Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

326 - 350 of 1,507 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By LAKSHMI D 4

Apr 27, 2020

I am happy with the result and really enjoyed by listening to the classes.thank you coursera

By Arturo I U

Apr 12, 2020

Fue un curso muy bueno, excelentes videos y muy buenos tips para desarrollar mis habilidades

By Maedeh S

Apr 05, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and I think my English communication skills have been improved.

By ogunkeyede o

Jun 24, 2020

The five weeks were awesome and i really enjoyed the class and thanks to our both lecturers

By Anmol V S (

it is great course for beginners but who are good with basics need something more difficut.

By Janet

I am pleased to have found you. I have learned a lot in a short time, thanks for your help.

By Aerik D T

May 09, 2020

It was a wonderful experience and I earned lot from here that helps me to achievw my goals.

By Harold S P

Jan 25, 2020

Very insightful and straight forward! Learned a lot and boosted my confidence. Thank you =)

By Masud m

Dec 21, 2018

i understood one thing here how a good teacher can influence his students in a positive way

By Muhammad Z

Dec 08, 2017

it is excellent course, so useful, understandable and has so much of valuable information.

By PARAS P

May 22, 2016

Instructor is great and her english is the best I've heard. I wish I could speak like that.

By Dania A D

Mar 18, 2020

Thank you I have learned a lot of basic skills to speak English and will continue to train

By nicholeemma

Mar 11, 2018

introduced a lot of valued information and website in terms of interview and communication

By Deliang L

Mar 24, 2016

This is a very practical course for a non-native English speaker. It's easy to understand.

By Rizana A

Jun 20, 2020

This an excellent opprtunity to gain the arena of knowledge!! Great..

Thank you so much!!

By Deepali K G

Apr 26, 2020

It is a very good course for the people for those not having English as a first language.

By Mustafa M

Sep 04, 2019

great job ,great teacher ,productive assignment and finally great sources to more details

By vinisha a

very good and effective to be enroll to learn basic speaking skills for english language

By Fátima E I

Mar 24, 2019

A very good course, I improved my pronunciation and I learned how to speak professionaly

By Aileen

Mar 25, 2016

The course is very useful, and easily understood. Thanks for the trainers' clear and con

By muhammad a j

Jun 03, 2020

very interesting course

I learn more things, I improve my English communication skill...

By Nitish K

This was a wonderful experience with the coursera and the instructor as well.

Thank you.

By Midhun P

Really good course, I was happy with the mode and type of knowledge they imparted in me

By Luis Z

It is a very good course due to the appropriate and accurate knowledge that is thought.

By Sakshi j

Apr 23, 2020

amazing teachers and course has taught me so much more. happy to have learnt from here.