome. Excellent work by the Course Coordinators cum Teachers...Great Job

By Lim S C

Feb 18, 2020

I am impressed with the course assignment which requires the student to record down their speech and submit it online.

By Wilbert V Z

Aug 09, 2020

Very good course! I learned a lot and improve my English spoken skills. Hope to still practicing what I learned here.

By Kanak B

An awesome course for fluent english speaking for professional life, person to person, on the phone and presentation.