Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

1751 - 1775 of 2,098 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Amira I

Aug 28, 2020

I love this course. You can fix your pronunciation and learn more about vocabulary. Peer graded assignment is also easy to do as long as you utilize the group forum. however, i think this course is very basic to me. if you are a beginner in English, then this course is perfect for you. Nevertheless, i still got a lot of new knowledge from this course

By Saumya V

Mar 16, 2016

I have almost completed week one. I learned about what words to stress in a sentence and how to use the innotation at the end of the sentence. It is fun to go through the course contents. I would have given it five stars when it actually have helped us by giving analogies on more conversations formally and informally. Well, thank you.

By KULKARNI G G

Jun 26, 2020

This course is very helpful for those who are weak in pronouncing the words and the telephonic communication. It helped me a lot to improve my English speaking and other communication skills . One must enroll for this course which provides the best platforms for the studnets who are poor in English . I really enjoyed the course .

By Prof G K S

Jun 12, 2020

I Am Gaurang Sharma already familiar with all this rules but when as a student i learn lots of skill like how to present your self within short time ,Ice breaking questions and telephonic and interview preparation practice such a nice explaination by tutor thanks to Georgia Tech for providing nice facility of e learning

By prasanna d d

Apr 29, 2020

I have enjoyed this course. I have learned so many things actually i dont know ,that is small small mistakes we do while speaking like word stress . I like the rythem of english which i have learned in this course . I think this will be more useful in my future.

Thanks a lot ,I am very happy to take a part in this course.

By Josephine d l P

If this could be reviewed to reduce the time spent a little bit without compromising on the core content, it would be better. I really like the all the assignments, it reinforce the learnings. These assignments should be keep as is, if I may suggest. Many thanks for a well-designed course. More powers to Coursera!

By David R

The course is interesting, I learned too many subjects such as stress intonation, how to listen to me and how to practice intonation but I would have liked the course can be a little more complete I want to mean more exercises and more exams.

I don't know if possible live feedback with the teacher.

Thanks a lot

By Isha U

Jul 12, 2020

Thank you so much Ma'am for such an interesting course. It helped me a lot in improving my English fluency. I feel more confident than before. It was a great session. Also great effort by both the professors. They made the course clear. Thanking you again for such a great effort.

By Olga K

May 09, 2019

Great&useful course. I also learned a number of usefull tips not concerning English. Lots interesting about business communications.

I assett the course by not the highest point, because it's impossible loading a homework in a free version (without buying a course). It's a pity(.

By Amit K Y

Aug 21, 2020

In this course i have learned how to communicate with people online, In person and on the phone with proper word stress and intonation and how to reply positively to interviewer during interview. I look forward to take more course from Georgia Tech Institute. Thank you.

By Marina

Dec 21, 2016

The course was very useful! Through it I have learned how to organize my professional speech and be more confident and informative in it. Only one advice for a future improvement of course - please add more examples of speeches and more phrases into videos...

By Harshita A

Jul 21, 2020

A very good course to learn speaking English. I truly liked the wonderful assignments and am elated to takeaway some really good learning. The trainer is very confident and vibrant. Kudos to Georgia Tech to have designed such a great course on Communication.

By Kalaivani.G

Apr 25, 2020

Hiii.. This course is very useful to me. I feel i spended my holidays very useful. It give more inforamation about our simple mistakes while speaking. I performed well but I don't know how they calculated my gradIe.. Otherwise this course is good

By Celia Y L

Apr 02, 2016

The course do cover a few facets of speaking English professionally and it's very helpful. I feel, however, it is not so much deep and concrete as it didn't take much time to apply the techniques and cover a boarder range of situations.

By Carrie L

Apr 10, 2016

The teacher is very nice. The content of the class is clear to understand. I think it fits people who have little English language using experience but want to improve. I would hope to learn more specific things during the course.

By Nguyen T T K

Sep 06, 2020

It is easier to catch up with different modules and practice well. This course is really useful to achieve English speaking skills. But, it is better to reveive a certificate of this course if the learner passes.

By SHUBHAJIT D

Aug 14, 2020

Everything regarding this course is absolutely amazing except the methodology of grading. Developers should come up with better ways to grade assignments as the current methods welcomes a way to plagiarism.

By Srinidhi M

Jun 23, 2020

It was a wonderful experience. This course helped me to imrove my professional english in a way that I could easily build up my confidence and enhance my speaking skills through fun and engaging activities.

By Omar N M A E

Aug 20, 2018

Very good course

I recommend it on everyone but you should train more with your self as the course teach you only the correct way to speak and you practice it as much as you need.

Thanks for the Lecturers

By Afifa A

Sep 08, 2020

By Martins O

May 05, 2020

Good course for someone with low confidence. Course starts slowly and gives easy tasks to boost confidence. At end of course you can easily talk and don't worry that someone might not understand you!

By Etzaé Z C

Mar 23, 2019

It is a good course because they teach you not only English grammar but how to make a speech, body language, tips por business presentation and public speaking. It is a little basic but i is helpful.

By robinson m

Aug 18, 2020

The tips provided, the processes, the information have been of great help,

important to generate the necessary confidence during daily activities. Thank you very much Mrs Stephens and Mrs Attruia

By Bhavana s s k

Apr 30, 2020

It is great. The way of teaching is very comfortable. The interaction with peers is a great advantage. It helped a lot to correct our mistakes. I am very thankful to Georgia Tech and Coursera.

By Abeer R A E k

Apr 09, 2020

I was very happy taking this course , I have learned a lot of things and the assignments were very good practice of the language, thank you for this opportunity to have a such experience here!