Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

SE

Aug 15, 2019

really I'm very enthusiastic in this course , the instructor gives me an important information which I didn't heard before , I'm very glade to this .\n\nthank to my instructor and thanks coursera <3

201 - 225 of 635 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Jesica C D

Jun 21, 2016

It was really helpful to me!!!

By Marcos R M

Jul 05, 2017

Very good and easy to understand.

By Pedro C D L C

Mar 18, 2016

Good advices, very useful web pages to practise and well-prepared teachers. Very good course.

By Jaco E

Jul 20, 2016

In ONE English word: EXCELLENT. I could have not found and enjoyed a language based course more than this.

By sandra

Apr 18, 2016

I learnt a lot from it. I'm sure I will be more confident when I speak English!

By liu j

Mar 22, 2016

very good!

By Shafiq A

Aug 29, 2016

Excellent and wonderful course.

By Pawel F

Nov 28, 2016

Great training.

By Oscar J R T

Mar 16, 2016

Nice videos, nice tips, nice extra material and nice teachers

By Bin S

Mar 25, 2016

This lesson is quite useful and I recommend this to my friends.

By Anas

Dec 15, 2016

I found the course very interesting, the teacher and materials are very very interesting as well.

By Shailesh M

Sep 22, 2016

Great course, help you to speak properly and more clearly. Thankyou :)

By pranjita c

Mar 14, 2016

An awesome course to complete. really a great one. Helped me learn and polish my english skills to do better in my interviews.

By Yaroslava F

Jan 10, 2017

A very useful course, thank you.

By Chelito S C

Jun 29, 2016

Great Course! Great and talented instructors! Highly recommended!

By Maria A M D

Jun 10, 2016

I think everybody, even students that do not have money to pay, should have the possibility to do all the activities.

By Oleg O

Mar 15, 2016

Very usfull course. I like it.

By EDILSON S S O J

May 25, 2016

The teacher is amazing!!!!

By valdecir a a d o

By Samiur R

Apr 27, 2017

By Dariyoush S

Mar 19, 2016

perfect, thank you for this course.

By 毛gay

Jul 16, 2017

非常好!

By Safi S

Mar 25, 2017

Very good specially for bilinguals. Loved the real life situations\examples.

By Arnaldo C

Apr 21, 2017

This course is great. Thank you